This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bioware pandering to the LGBT community again

#401JaybirdXPosted 7/3/2014 11:34:06 AM
ThePaleRiderp posted...
Askeladd posted...
ThePaleRiderp posted...
I'm all for video games being more inclusive but it has to be because the creators wanted to make their game that way.

I am pretty sure nobody made David Gaider include a gay character. That Bioware seemed to handle the issue in a clumsy, ham-fisted way is unfortunate, but another issue. I doubt this was something forced on them.

And I'm sure. But my post was regarding all video games. We're getting to that point to where if a game doesn't have a minority as a lead or main character then the devs just get a **** storm coming to them. IF a developer wanted to make a game of all black, white, asian, hispanic, gay or whatever characters then we as gamers have to either accept it or buy the game. If a person chose not to buy a game based on a character's race, gender, etc rather than having fun and enjoying the game then that says more about them than the developers.

No we are at a point where even including a minority is just "pandering" and all accusations of "cultural marxism" and other nonsense. This topic was never about the developers freedom to do what they want just people taking one article and bloating it with there own personal vendetta's.
---
3DS FC 5257-8859-8358
#402JuggaloJesusPosted 7/3/2014 11:34:26 AM
It is great to see how angry some people can get over a simple thing like a characters sexuality. It doesn't really matter in the end, it's just a game. On top of that, homosexuals aren't anything alien or wrong. They are just regular people who have a different preference in terms of sexuality.

The line of reasoning "They only included x character is because of pandering and their agenda to appeal to x demographic!" has been around forever.

Back in the 50s and 60s, if a minority character was on a television show, you'd have people just like TC chiming in, "Those damn execs only want to pander to the minorities now! Stop shoving it down our throats!"

Same stuff, just different group of people.
#403JaybirdXPosted 7/3/2014 11:38:40 AM
HighOnPhazon posted...
JaybirdX posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
JaybirdX posted...
I am getting the idea is that heterosexual people holding hands, kissing and what not doesn't because reasons but if they see one gay couple walk down the street holding had its "political correctness gone wrong" and THE PANDA RING NEED TO STOP, and some other world ending mental fart.

What the **** did i just read?

I had the same reaction to the stuff you posted.

Ok. Thanks for your contribution of nothing.

Which translate to you didn't agree to my hypersensitive nonsense about the "political correctness" so everything you say means nothing.

If come to public forum and post something a expect everyone to agree with you your going have bad time.
---
3DS FC 5257-8859-8358
#404AlexTheNextOnePosted 7/3/2014 11:47:17 AM
I thought games were supposed to be about games.
#405ThePaleRiderpPosted 7/3/2014 11:56:36 AM
JaybirdX posted...
ThePaleRiderp posted...
Askeladd posted...
ThePaleRiderp posted...
I'm all for video games being more inclusive but it has to be because the creators wanted to make their game that way.

I am pretty sure nobody made David Gaider include a gay character. That Bioware seemed to handle the issue in a clumsy, ham-fisted way is unfortunate, but another issue. I doubt this was something forced on them.

And I'm sure. But my post was regarding all video games. We're getting to that point to where if a game doesn't have a minority as a lead or main character then the devs just get a **** storm coming to them. IF a developer wanted to make a game of all black, white, asian, hispanic, gay or whatever characters then we as gamers have to either accept it or buy the game. If a person chose not to buy a game based on a character's race, gender, etc rather than having fun and enjoying the game then that says more about them than the developers.

No we are at a point where even including a minority is just "pandering" and all accusations of "cultural marxism" and other nonsense. This topic was never about the developers freedom to do what they want just people taking one article and bloating it with there own personal vendetta's.

Maybe so but that's what people need remember in the case of games and all works of art. If a game developer came out and said, "Main lead is a black male" the first question I would ask is, okay is the game fun and what does his race have to do with the game? As I said in my GTA V example the only thing I had in common with Franklin was our race and gender but it didn't change the fact I
found him completely boring and unrelateable.

I want the games to be fun first and foremost.
---
Valar morghulis
#406ThePaleRiderpPosted 7/3/2014 11:56:51 AM
AlexTheNextOne posted...
I thought games were supposed to be about games.

Me too.
---
Valar morghulis
#407ArayzielPosted 7/3/2014 12:01:32 PM
Oho, never thought I'd see cultural marxism mentioned here. Well, the winds are starting to change and I'm looking forward to it.
#408JKatarnPosted 7/3/2014 12:17:37 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
meteor9898 posted...
Leon_Hisaragi posted...
TehPwnzerer posted...
Renraku_San posted...
Oh look, another homophobe with their passive-aggressive anti-gay opinion.

It's not homophobic or anti-gay to be a staunch opponent of affirmative action or political correctness.

Why in the world would it be politically correct to insert a gay character in a dragon age game at this point? Bioware games have always been inclusive of sexual orientation, this is simply a natural progression of that pattern. If women were suddenly fully clothed and no one talked smack about the Germans in Duke Nukem then you can holler PC until your lungs give out, but here? LOL!

This topic was never about being against political correctness. It was always about bigotry and ignorance.

No, you think its about bigotry. You've thrown that word around this topic more than anyone. You're also clearly angry because there are those that don't share your conviction. You're playing the tolerant leftist progressive to a T. Fling the insults, play the bigot card. Everyone is a meanie head, waaaahhhh.

If you're making this big of a deal out of the announcement of a character in a video-game, yes, you seem to be a bigot/ignorant. Oh heavens, a character who happens to be gay is in my vidya games! Next I'll be forced to engage in endless gay sex!
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#409SwcloudPosted 7/3/2014 12:19:32 PM
Askeladd posted...
ThePaleRiderp posted...

Considering he is gay... No, I doubt he was forced to do it but listening to everyone here, he only did it to pander to... Himself I guess. Which is what he should do as a writer shouldn't he?
So what's the issue again?
---
Big announcement to make, I'm quitting gamefaqs forever. I have seriously had enough of you people. - krazyninjaman3
#410HighOnPhazon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 12:21:52 PM
JKatarn posted...

If you're making this big of a deal out of the announcement of a character in a video-game, yes, you seem to be a bigot/ignorant. Oh heavens, a character who happens to be gay is in my vidya games! Next I'll be forced to engage in endless gay sex!

It's due more to the fact that instead of making a really well written gay character, we have a clown with a Freddy Mercury mustache and eye liner who comes from an oppressed background. Edgy, progressive PANDERING.

You're so ******* annoying, like a fly.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650