This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bioware pandering to the LGBT community again

#461r7gerrabbitPosted 7/5/2014 10:17:05 AM(edited)
I don't get it...
Big deal. He's gay.

What does your sexual orientation have to do with saving the world and killing monsters?
If you're a good warrior, or mage, or necromancer, or cleric then you're a good addition to the team. How you get your rocks off is irrelevant to my interests as team leader.
---
Sig.
#462HighOnPhazon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2014 12:55:47 PM
r7gerrabbit posted...
I don't get it...
Big deal. He's gay.

What does your sexual orientation have to do with saving the world and killing monsters?
If you're a good warrior, or mage, or necromancer, or cleric then you're a good addition to the team. How you get your rocks off is irrelevant to my interests as team leader.

Exactly.

Bioware continues to be SJWs, but they do it through their vidyagamez
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#463cymanxPosted 7/5/2014 1:11:26 PM
Asellus posted...
David Gaider is responsible. I am almost certain that he has his own gay rights political agenda. You can't tell me that he didn't know that any news group would make a big stink in the first place.

Funny how one question in a community interview where Dorian is mentioned as gay becomes "BioWare made a press release to announce it".
https://twitter.com/davidgaider/status/484735232403193856

And what makes you think that it wasn't part of his agenda in the first place?
---
Oh crap, I lost 3 Karma... Whatever will I do? I guess it truly is the end of the world..."
#464king_gimpyPosted 7/5/2014 1:21:50 PM
Covenant posted...
If you speak second, you have to speak even louder, so to speak, to get your message across. But you aren't doing that, so the first loud idiots become your representation to the rest of society.

This is why the irrational idiots run every group with anything even remotely resembling a social agenda.

It would do no good. Look at Muslims, plenty of them speak out about not supporting terrorists and bring up points to where it doesn't mesh with their religion.

Those who don't mind them already feel that way and those prejudiced against them ignore it and continue with their preconceived notion of what it is to be a Muslim.

It's pretty much the same with LGBT or anything. If people are convinced we're deviants no amount of trying to show them we're not works because they just point to the worst aspects of our community and continue to act as if that represents us all.

Show them multiple loving, monogamous low key gay couples and they just point to the attention seekers at gay pride parades and say "See! See!"
---
There's an old sayin' down on the bayou that goes- BLEAH!
#465ShiangPosted 7/5/2014 2:58:41 PM
king_gimpy posted...
Covenant posted...
If you speak second, you have to speak even louder, so to speak, to get your message across. But you aren't doing that, so the first loud idiots become your representation to the rest of society.

This is why the irrational idiots run every group with anything even remotely resembling a social agenda.

It would do no good. Look at Muslims, plenty of them speak out about not supporting terrorists and bring up points to where it doesn't mesh with their religion.

Those who don't mind them already feel that way and those prejudiced against them ignore it and continue with their preconceived notion of what it is to be a Muslim.

It's pretty much the same with LGBT or anything. If people are convinced we're deviants no amount of trying to show them we're not works because they just point to the worst aspects of our community and continue to act as if that represents us all.

Show them multiple loving, monogamous low key gay couples and they just point to the attention seekers at gay pride parades and say "See! See!"

Quoted for truth.
---
There is no road of flowers leading to glory.
- Jean de la Fontaine
#466SwcloudPosted 7/5/2014 3:33:45 PM
king_gimpy posted...

God, that is so true.
I work at a supermarket in a touristic area during the summer between college classes and there are a lot of homosexuals in vacation. You couldn't tell if it wasn't for the fact two men were buying groceries together.
---
Big announcement to make, I'm quitting gamefaqs forever. I have seriously had enough of you people. - krazyninjaman3
#467SwcloudPosted 7/5/2014 3:34:44 PM
r7gerrabbit posted...

Not much, but there is a big social component to Bioware games' gameplay and part of that social component is to start romances between characters so it is, in fact, relevant to the game.
---
Big announcement to make, I'm quitting gamefaqs forever. I have seriously had enough of you people. - krazyninjaman3
#468Redjoker777Posted 7/5/2014 3:35:55 PM
This topic is hilarious.

The fact that you all made such a stink about it means it was a good decision by bioware.

Dat publicity.
---
Mrgrgrgrgr
3DS FC: 2621-2758-3169
#469merqabahPosted 7/5/2014 6:14:26 PM(edited)
cymanx posted...
merqabah posted...
cymanx posted...
king_gimpy posted...
Honestly so long as society get's to the point where I can no longer be fired for being bisexual and I can eventually marry another man if I so choose with equal status as any other married couple, I couldn't care less what others believe or do.

For the record I think the government should have zero say in marriage. It should be something where so long as two consenting adults want it they can do so.

If churches don't want to perform certain marriages they shouldn't have to. I wouldn't get married in a Christian church anyway, I am far from a Christian.

Oh on the contrary, I am too against the government regulating marriage. Not because of equal rights or any of that crap, but because it makes no sense from a financial level. They are wasting our tax dollars on telling us who we can and can't engage in wedlock with. I am not even certainly that the government has any right to represent a moral authority be it religious or otherwise.

in the end marriage is only a contract, and all contracts should be regulated by a justice system, otherwise it would be a mess.

Then it's a poorly written contract that covers only a handful of situations. I actually came up with a more idealistic contract that covers cheating and all penalties, rendering divorce virtually pointless.

you dont know anything about law, or contracts do you?, besides the grounds for divorce stipulated by law, penalties can be covered by a prenuptial agreement i coutries without a matrimonial regime, and unless both parties agree on everything about the dissolution of a contract, divorce or civil procedures will never be pointless, and even if they agree there has to be a procedure that formally ends obligations of a contract.
---
PSA: Their/there/they're are not the same, nor then/than and should of does not exist it's should have
#470calcyclePosted 7/5/2014 5:52:45 PM
Some benefits people want and need are only covered by marriage and not same sex partnerships, so to my understanding we could either change every policy to include same sex partnerships with marriages or just change those partnerships into marriages and keep things the same.

The second choice is a lot simpler, I'm not really against it.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity