This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to fix .dll file errors?

#1Lord_VaderPosted 7/2/2014 8:13:20 PM
I just got the death adder 2013 mouse. When I try to start up the driver program for the mouse, I get an error saying that the program can't start because HID.DLL is missing from my computer. When I checked system32, the file was there. I used scannow/sfc and that fixed some DLL files but for some reason it couldn't fix 10 of them, including HID.DLL. Anyone know how you fix these sorts of files? I've been warned not to use the DLL-files fixer software because it apparently has malware.
---
Live long and prosper.
#2HydroCannabinolPosted 7/2/2014 8:23:27 PM
Windows repair disc.
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#3Lord_Vader(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 8:35:12 PM
I tried Windows repair. Thing is I don't have a disk. I downloaded Windows 8 from online.
---
Live long and prosper.
#4Lord_Vader(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 5:31:47 AM
bump
---
Live long and prosper.
#5SinisterSlayPosted 7/3/2014 5:33:33 AM
regsvr32 C:\windows\system32\hid.dll
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#6Lord_Vader(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 6:00:45 AM
SinisterSlay posted...

"The module C:\windows\system32\hid.dll was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found. Make sure that C:\windows\system32\hid.dll is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.
---
Live long and prosper.
#7SinisterSlayPosted 7/3/2014 6:07:11 AM
Lord_Vader posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

"The module C:\windows\system32\hid.dll was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found. Make sure that C:\windows\system32\hid.dll is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.

That means it doesn't require registration.

Have you tried grabbing a fresh copy off your windows CD? It's usually hidden in a CAB file.

You can also copy that DLL to the location of the exe of the program your trying to run.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#8Lord_Vader(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 6:41:11 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Lord_Vader posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Have you tried grabbing a fresh copy off your windows CD? It's usually hidden in a CAB file.

You can also copy that DLL to the location of the exe of the program your trying to run.

I didn't get a Windows CD to install Windows 8. I just downloaded it.

Putting it in the folder of the program does nothing. Should I just use this page to download the file and replace it in system 32? (http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?hid)

I would back up the original of course.
---
Live long and prosper.
#9SinisterSlayPosted 7/3/2014 6:50:47 AM
Lord_Vader posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Lord_Vader posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

I didn't get a Windows CD to install Windows 8. I just downloaded it.

Putting it in the folder of the program does nothing. Should I just use this page to download the file and replace it in system 32? (http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?hid)

I would back up the original of course.

Grab it and compare the two, check file size, version, etc.
---
#10dunkisPosted 7/3/2014 7:37:46 AM
While I don't know if it'll fix your error, seeing how you ran SFC /scannow with trouble, let me just suggest you enter this command: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
---
NNID: TheDunc