This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who else ISN'T excited for Dragon Age Inquisition?

#71ZephyriuumPosted 7/3/2014 7:46:06 AM(edited)
0cu_87 posted...
Zephyriuum posted...
I feel like I'm the only person on Earth who hated DA:O and loved DA2...

You're not into RPGs then.

I am. The thing most people dislike are the changes. I played DA2 first, so I found DA:O too slow.
---
"I swear, by my sword and capote, that once again I shall prove victorious!" - Fiend, El Matador.
#72MisguidedPiratePosted 7/3/2014 7:32:02 AM
cymanx posted...
dekou posted...
I see absolutely no reason to be excited for it. It'll most likely end up being a Modern BioWare RPG, meaning a fanfic-quality story, poor combat, linear map design and lots of bad sexual content. With so many promising RPGs coming out, why would anyone want to play the RPG equivalent of a Michael Bay movie?

Is it bad that I actually liked the first transformers movie over dragon age 2?

For almost any other game, yes.

For DA2? Not at all.
---
XBL : Crossbit
#73DarthSchubertPosted 7/3/2014 7:33:36 AM
Also don't really care about it. I picked up DA2 on release date and mildly enjoyed it, but it seems to follow Bioware and EAs recent path of action-ing up, and making more shallow their RPGs. If it follows the same trajectory as say Mass Effect, I won't even enjoy it enough to finish it.

No thanks.
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."
#74i8g4wlPosted 7/3/2014 7:34:34 AM
MisguidedPirate posted...
cymanx posted...
dekou posted...
I see absolutely no reason to be excited for it. It'll most likely end up being a Modern BioWare RPG, meaning a fanfic-quality story, poor combat, linear map design and lots of bad sexual content. With so many promising RPGs coming out, why would anyone want to play the RPG equivalent of a Michael Bay movie?

Is it bad that I actually liked the first transformers movie over dragon age 2?

For almost any other game, yes.

For DA2? Not at all.

Lol, that's right as at least you can sleep while Transformers continue when you have to stay awake for DA2 to be finished.
#75KaiserChadPosted 7/3/2014 7:52:09 AM
I loved DA:II more than Origins.

Probably gonna get the Inquisitor's Edition.
#76SnowxNeverLeftPosted 7/3/2014 7:57:43 AM
The only good things about DAO were Morrigan, Alistair and Leliana. Full stop.
DA2 gave us an actual protagonist rather than a generic avatar with no voice and personality, a much more fluid combat system, actual moral choices (DAO was way too black-and-white to count), got rid of all those little annoyances DAO was full of and had much better humor. I can't fathom how anyone could like the first game over DA2.
#77SinisterSlayPosted 7/3/2014 7:58:37 AM
SnowxNeverLeft posted...
The only good things about DAO were Morrigan, Alistair and Leliana. Full stop.
DA2 gave us an actual protagonist rather than a generic avatar with no voice and personality, a much more fluid combat system, actual moral choices (DAO was way too black-and-white to count), got rid of all those little annoyances DAO was full of and had much better humor. I can't fathom how anyone could like the first game over DA2.

The first game had more than 5 dungeons.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#78Jules RulesPosted 7/3/2014 7:59:09 AM
I see it still has the awful dialogue wheel, eugh. That should be a Mass Effect exclusive, it did never fit with DA.

I'm not at all excited, especially being it's EA/Origin and they're charging a crap ton for it.

I would only be interested if when it comes out, everyone is saying it's awesome and up there with Origins. And by everyone I mean people on here and stuff, cause we all know the press praised DA2. But even then I'll wait till it goes cheaper.
---
What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?
XBL & PSN: OMGFather
#79GoldninjaPosted 7/3/2014 8:13:30 AM
Rhetorical question, since everyone seems to: Anyone notice how studios turn to crap after EA acquires them? Crytek, Bioware, etc.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#80SinisterSlayPosted 7/3/2014 8:15:04 AM
Goldninja posted...
Rhetorical question, since everyone seems to: Anyone notice how studios turn to crap after EA acquires them? Crytek, Bioware, etc.

Yes, we all noticed that, and this thread is 50% posts about Bioware being ruined after EA bought them.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence