This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Still looking for game suggestions/reasons to go pc next gen

#1stalemate_666Posted 7/2/2014 5:30:45 PM
So kinda sick of the big three so thinking about pc like I mentioned in last thread, took awhile but I got some suggestions for games (nobody really gave me any reasons to get gaming pc besides games I can play already on my laptop already)

Anyways here's what I got so far as for games for pc

Plan to get

Titan Quest
Amnesia the dark descent
Bastion

Maybes

Torchlight 2
DayZ
Hearthstone
Cataclysm DDA
Jagged Alliance 2
Divinity

As for types of games I'm looking for, something like dungeon keeper would be great, a space ship combat game haven't even heard of a decent one in years, preferably something with multiple mission types and customizable ship/ships, adventure, turn based strategy games like X-com

also here's my ps3 trophy list to help you get an idea of what other games like I like.

http://psnprofiles.com/stalemate666

Please no multiplats, if I can get it on ps3 or even ps4/xbone don't list it. Older games are fine I plan to play anything I like and can find at decent price on my laptop and if I find enough reasons to get a gaming pc later down the line.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#2stalemate_666(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 9:44:12 PM
Anyone?
---
#3DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/2/2014 9:48:30 PM
Why don't you want to play multiplats on PC? They'll look and run better, if not immediately, then in the future, and you won't have to pay a dime to get the "definitive" version when the next set of consoles come out because you'll already have it.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#4jedinatPosted 7/2/2014 9:50:29 PM
FTL might satisfy your ship combat itch, but you could probably play it on your laptop...

Anyways, I'm lazy so I googled this: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-discussion-1000004/big-pc-exclusives-of-2014-and-2015-version-3-0-upd-31154099/
#5stalemate_666(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 9:56:08 PM(edited)
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Why don't you want to play multiplats on PC? They'll look and run better, if not immediately, then in the future, and you won't have to pay a dime to get the "definitive" version when the next set of consoles come out because you'll already have it.

It's not really me not wanting to play them on pc, it's just me not wanting people to recommend them since I already know about them.
---
#6Hypertext_EyePosted 7/2/2014 10:00:22 PM
Well you've said no multiplat titles. That basically leaves some indie games, MMOs, MOBAs, and CCGs. Any modern laptop should be able to play most indie games well enough.

Anyway I think you're looking at this the wrong way. Multiplat games are always better on PC. You're saying "if I can get it on console I don't want it on PC." But you're settling for a lesser experience. Really, you should be saying "If I can get it on PC I don't want it on a console."
#7stalemate_666(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 10:13:49 PM(edited)
Hypertext_Eye posted...
Well you've said no multiplat titles. That basically leaves some indie games, MMOs, MOBAs, and CCGs. Any modern laptop should be able to play most indie games well enough.

Anyway I think you're looking at this the wrong way. Multiplat games are always better on PC. You're saying "if I can get it on console I don't want it on PC." But you're settling for a lesser experience. Really, you should be saying "If I can get it on PC I don't want it on a console."

No I'm saying if I can get it on console it's not a reason to get a gaming pc, if I already had a gaming pc then I would get it for pc. If there aren't any games that I need a gaming pc to play I'm not going to buy a gaming pc, it's as simple as that, I find it hard to believe that better looking multiplats is the only reason to get a gaming pc but this board is definitely giving me that impression.
---
#8Hypertext_EyePosted 7/2/2014 10:16:44 PM
jedinat posted...
FTL might satisfy your ship combat itch, but you could probably play it on your laptop...

Anyways, I'm lazy so I googled this: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-discussion-1000004/big-pc-exclusives-of-2014-and-2015-version-3-0-upd-31154099/

TC, did you look at this link at all?
#9good_mangorushPosted 7/2/2014 10:17:26 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/225640/

Get this now while cheap.
---
I am proud to be weeaboo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQKheh_T0ho
#10Dark_SpiretPosted 7/2/2014 10:42:20 PM
Divinity Original Sin
Shadowrun Returns+DLC
Age of Wonders III
The Banner Saga