This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who here is not buying the Sims 4 now who were originally going to buy it?

#11ElDudorinoPosted 7/3/2014 8:31:09 AM
The lack of pools really annoys me on its own but it also worries me because of the underlying message.

There are only two possible reasons I can think of why pools would be omitted: one is that they want to sell them to us for more money, and the other is that it's too much work for them to add an extra three animations and code a case for a state other than walking or sitting. The former means they're being bastards, and the latter sends the message that we shouldn't expect much diversity in the game's interactions because the team is too lazy to animate them.
#12arleasPosted 7/3/2014 8:59:05 AM
It's most likely that they want to nickel and dime you for everything. They'll make pools part of a "summer fun pack" and you'll buy that along with a smattering of swimwear choices and some pool furniture for about $20.

I bought a few expansions for The Sims 2 and most of them were pretty forgettable. I think the only two I really liked were the one that let you open your own business and one that let you buy a clunker and spend time fixing it up. Oh and I guess the Sims university pack wasn't bad either since it made me actually sit down and try to get a sim through college.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png
#13pwnater777Posted 7/3/2014 9:01:39 AM
They took The Sims 3, stripped it of some very necessary components, threw in some bogus social features, and called it a "sequel".

It really should be only $20, because anything else is just overpriced. These very few new features I've seen should really just be in a Sims 3 expansion.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#14NotQuiteAFreakPosted 7/3/2014 10:06:41 AM
I personally am being cautious about the Sims 4, especially after SimCity, but so far I think the features they don't have aren't particularly deal breakers.

- Loading Screens: I think the "district" system they're trying to implement sounds a lot better than the dull open-world of Sims 3, like the Sims 2 but with more in-depth locations to explore and (Hopefully without the ridiculous loading times). Moreover the loading in Sims 3 wasn't all that terrific to begin with. In fact having just run a test around it took me 3 minutes to get into the game (With a Mod skipping the intro, though it was installed on a HDD) not to mention saving takes forever, especially on a long play. If by doing this it shortens these time frames then go I'm all for it.
- Swimming Pools: Weren't really all that interesting to use throughout the entire series, barring Sims 2 Seasons. *Swim here, now swim here, now swim here, splash, splash, drown*. Arguably their ability to drown your Sims was their only redeeming quality. I'll admit for the "House designing" portion of the community its a bit of a blow.

- Toddlers: If they expand upon the Baby stage of ageing then I don't see this being too bad of a problem at all. The combination of both stages has always annoyed, the baby stage feeling extremely lacking and the toddler stage feeling like a repetition of the baby stage, except they can now walk...

- Art Style: I hated the Sims 3 style annnnd I hate the Sims 4 style. Mainly because it just looks quite similar to the Sims 3's style, every sim still looks fat and pasty... Bleh.

- 32 bit only: Is pretty stupid.

- Create-a-style: While a lack of create-a-style would certainly taking the system in the wrong direction, create-a-style itself wasn't fantastic. It was slow (My god it was slow) and frustrating when trying to use enmasse, it wasn't particularity user friendly, and at same time felt somewhat selective in the parts you could colour and what you couldn't. A simpler system I feel could be implanted and have a similar, if not better, effect (Which I hear is being done). Though if no create-a-style system is implanted at all then it's certainly a step back.

I don't think they'll nickel and dime the Sims 4 either, it seems to me they've once again taken the SimsCity route, the "Oh we did X and Y because it'll help improve/so needs to be X and Y" then later they'll just patch in X and Y several months later and be like "oh lol, the system really could handle X and Y, we just have no idea how to produce games without looking like turd flinging monkeys".
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010
#15bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 10:10:11 AM
NotQuiteAFreak posted...
I personally am being cautious about the Sims 4, especially after SimCity, but so far I think the features they don't have aren't particularly deal breakers.

- Loading Screens: I think the "district" system they're trying to implement sounds a lot better than the dull open-world of Sims 3, like the Sims 2 but with more in-depth locations to explore and (Hopefully without the ridiculous loading times). Moreover the loading in Sims 3 wasn't all that terrific to begin with. In fact having just run a test around it took me 3 minutes to get into the game (With a Mod skipping the intro, though it was installed on a HDD) not to mention saving takes forever, especially on a long play. If by doing this it shortens these time frames then go I'm all for it.
- Swimming Pools: Weren't really all that interesting to use throughout the entire series, barring Sims 2 Seasons. *Swim here, now swim here, now swim here, splash, splash, drown*. Arguably their ability to drown your Sims was their only redeeming quality. I'll admit for the "House designing" portion of the community its a bit of a blow.

- Toddlers: If they expand upon the Baby stage of ageing then I don't see this being too bad of a problem at all. The combination of both stages has always annoyed, the baby stage feeling extremely lacking and the toddler stage feeling like a repetition of the baby stage, except they can now walk...

- Art Style: I hated the Sims 3 style annnnd I hate the Sims 4 style. Mainly because it just looks quite similar to the Sims 3's style, every sim still looks fat and pasty... Bleh.

- 32 bit only: Is pretty stupid.

- Create-a-style: While a lack of create-a-style would certainly taking the system in the wrong direction, create-a-style itself wasn't fantastic. It was slow (My god it was slow) and frustrating when trying to use enmasse, it wasn't particularity user friendly, and at same time felt somewhat selective in the parts you could colour and what you couldn't. A simpler system I feel could be implanted and have a similar, if not better, effect (Which I hear is being done). Though if no create-a-style system is implanted at all then it's certainly a step back.

I don't think they'll nickel and dime the Sims 4 either, it seems to me they've once again taken the SimsCity route, the "Oh we did X and Y because it'll help improve/so needs to be X and Y" then later they'll just patch in X and Y several months later and be like "oh lol, the system really could handle X and Y, we just have no idea how to produce games without looking like turd flinging monkeys".

More things not in the game.

Going to work with Sims
Height customization
Hair growth and animation
TS4 has three-floor limit
Hair and skin tone customization (all of hair is one color, you must choose from pre-set color options, cannot dye or highlight, skin tones are also pre-set colors)
Weather
Gradual aging
---
The 2012 E3 Watch Dogs gameplay demo was not PS4 footage. The PS4 version was never downgraded. Stop being stupid.
#16Uchiha_MicahPosted 7/3/2014 10:14:48 AM
I understand the frustration, but I won't be deciding until I see a final product.
---
"I wasn't carded. My facial hair was too powerful for the weak-willed GameStop employee" i lol'd
#17bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 10:18:45 AM
These just confirmed within the last hour:

No school lots, grocery store lots, or rabbit holes in the game.
---
The 2012 E3 Watch Dogs gameplay demo was not PS4 footage. The PS4 version was never downgraded. Stop being stupid.
#18RubMyDuckyPosted 7/3/2014 10:49:04 AM
No story progression for the ai is a real blow for me.
---
Say my name.
#19codyorrPosted 7/3/2014 11:10:59 AM
I wasn't going to get it unless they did something revolutionary. They aren't.
#20mdolla651Posted 7/3/2014 11:25:16 AM
While having it 32 bit only is odd I can see why they would make it that way. There trying to make sure that everyone can play the game. But they still could add a 64 bit exe for people that have that like me.

But either way I'm still buy it. I don't care about all they stuff they are leaving out.