This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who else ISN'T excited for Dragon Age Inquisition?

#101steveboblarryPosted 7/3/2014 9:40:10 AM
SirLezdain posted...
Yeah, what happened to the Blight and the darkspawn? This is supposed to be the Dragon Age when all of this crap goes down, the underlying motif that ties together the series, but instead it has been swapped for the incredibly boring Templar vs Mage conflict. They've gone out of their way to demonize the templars as ravening bigots and have us sympathize with the mages, but from everything I've seen in the series, as vicious and prejudiced as the templar are, they're right: the mages are extremely dangerous. Every mage in the series either has dark ulterior motives or devolves into insane blood mage (whose powers don't even seem all that incredible) the second they're left off the leash.

Someone else also mentioned the off-putting lack of continuity and I complete agree. What happened to the previous two protagonists, the side characters? Did they just disappear? What a cynical series this has become, made by people with no artistic integrity who only have love for money.

Well the game is not even out yet., how are we suppose to know what has happened to Warden, and Hawke? its been heavily hinted by Bioware they will be in the game of course.
---
IceJFish is the next drake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq_d8VSM0nw
#102Bane766Posted 7/3/2014 9:56:34 AM
Loved DA:O. I hated DA:2. I won't be touching DA:I.

Both DA:2 and ME3 were huge disappointments to me-so I won't be playing anything else with these franchises or, hell, prob anything Bioware.
---
Douleur Peur Mort
#103DTM847Posted 7/3/2014 10:00:12 AM
I certainly won't be buying it day 1, but I'm loosely following development. I am actually playing through DA2 right now and I find it about equally enjoyable as DA:O. For every flaw that was fixed in the sequel, a new one emerged. I prefer a fully-voiced MC instead of a lifeless puppet. Many of the decisions in DA:O were morally ambiguous with all of the responses often saying the same thing and NPC reactions differing very little. On the other hand, after the 10th visit to each of the 5 dungeons, I am getting a little bored of DA2's scenery. I actually like the way the story is broken into chapters and narrated by Varric, but it seems like outside of a few main story events most of the game is kind of random, often nonsensical side quests.

There are a lot of parallels in the game-to-game changes of ME and DA. For me, Mass Effect is far and away the superior series, each entry being about equal quality for its own reasons, and when put together form the greatest video game experience I've ever had. So I am skeptical but very hopeful that DA:I is at least "pretty good". If it's better than DA2, I am confident that the next Mass Effect will be fantastic.
---
"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong." - Mordin Solus
PSN ID: Danimals847 | Steam ID: Danimals847
#104SonyHoundDawgPosted 7/3/2014 10:13:54 AM
Not really excited cause its its 3 months away and I have plenty of other games to enjoy in the mean time. I'll be excited like last week of september maybe
#105Game-XpertPosted 7/3/2014 10:32:24 AM
Im somewhat excited but im going to wait to see how this game turned out on release.
---
3DS/PC/PS3
#106PyjamaHeroPosted 7/3/2014 10:40:20 AM
I'm so glad developers don't visit this site. They might make decisions based on the opinions expressed here.
---
"But I am I. And I won't subordinate my taste to the unanimous judgment of mankind."
View contact info for ALL systems in my user profile.
#107SnowxNeverLeftPosted 7/3/2014 10:50:34 AM(edited)
SirLezdain posted...
Yeah, what happened to the Blight and the darkspawn? This is supposed to be the Dragon Age when all of this crap goes down, the underlying motif that ties together the series, but instead it has been swapped for the incredibly boring Templar vs Mage conflict.

Blight : Dragon Age Origins = Geth : Mass Effect 1.
Magic : Dragon Age (series) = Reapers : Mass Effect (series).
The Blight was never intended to be the main focus of the series, it's magic screwing over Thedas.
The Mages vs Templar conflict wasn't "boring" since it brings up a grey/grey morality conflict where neither side is fully guilty or innocent. DA2 opened the doors to the real plot of the series; Origins, like its very name implies, is just a prelude to the whole thing.

DAO's plot is a complete ripoff of ME's plot: "Gather an army to face the Eldritch Abomination and its minions, but first you need to get involved in their petty political issues and solve them. Multiple genocides optional".
#108AlexTheNextOnePosted 7/3/2014 10:48:49 AM
Me.
#109Golden_GonadsPosted 7/3/2014 11:13:38 AM
SnowxNeverLeft posted...

DAO's plot is a complete ripoff of ME's plot: "Gather an army to face the Eldritch Abomination and its minions, but first you need to get involved in their petty political issues and solve them. Multiple genocides optional".

... Except that ME's plot is to track down Saren before magically catching up with him even though he had a headstart of months. If you are referring to ME3, that came out years AFTER DA:O, and so ME3 actually rips off Dragon Age.
#110SpazH3dPosted 7/3/2014 11:15:45 AM
SnowxNeverLeft posted...

Guess what. http://www.gatheryourparty.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/BioWare20Cliche20Chart.png
---
- My vision is augmented