This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bioware pandering to the LGBT community again

#431M DAMAGEPosted 7/4/2014 1:09:20 AM
TalesOfGod posted...
Anyways, this shouldn't be getting anymore publicity than it already has.

Remember the Nintendo Tomodachi controversy?
The LGBT community went ape **** because they felt like they were being represented even though it was already clearly mentioned that there were many other cultural, racial, religious, etc. minorities weren't included (yet, no one cared on their side!).

Another example?
The Fire Emblem series where it seemed like the world was ending because you couldn't marry a male if you were a male for a series that had been going on for more than 20 years. There was tons of requests for them to change it or the game would be trash otherwise. Despite that, no one gave a flying **** on how there was only 2 black people in the game in a cast of 40 and that there were no other racial or cultural inclusions.

Let's not even talk about that incident where they tried to get it in Pokémon X and Y on mentioning that pokemon should mate with other pokemon and to include homosexual romance in a game that doesn't even feature romance.

The constant annoyance that keeps popping up every so often on this site on "why this game doesn't have LGBT" is nothing more than a testament that the entire LGBT community on this site are simply insecure of their own preferences to the point that they feel that they must shove their own values on other people.

It's a bloody disgrace and the mods that keep modding or banning the people who call them out on this crap isn't helping.

No one would care if you weren't trying to force your values down other people's throats every week or so on the front page.

This is exactly my problem with the LGBT mafia.

They were racist against Nintendo for tomadachi life.

They have to call in their cult leaders if you dare to disagree with their lifestyle, as they did with the duck dynasty guys.

It is not "live and let live" with them, no you HAVE to endorse and condone their life choices or else.
#432blankempathyPosted 7/4/2014 1:24:53 AM
monkmith posted...
as long as he isn't as pushy as anders i dont care. though i do wonder why they have a predisposition to gay men over gay women, they've had several gay men in games and only one gay woman.

edit: o wait, two. that BoS girl from NV was gay.

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20110314
---
I like video games.
#433cymanxPosted 7/4/2014 6:30:04 AM
Just wait til they decide that they need to pander to the trans crowd, that'll be something. We'll see 'women' who look like they could be the quarterbackers of a football team. It wasn't enough to make him gay, oh no, they had to give dorian Freddy Mercury's mustache. I will be going out of my way to earn rivalry points with this guy to protest my disgust of bioware's need to pander to the GLAAD.
---
Oh crap, I lost 3 Karma... Whatever will I do? I guess it truly is the end of the world..."
#434Jchopper5Posted 7/4/2014 6:47:54 AM
king_gimpy posted...
EvilCactus posted...
Let's come up with a list of games that handled LGBT characters much more maturely that Bioware has ever done.

Fallout New Vegas
Borderlands 2
Rogue Legacy
Divinity Dragon Commander

Not only did these developers not resort to using one-dimensional stereotypes, they also don't go around paying themselves on the back about it.

Who was gay in BL 2? I don't remember anyone and I beat the vanilla game. Are they in a DLC?

Supposedly Sir Hammerlock, he mentions having a boyfriend. I can't remember if it was in a dlc though.
#435SwcloudPosted 7/4/2014 8:23:16 AM
cymanx posted...
Just wait til they decide that they need to pander to the trans crowd, that'll be something. We'll see 'women' who look like they could be the quarterbackers of a football team. It wasn't enough to make him gay, oh no, they had to give dorian Freddy Mercury's mustache. I will be going out of my way to earn rivalry points with this guy to protest my disgust of bioware's need to pander to the GLAAD.

He's from the tevinter imperium... They all look like that. Nothing to do with his sexual orientation.
---
Big announcement to make, I'm quitting gamefaqs forever. I have seriously had enough of you people. - krazyninjaman3
#436cymanxPosted 7/4/2014 12:28:05 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Alavard posted...
Did you miss the part where the guy being interviewed, the writer who created the character, is gay himself? He describes it as being a 'personal experience'. That's not pandering.

Not pandering doesn't make it good writing.

It is kind've shameless, though I doubt he was the one who announced it, unless he leaked it intentionally. I've heard that BIoware is doing this because of Nintendo's fiasco with Tomodachi Life, anyone here think it's true?
---
Oh crap, I lost 3 Karma... Whatever will I do? I guess it truly is the end of the world..."
#437king_gimpyPosted 7/4/2014 2:31:05 PM
M DAMAGE posted...

This is exactly my problem with the LGBT mafia.

They were racist against Nintendo for tomadachi life.

They have to call in their cult leaders if you dare to disagree with their lifestyle, as they did with the duck dynasty guys.

It is not "live and let live" with them, no you HAVE to endorse and condone their life choices or else.

Nice job wedging us all into one group. Plenty of LBGT people didn't complain about any of that, you know why you don't realize that? Because we were quiet about it.

Hell, most people when they meet me don't even realize I'm bi. When I finally came out to my parents they refused to believe me because I didn't "act" that way and had only ever dated women.

The LGBT extremists do not represent all of us by a f***ing longshot.
---
There's an old sayin' down on the bayou that goes- BLEAH!
#438CovenantPosted 7/4/2014 3:26:07 PM
king_gimpy posted...
The LGBT extremists do not represent all of us by a f***ing longshot.

They are not an accurate representation of you, but they do represent you, as far as society is concerned.

That's what happens when you let them be loud and remain quiet yourself.
#439NovaLevossidaPosted 7/4/2014 3:50:44 PM
I don't mind the inclusion of LGBT characters. It's unfortunate that it's turned into a spectacle in the news and press releases rather than just some ordinary everyday thing.

But, I do not like David Gaider. Quite frankly, the guy is an ass in how he talks about his writing to his customers:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.274827-David-Gaider-says-Bioware-decides-what-dead-means-in-Dragon-Age-2?page=1

David Gaider wrote
If we wish to bring someone back to life, it's because we wanted to.

And on and on. Basically, he said that whatever he wants to do with his story choices he'll just do no matter if the player had a choice in determining what happened in the plot and how the story goes forward. Basically, with Gaider at the helm, none of your choices matter because he'll just overwrite them because he likes this or that character too much to have die, or he'll just reverse decisions when he's realized he's wrote himself into a corner. He didn't do the Mass Effect 3 ending, but I had to double check anyway because it was exactly like something he'd do.

DA: Inquisition looks good. But Gaider's on the game. So I'm not expecting much. Now I see in the news that he's trumpeting a "fully gay" character. So I'm seeing spectacle here rather than substance.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#440Madmax1985Posted 7/4/2014 3:59:50 PM
I was going to buy dragon age inquisition.... But looking at cole and dorian.....

Yeah *Preorders shadow of mordor instead*.
---
"Because you aren't allowed to be excited about anything anymore. Welcome to trollfaqs. -Sparkitup"