This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who else ISN'T excited for Dragon Age Inquisition?

#110cu_87Posted 7/3/2014 2:23:00 AM
I'm not excited.

Their statement to "get back to the roots" is something I don't believe. There's still EA behind it.
#12TrueFinalePosted 7/3/2014 2:25:38 AM
0cu_87 posted...
I'm not excited.

Their statement to "get back to the roots" is something I don't believe. There's still EA behind it.

---
3DS: TrueFinale 1306-5797-9815 | Feel free to add me
Steam: TrueFinale | GamerTag/PSN: XTrueFinale
#13EvilCactusPosted 7/3/2014 2:41:23 AM
I don't think anyone who has played an actual RPG can be excited for a post-2010 Bioware game. That company is just a caricature of its former self. This is a year where you have Divinity Original Sin, Wasteland 2, and Pillars of Eternity coming out. Three legit RPGs from three veteran studios more competent than Bioware. Plus there are semi-RPGs like Transistor, South Park, and Child Light that are better written and better designed than anything Bioware has come out with the past 3 years.

It says a lot about the company when the PS4 forum is flooded with topics like "OMG Dragon Age 3 is gonna be so epic with dragons and Freddie Prinze Jr and epic zombies!"
---
sig here
#14NintendoFan81Posted 7/3/2014 2:44:56 AM
I'm not excited for Inquisition or any sequel for that matter. Gaming today is sequels, ports and remakes for the most part. Original ideas (with very few exceptions) are ignored or just pushed aside once the newest game comes out. I blame the industry: so much is coming out these days, many sales, etc. But anyway...

I still need to attempt the Origins again.. I forget why I gave up on it.

I doubt I will get 2. Sequels (for the most part) are horrid and I havent heard a ton of good things to make me think DA 2 is any better.
#15Haley Joel OsmentPosted 7/3/2014 2:48:27 AM
Couldn't care less about it. The original Dragon Age had a boring plot, dull characters and a generic fantasy setting, but at least the combat was decent. Then they ruined the combat in the sequel to try and make it appeal to the Cowadoody crowd. From what little I've seen and read about Inquisition they seem to be going even further in that direction, turning it into more of an action RPG rather than getting back to the original's strengths.

I would say I'd see how it reviews before making a decision, but then Dragon Age 2 was 10/10 GAME OF THE YEAR AWESOME FTW BUY TODAY!!! according to most garme jurnalizts, meaning they're either ****ing idiots or very well paid. I know which I believe.

---
I see dead people.
#16MynachranPosted 7/3/2014 2:49:15 AM
SirLezdain posted...
DA2 left such a rotten taste in my mouth it's killed whatever love I had for the former and the series in general. Let's face it, the Bioware of today is only a shadow of what it once was

My thoughts exactly. If this was a new IP completely disconnected from DA, I'd be interested I suppose. The lack of what I consider to be continuity in the series is my main issue.

- Different Protagonist each game
- Goes from Darkspawn theme to Mage vs Templar theme
- Characters coming back to life even though they were killed in previous installments

I think they should stop with trilogies and only do them if / when they have the story set in stone instead of flying all over the place. If I'm not mistaken this was the case for both Mass Effect and Dragon Age when they started out, correct me if I'm wrong though.
#17iXCeeDPosted 7/3/2014 2:51:37 AM
Ha so much hate for EA, guess im okay unless they screw up Dead Space oh wait they already did.
---
"Your Right Hand comes off?" - Leon S. Kennedy
#18NemerlightPosted 7/3/2014 2:57:09 AM
I like RPGs with party system so will be getting this day 1 for sure. They dont make games like that anymore sadly.
---
Miami Heat not champions of 2014.
http://i.imgur.com/m52Q7Rt.gif
#19iXCeeDPosted 7/3/2014 3:01:32 AM
And again it all boils down to personal preferences.
---
"Your Right Hand comes off?" - Leon S. Kennedy
#20Golden_GonadsPosted 7/3/2014 3:08:13 AM
I'm not excited for it, but I will pick it up one day.