This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mechanical Keyboard help

#11iPWNtheNoobs(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 11:40:43 AM
I'm deciding between blue and brown.
---
Space Waster
#12snae99Posted 7/2/2014 11:50:35 AM(edited)
The blues feel nice, but I don't like the noise. Brown feels great and isn't loud like the blue.

Sadly, stores around me don't carry red switches to test out. I've only been able to try out Greens, Browns and Blacks on a full keyboard. I've only tried red on that sample kit this one company sells, but 1 key isn't enough for me to really decide.
---
Currently playing: Bastion and Shovel Knight
#13Code 51 50Posted 7/3/2014 6:07:33 PM
I suggest getting the Brown. I like them better than the Red and Blue I used to have.
---
You need only two tools in life: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.
#14iPWNtheNoobs(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 8:55:39 PM
Code 51 50 posted...
I suggest getting the Brown. I like them better than the Red and Blue I used to have.

Going to be a tough choice. I really enjoy typing (am a pretty good typer, and I love being able to type fast, and I hear with blue is best for typing). However, blue is extremely noisy, feel my family would murder me. Brown looks good all around. + I've seen some polls on switch types people like and brown and blue are always the top 2 with brown in a slight lead.

I'll have to try them out. So wait for the Corsair eh?
---
Space Waster
#15MC RaZaRPosted 7/4/2014 4:42:41 AM
You should be able to find a Ducky Shine 3 with MX Blues.

Do you reside in Canada?
---
Oh, I don't want to walk that far. Anything that takes more than 12 steps isn't worth doing! Eh? 12? Get it? Steps! Hehehe.- Homer J. Simpson
#16StopthinkPosted 7/4/2014 5:48:00 AM
I have the K70 with brown switches and I think it is really good. I think Brown is just a mix between red and blue.
#17PraetorXynPosted 7/4/2014 7:07:34 AM
If you want a Backlot keyboard that's actually worth $150+ get a Deck Legend. Ducky and Corsair both use cheap Cherry stabilizers and they don't do keycap printing that won't run off like Deck.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#18iPWNtheNoobs(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2014 10:53:44 AM
MC RaZaR posted...
You should be able to find a Ducky Shine 3 with MX Blues.

Do you reside in Canada?

I do, however if I was to buy one I would want blue back lighting too.
http://products.ncix.com/detail/ducky-dk9008-shine-3-mx-4e-87077.htm
That one is always on back order, the other colours are available.
I'll probably wait for the new corsair.
---
Space Waster
#19_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 7/4/2014 10:57:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#20KillerTrufflePosted 7/4/2014 10:59:41 AM
Wow... per-key color backlighting on that K70 is actually pretty cool. It's not on the level the Optimus would have been at, but still very useful for easily isolating hotkeys on various games...
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23