This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Done with PC gaming forever

#31DarKxReckoninGPosted 7/2/2014 7:41:20 PM
roytecx posted...
All i'm gonna say is, good luck with the constant firmware updates...

Oh god, constant firmware updates??

Does this guy realize PC has more *updates* than any other gaming platform?
---
Xbox Live GT : DarKxReckoninG
#32DarKxReckoninGPosted 7/2/2014 7:42:34 PM
King_of_Swag posted...
fatali posted...
This reminds me that my PS4 got the blue light of death 10 minutes after I plugged it in for the first time, and how common it was for that first firmware update to go wrong.

Also how my 360 got the RROD and how the hard drive died, taking all my saves with it. Because screw you, you can't backup saves.

Yep, good times.

I've never had a console go bad on me except the 360. MS doesn't know how to make hardware.
Also, failure rate on early PS4s was 0.4%. The average failure rate for electronics is 5% sooo

The life cycle of both new gen consoles is to young to judge an average failure rate. Maybe out of box but that was low last gen too.
---
#33arleasPosted 7/2/2014 7:43:49 PM
Everyone recognizes he's a poor trolling attempt, but still responds as if he's a good troll.

Thread should have ended here:
r7gerrabbit posted...
K

That's still almost more attention than he deserved.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png
#34DarKxReckoninGPosted 7/2/2014 7:44:29 PM
arleas posted...
Everyone recognizes he's a poor trolling attempt, but still responds as if he's a good troll.

Thread should have ended here:
r7gerrabbit posted...
K

That's still almost more attention than he deserved.

K
---
#35DiviDudePosted 7/2/2014 7:46:07 PM
I like to eat

eat

eat

eeples and baneeneees

I like to oot

oot

oot

ooples and boonoonoooooos
#36MarikhenPosted 7/2/2014 7:47:19 PM
CommonJoe posted...
Unless your computer is 20 years old or you're playing one of the few games that actually require a fairly up-to-date computer, you literally can just pop a game in, let it install, and play. At worst, you have to manually select the correct resolution.

Don't forget trying to run older games like Morrowind, new games on old engines like Forsaken World and Grim Dawn, and new games developed to run on a single core system for some reason like the Torchlight games. You can feasibly have a multi-core CPU decent enough to play most modern titles at at least Medium settings that will chug on these single-core limited titles due purely to having low per core performance. Grim Dawn, for example, doesn't actually look significantly better than the Van Helsing games (freely admitting I haven't touched the first one in months though) but chugs along at 30 FPS in many outdoor areas while Van Helsing regularly ran at 60 FPS on my machine.

It does remain as fact, however, that if you have something equal to or better than a Phenom II quad-core CPU running at around 3 GHz along with, again equal to or better than, an HD6870 graphics card the number of games that will significantly, and legitimately (legitimately being defined as the game supports multi-core CPUs), tank on your system probably won't get into the triple digits, even with settings at or near maximum.
---
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
#37CommonJoePosted 7/2/2014 7:50:09 PM
Point is though that the 30fps area is in fact playable, and quite achievable in most games on most systems. If you're willing to deal with it on a console, you're willing to deal with it on a computer, so the only issue becomes that installation point, which is nothing.
---
Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2. Lets revitalize this game eh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FUge6ghaIo&hd=1
#38HappyHippo04Posted 7/2/2014 7:50:17 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#39andy12handyPosted 7/2/2014 7:50:37 PM
So anyone here in the states doing anything on the 4th?

After I'm done with visits I'll probably sit down and do a good few hours of starcraft.
#40samuraigaidenPosted 7/2/2014 7:53:07 PM
Watch Dogs is a bad game and a bad PC port. Go play something good instead, TC.