This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow I can't buy stuff from the Steam market on a new account?

#11snesmaster40Posted 7/2/2014 7:49:47 PM
It's to stop credit scammers. One person could steal a credit card and buy tons of items, games, and even trade stuff. Once the credit card is recognized as stole and the money is reversed, then all those people that traded stuff with the scammer may even get banned for fraud.
---
Are we not men?
#12Blobs_Posted 7/2/2014 8:26:24 PM
As whiny as TC is, he does have a point. Punishing the loads of new, legitimate steam users for the actions of the bad eggs isn't the best way of going about this, but because of how many bots there actually are on the market there probably isn't a better way without punishing the innocent more.
---
is haha
#13Orestes417Posted 7/2/2014 8:43:17 PM
Its not punishment, its scam protection.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#14SteamsterPosted 7/2/2014 8:47:12 PM
Blobs_ posted...
As whiny as TC is, he does have a point. Punishing the loads of new, legitimate steam users for the actions of the bad eggs isn't the best way of going about this, but because of how many bots there actually are on the market there probably isn't a better way without punishing the innocent more.

Yeah but that's the thing. It's really not that big of a deal. It's just video games when it comes down to it. A minor inconvenience at worst imo.

Not to mention it might actually teach some people about deferring gratification, which seems pretty f***in' rare nowadays.
#15falloutfanPosted 7/2/2014 8:49:25 PM
I've been on steam since it came out and I'm locked out of market since I haven't bought anything in awhile.

Joys of becoming a casual gamer lol