This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to fix .dll file errors?

#11Lord_Vader(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 10:49:54 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Grab it and compare the two, check file size, version, etc.

They're different sizes. Replacing the hid.dll file didn't fix the problem. I don't get the hid.dll error popup anymore but the program still won't launch. If I click on the .exe for the mouse driver program, the mouse cursor will change 2 times like it's doing something and then nothing happens. The icon for the driver program shows up in the icon bar but if I roll my cursor over it, the icon disappears. Funny enough a few other people seem to be having the same problem with this program: http://www.gearhack.com/Forums/DisplayComments.php?file=Computer/Games/Razer_Synapse_2.0_Won.t_Launch

dunkis posted...
While I don't know if it'll fix your error, seeing how you ran SFC /scannow with trouble, let me just suggest you enter this command: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Didn't work. I get a message saying that the /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth option is unknown.
---
Live long and prosper.
#12Lord_Vader(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 1:44:56 PM
bump. Gonna give up on this since nothing seems to be working.
---
Live long and prosper.
#13Lord_Vader(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 2:41:17 PM
Hmm it seems that there are other .dll files that are corrupted. I haven't been able to use google chrome for a while. Whenever I click on the application, the mouse cursor will load for a few seconds but the window pops up. It seems that it's due to a .dll file because the debug file says this:

[0703/171506:ERROR:client_util.cc(259)] Failed to load Chrome DLL from C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\35.0.1916.153\chrome.dll: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
---
Live long and prosper.