This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Divinity Original Sin

#21SinisterSlayPosted 7/3/2014 8:27:06 AM(edited)
heeeee1eeeee posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
I hate the original fallout if that matters.

I am fine with the combat, but the exploration, time limit, and annoying pixel hunting puzzles turn me off the game very quickly.

But you say this new divinity has a good story?

If you hated the original fallout then this game isn't for you. I am not sure about the in game mechanics but this game and fallout are the same gameplay wise.

What's the point of a playing a game with a good story if you aren't having fun.

Thanks for the warning.
I now absolutely require a demo before I even consider the game at anything over $5.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#22Dark_SpiretPosted 7/3/2014 8:43:12 AM
im about 10hours in and so far its my GOTY. fun writing, quests that dont hold your hand and usually have multiple ways to complete them. good combat with a satisfying difficulty, nice options in creating your characters how you want. coop has been a lot of fun and based on what im hearing its got a ton of content as well.

provided you dont mind turn based systems and having to read a lot, its amazing.
---
Currently playing: Divinity Original Sin - Sniper Elite III - Shovel Knight
#23HighOnPhazonPosted 7/3/2014 9:07:05 AM
I've heard this game's class system is HEAVILY biased towards Magic, as in Wizards are king and the other two are complete trash.

It's due to the AP System, and chance to hit. Melee characters have a chance to hit, and must spend AP to get close to their enemies, and then can miss anyway. Magic casters never miss, have only to spend their points into Intelligence and don't have to spend AP to move close to their enemies. Plus, you can combine magic effects to destroy huge groups of enemies.

So it seems that Mages are really the "only way" to play.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#24Cool_Dude667Posted 7/3/2014 11:23:13 AM
HighOnPhazon posted...
I've heard this game's class system is HEAVILY biased towards Magic, as in Wizards are king and the other two are complete trash.

It's due to the AP System, and chance to hit. Melee characters have a chance to hit, and must spend AP to get close to their enemies, and then can miss anyway. Magic casters never miss, have only to spend their points into Intelligence and don't have to spend AP to move close to their enemies. Plus, you can combine magic effects to destroy huge groups of enemies.

and here I thought under-performing melee classes is just a RPG staple
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#25AnimorganimatePosted 7/3/2014 11:30:41 AM
HighOnPhazon posted...

My Battlemage (who is much more sword-and-board battle and far less mage) is having a blast ramming into people from across the map, then slamming a fist of justice down on their heads. Plus, being able to block most arrows with my shield is a huge added bonus.

I'll definitely replay through the game as a wizard some day, but a pure melee class is certainly viable, and fun. Original Sin deserves all the praise it's receiving and then some. It's an RPG that will be talked about along with the other classics through the ages.
---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.