This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it bad to sleep in the same room your computer is in?

#21InterfusorPosted 7/3/2014 2:15:44 AM
Without pictures of your mom it's impossible to say.
---
I am not economically viable.
#22Sc24lifePosted 7/3/2014 2:46:03 AM
Kavenry posted...
Even small amounts of light can noticeably impact your sleep quality; being exposed to blue light (super white, not warm) before bed is also bad for sleep quality.

Other than that, psychological associations are affected. Your mind will associate your bedroom with sleep (good) and playing on your computer (bad, when mixed with the sleep association).

However there are no direct negative repercussions I can think of, and the 2 things above are not terrible by any means... I am 25 years old, reasonably succesful , and have had a gaming computer in my bedroom since 17.

Hope that helps with your question.

I found f.lux helps a lot with this
---
I doubt Heaven has Twitter. Hell probably does though...
- Dragon Nexus
#23TimePharaohPosted 7/3/2014 3:10:26 AM
80% chance of radiation poisoning
#24SneakiestNegPosted 7/3/2014 4:13:09 AM
What?! Does it abuse you while you sleep?
#25Master_BassPosted 7/3/2014 4:37:48 AM
No, but if you have bright blue lights coming from your computer that could reduce your melatonin levels. That could make it harder to sleep.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#26Kerr AvonPosted 7/3/2014 5:00:58 AM
Being in the same room with a a PC is perfectly safe, apart from extreme cases, such as if you fall and put your head through the monitor screen, or the PC falls onto your foot, etc.

However, PCs do generate a fair amount of heat, especially if it's a gaming PC, so if you leave it on overnight, and it's a warm night anyway, then you might find the heat output from the PC uncomfortable. But the PC doesn't output harmful radiation at all, none of it's components do.

Actually, one time where the PC in your room might be harmful is if you get too addicted to a game (or 'net surfing, Skype, or whatever, and it causes you to lose sleep from using the PC too much. But the PC itself can't harm you - trust me, I work in a room full of PCs all day, and both my desktops are in my bedroom (I need two as one is used for testing parts when I'm fixing someone's PC), and one is often on all night even when I sleep.
---
I'm a PC and console gamer - I love good games, regardless of their host system.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/
#27ShubPosted 7/3/2014 5:04:59 AM
Those lights inside your computer? I hope they're not blue. If they're blue, it's actually Cherenkov radiation.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#28SpazH3dPosted 7/3/2014 5:06:52 AM
Kerr Avon posted...
Being in the same room with a a PC is perfectly safe, apart from extreme cases, such as if you fall and put your head through the monitor screen, or the PC falls onto your foot, etc.

However, PCs do generate a fair amount of heat, especially if it's a gaming PC, so if you leave it on overnight, and it's a warm night anyway, then you might find the heat output from the PC uncomfortable. But the PC doesn't output harmful radiation at all, none of it's components do.

Actually, one time where the PC in your room might be harmful is if you get too addicted to a game (or 'net surfing, Skype, or whatever, and it causes you to lose sleep from using the PC too much. But the PC itself can't harm you - trust me, I work in a room full of PCs all day, and both my desktops are in my bedroom (I need two as one is used for testing parts when I'm fixing someone's PC), and one is often on all night even when I sleep.

How can we know that you haven't mutated or developed any odd quirks while being EXPOSED to your PCs? Eeeh? I bet you're full of tumors and pray to the fallen god daily/nightly!
---
- My vision is augmented
#29smelly_boobPosted 7/3/2014 10:23:41 AM
makes self gaming a lot more convenient ... especially in the morning
#30Killah PriestPosted 7/3/2014 10:51:59 AM
When I moved I moved all of my electronics from my bedroom to its own room.

I've been sleeping a lot better. It also makes me less likely to just toss on the TV or something when I can't sleep because I have to actually get up and go into a different room.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.