This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who else ISN'T excited for Dragon Age Inquisition?

#111InNox534Posted 7/3/2014 12:16:26 PM
I'm hyped.

EA can do no wrong.
#112xanadooPosted 7/3/2014 12:18:25 PM
won't touch it, thank you EA. The label functions as a warning.
#113Monolith1676Posted 7/3/2014 12:29:05 PM
DA:I could quite possibly be this generations Big Rigs:OTRR.
---
XBOX Live GT: For Blood
Gears of War 1 Assassination Legend
#114XicarahPosted 7/3/2014 12:31:14 PM
SirLezdain posted...
Yeah, what happened to the Blight and the darkspawn? This is supposed to be the Dragon Age when all of this crap goes down, the underlying motif that ties together the series, but instead it has been swapped for the incredibly boring Templar vs Mage conflict. They've gone out of their way to demonize the templars as ravening bigots and have us sympathize with the mages, but from everything I've seen in the series, as vicious and prejudiced as the templar are, they're right: the mages are extremely dangerous. Every mage in the series either has dark ulterior motives or devolves into insane blood mage (whose powers don't even seem all that incredible) the second they're left off the leash.

Someone else also mentioned the off-putting lack of continuity and I complete agree. What happened to the previous two protagonists, the side characters? Did they just disappear? What a cynical series this has become, made by people with no artistic integrity who only have love for money.

Yeah, that I don't agree with. Not once in any interview (at least as far as I can tell) does any of the devs say that the darkspawn were the main focus of the series. The "Magic is dangerous" thing has actually been in the world since the beginning. The darkspawn were only made after MAGES decided to try to go to the Golden City, which the rest of the world has been dealing with ever since, i.e. darkspawn. And even that I doubt will be the main focus for DA:I.
Personally I loved DA:O finished it once on the Xbox, but had to lose my progress when I went to the PS3 which is after I played and finished DA2 a couple times. Going back to DA:O's style of combat was rather difficult at first but after some time I got used to it, but still didn't like it. DA2's combat while more simple wasn't as easy as people say: "Duh just mash buttons and you win". No just no, that doesn't even work in the prologue. Yeah DA2 had some problems but the characters, the story, and the combat wasn't one for me. And as for ME3 which is in my opinion the best in the trilogy, the only problem I had was the ending which wasn't that major if you think about it. The combat was miles ahead of 2 and even further then 1. The character development for Shepard was better, you could see the toll it was taking on him, and the rest of the characters you could see how they ended up.
But back on topic: Yes I am excited. Will I be buying new? Yes. Day 1? Yes. Preorder? Probably considering that lately Bioware has gotten into the pattern of releasing good content for people who do i.e. Cerberus Armor, Black Hole Armor and gun, Dog and that shop where you could get great items, and Javik.
---
"Life is but a passing dream, but the death that follows is eternal." Seymour Guado
#115garanPosted 7/3/2014 12:35:45 PM
I'm not excited because Bioware seems to be going out of their way to stop appealing to their former fanbase with pretty much every decision they've made in the last 3-4 year.

I'd kinda like to be though because I loved DA:O. Then, I hear the developers talk about DA:I and I just feel like a wilted flower being stepped on.
#116cymanxPosted 7/3/2014 12:57:03 PM
Monolith1676 posted...

Okay first of all, what made Big Rigs so bad were the badly designed mechanics. Atleast Dragon Age 2 was stable, the only thing I hated about it that made it so bad was the dreadful plot. You have no idea how furious I was to find out how much of a waste it was even BOTHERING to choose sides.
---
Oh crap, I lost 3 Karma... Whatever will I do? I guess it truly is the end of the world..."
#117happyscrub1Posted 7/3/2014 1:16:23 PM
DA;O is extremely overrated. I think it gets so much love because maybe it was a lot of people's 1st real RPG.

DA:2 was a better game. Sure it lacked envirorments, but the combat and skill tree's was WAYYYYYYY better than DA:O. DA:O was some unbalanced trash.

DA:O had a better story... but because both of their stories ain't really that super, that's not much of a bonus for Origins.

With the improvements DA:2 did to the series, I can't wait to see DA:3
---
Combo breaker!!!!!!!!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/110210424@N05/14385270766/
#118Monolith1676Posted 7/3/2014 1:44:20 PM
cymanx posted...
Monolith1676 posted...

Okay first of all, what made Big Rigs so bad were the badly designed mechanics. Atleast Dragon Age 2 was stable, the only thing I hated about it that made it so bad was the dreadful plot. You have no idea how furious I was to find out how much of a waste it was even BOTHERING to choose sides.

Just go into every game you play thinking it will be as bad as Big Rigs and you will never be disappointed again.
---
XBOX Live GT: For Blood
Gears of War 1 Assassination Legend
#119SnowxNeverLeftPosted 7/3/2014 2:03:28 PM(edited)
cymanx posted...
Monolith1676 posted...

I don't see anything wrong with DA2's plot.
If your argument against it is "your choices don't matter in the end", honestly, what did you expect from a mid-series game?
The instant you bought the game you knew that it wasn't the end of the series and the next DA had to start from somewhere for everyone.
Enjoy the story for what it is, and don't expect a level of complexity we don't have yet.

Then again I prefer character-focused plots over world-focused ones, so I guess I enjoyed DA2 over DAO mainly for this reason. I mean aside from Morrigan, Alistair and Leliana DAO had no interesting characters and its plot was the standard WRPG stuff (ancient menace comes back -> gather allies -> defeat the menace).
#120Golden_GonadsPosted 7/3/2014 3:21:58 PM
cymanx posted...
At least Dragon Age 2 was stable, the only thing I hated about it that made it so bad was the dreadful plot. You have no idea how furious I was to find out how much of a waste it was even BOTHERING to choose sides.

For me it was the unlikable party characters. The only one I liked was the narrating Dwarf all the others I'd have much rather have not even seen. Sadly, I'm a completionist, and so felt I 'had' to put up with their storylines... That said, I never did actually complete the game. I got to a point a little over three-quarters distance into it and just... Gave up. Moved on to other games, and (thankfully) forgot all about it. That said, I will go back to it one day... Whether I want to or not.