This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this a good PC case? Please respond

#1foxyReyokoPosted 7/2/2014 6:32:47 PM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854001&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10440897&PID=5961731&SID=0
---
METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN [TBA]
spend more time naked in change room than actually lifting
#2ivanderlandPosted 7/2/2014 6:43:15 PM
It'll work, if that's what your asking. It is a full atx case, so it won't be small by any means. As long as you're cool with it and you can't find anything better for cheaper.
#3foxyReyoko(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 8:05:54 PM
ivanderland posted...
It'll work, if that's what your asking. It is a full atx case, so it won't be small by any means. As long as you're cool with it and you can't find anything better for cheaper.

What would you recommend? How do you know it's big?
---
#4LvthnPosted 7/2/2014 8:29:07 PM
foxyReyoko posted...
ivanderland posted...

It's a full tower, did you look at the specs?

If you actually have any need for a full tower, I recommend this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119225&cm_re=haf_x-_-11-119-225-_-Product

If you don't need a full tower (and from the sound of it, you don't know what that is, so probably you don't), I'd advise sticking to mids. Full towers are gigantic and generally expensive, they're made for high end builds using multiple GPUs and/or liquid cooling so as to have enough room to accomodate all that and still have adequate airflow.
#5foxyReyoko(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 8:34:38 PM
Lvthn posted...
foxyReyoko posted...
ivanderland posted...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119225&cm_re=haf_x-_-11-119-225-_-Product

If you don't need a full tower (and from the sound of it, you don't know what that is, so probably you don't), I'd advise sticking to mids. Full towers are gigantic and generally expensive, they're made for high end builds using multiple GPUs and/or liquid cooling so as to have enough room to accomodate all that and still have adequate airflow.

Ah I see, thanks. I guess I don't need a full tower because I'm not gonna be doing liquid cooling or multi-GPU's.

But the main reason I liked it because it looked good. I like the classy modern look it had and the glass side. Thanks for the link. Do you know any more good ones?
---
#6LvthnPosted 7/2/2014 8:39:48 PM
foxyReyoko posted...
Lvthn posted...
foxyReyoko posted...
ivanderland posted...

Ah I see, thanks. I guess I don't need a full tower because I'm not gonna be doing liquid cooling or multi-GPU's.

But the main reason I liked it because it looked good. I like the classy modern look it had and the glass side. Thanks for the link. Do you know any more good ones?

...what kind of build are you doing? What case you need pretty much depends entirely on what you plan to put in it. For one, the case has to accomodate the motherboard (ATX, eATX, mini ATX, etc), has to accomodate whatever GPU you get (namely, if you get a lengthy video card you'll need a case that can fit it comfortably, most cases will state GPU clearance and video cards will give dimensions), and of course fit whatever cooling you plan to use (the CPU heatsink, for one).

Windowed sides are optional on a lot of cases. On full towers and some mids, there's room for a window and a side fan, but many sacrifice the side fan for a window, so keep that in mind.
#7link510Posted 7/2/2014 8:40:49 PM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146148&cm_re=h440-_-11-146-148-_-Product

This is pretty classy.
#8foxyReyoko(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 9:03:01 PM
link510 posted...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146148&cm_re=h440-_-11-146-148-_-Product

This is pretty classy.

oooh.. but I want a black case!

Lvthn posted...

...what kind of build are you doing? What case you need pretty much depends entirely on what you plan to put in it. For one, the case has to accomodate the motherboard (ATX, eATX, mini ATX, etc), has to accomodate whatever GPU you get (namely, if you get a lengthy video card you'll need a case that can fit it comfortably, most cases will state GPU clearance and video cards will give dimensions), and of course fit whatever cooling you plan to use (the CPU heatsink, for one).

Windowed sides are optional on a lot of cases. On full towers and some mids, there's room for a window and a side fan, but many sacrifice the side fan for a window, so keep that in mind.

A gaming rig, best I can make with a single GPU because I'm gonna use it for my Oculus Rift DK2.

Thinking of getting the GeForce GTX780, some i5 processor and I have no idea about the motherboard.... which kind should I get? And how would I know what's compatible with what case. I didn't even know about all this.
---
#9mrtywerPosted 7/2/2014 9:07:10 PM
foxyReyoko posted...
link510 posted...

This is pretty classy.

oooh.. but I want a black case!

Lvthn posted...

A gaming rig, best I can make with a single GPU because I'm gonna use it for my Oculus Rift DK2.

Thinking of getting the GeForce GTX780, some i5 processor and I have no idea about the motherboard.... which kind should I get? And how would I know what's compatible with what case. I didn't even know about all this.

Read the sticky at the top of this board. Great jumping off point.
---
MSI H87-G43 | Intel Core i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8G Gskill Ripjaws X @ 1600 | Sapphire Radeon R7 260x
#10mccue166Posted 7/2/2014 9:23:32 PM
There's a black and red, black and blue, black and green, black and orange H440 as well. And the kind of motherboard you need depends on the kind of i5 you get. Do you want to overclock?
---
4770k@4.5, Hyper 212+, 16gb 2133 Corsair Dominator, EVGA 780@1100 core/1600 memory, 250gb EVO, 4tb Western Digital Red, Asus Z87m-Plus, AX860,