This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who here is not buying the Sims 4 now who were originally going to buy it?

#21bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 12:32:13 PM
But either way I'm still buy it. I don't care about all they stuff they are leaving out.

Which is exactly why they keep taking stuff out. Because people keep buying it.
---
[Don't buy The Sims 4]
#22NotQuiteAFreakPosted 7/3/2014 2:41:51 PM
bsballa09 posted...
More things not in the game.

- Going to work with Sims

Apart from Ambitions they've never done this, why would you want this anyway especially for regular jobs? It's a terrible idea.

- Height customization

Never in any Sims games before-hand it'd probably mess with animations touch much. Sims kissing each others eyeballs and chins. They could probably do Height pre-sets, like they handled fat and fit for Sims 2, but that sounds like it'd be pretty lame...

- Hair growth and animation

Hair growth?... I'll give you animation though that's kinda silly, (I'm assuming you mean that it doesn't sway and stuff... Though in Sims 3 it never really swayed or had much animation IIRC).

- TS4 has three-floor limit

Okay that's geniunly stupid.

- Hair and skin tone customization (all of hair is one color, you must choose from pre-set color options, cannot dye or highlight, skin tones are also pre-set colors)

If there's a good range and numberof pre-sets then I don't see this being too much of an issue and I'm assuming you can still mod them in. But I suppose it is a drawback from the colours and customisation Sims 3 allowed, especially concerning hair dyes.

- Weather

They never put it in base games, EVERRRRR!!!

- Gradual aging

Again it's never been a part of the series, it was never announced or hinted at either.

bsballa09 posted...
These just confirmed within the last hour:

No school lots, grocery store lots, or rabbit holes in the game.

Good rabbit hole lots were an awful idea, maybe I can take my Sims to inside cafes (and other places) now and not just sit and stare at the bricks from outside. Hell this game is sounding more like Sims 2 by the minute. :)

P.S I don't myself plan on buying it, until I've seen it and If I do decide to get it will definitely be when it's discounted. Also judging from your last post, it seems to me you set your expectations too high. I mean you could go on listing things they didn't say they'd put in, and then consequently: They didn't put in. Like a Kung-Fu T-rex who can shoot lazers from his tiny hands. They really dropped the ball on that one.
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010
#23GynthaeresPosted 7/3/2014 2:48:16 PM
I bought Sims 3 because the open-world concept sounded (and actually was) pretty cool. Sims 4 not having that is a huge knock against it in my book.

Not that I was going to buy it anyway (so I didn't vote in the poll). Or... maybe I would have. I mean the reason I'm not getting it is because of their DLC practices. Pools and toddlers were just nails in the coffin, so to speak. Perfect examples of why I'm not supporting the Sims series anymore. At least, not until I can get a compilation of the best expansions for a low price.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#24mdolla651Posted 7/3/2014 2:50:14 PM
bsballa09 posted...
But either way I'm still buy it. I don't care about all they stuff they are leaving out.

Which is exactly why they keep taking stuff out. Because people keep buying it.

It's because I DON'T CARE! I play games to enjoy them. It's DOESN'T BOTHER me that they removed things. I never said it was super awesome that they did and I never said it was super duper bad that they didn't. I've been playing The Sims for 14 years in that time i've LEARNED to except what they add and take out. If you don't like it then don't buy it plain and simple. That's your choice. But making other people suffer cause you can't get what you want is ridiculous.