This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you deal with being spoiled?

#1jestsman5ianPosted 7/3/2014 5:16:10 AM
Whether it is an obnoxious friend or a Google search gone wrong, we have all been spoiled at one point or another. How do you handle it when it happens to you?
#2SpazH3dPosted 7/3/2014 5:23:53 AM
The only sensible thing is to put the persons head on a spike.
---
- My vision is augmented
#3HaMMeRHeaD25Posted 7/3/2014 5:26:20 AM
I don't care about anything enough to bother me /emo
---
Ya ave a license fa dem dubs?
#4Lemur_HPosted 7/3/2014 5:26:31 AM
wait what
#5MaxCHEATER64Posted 7/3/2014 5:26:37 AM
I got spoiled for RDR about a year ago. Was almost done with it. Never finished because of that.
---
https://i.imgur.com/6sZC0hY.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
#6Lemur_HPosted 7/3/2014 5:28:26 AM
oh man, i thought this thread was about something else
#7GodzFollowerPosted 7/3/2014 5:30:02 AM
depends on how big of a spoiler it is and for what game. If I'm finding myself only finishing a game for the ending because its gotten boring, but has a cool story.......i'll drop it the second you tell me what happens.

Most everything else, I'll want to see with my own 2 eyes.
---
Gfaqs is the home of the echo posters
#8SpazH3dPosted 7/3/2014 5:34:03 AM(edited)
Lemur_H posted...
oh man, i thought this thread was about something else

Yeah, I thought it was about our mass quantities of steam games, hence being spoiled by well... THE GENEROSITY OF THE GLORIOUS GABE. PRAISE HIS SOUL.

But if you want a reply that isn't dumb: I fortunately have a poor memory, so I distance myself from the thing being spoiled. Eventually I will hopefully forget it.
---
- My vision is augmented
#9HaganPosted 7/3/2014 5:44:10 AM
Pay it forward

Spoil the game/story for someone else. That is how the universe corrects itself.
---
XBL GT= illidan z PSN = HaganJR
Steam = mhagan1986 Origin = HaganJR
#10PhilOnDezPosted 7/3/2014 5:57:04 AM
According to a couple of studies that I'm too lazy to look up, having something spoiled for you actually increases your enjoyment of the piece overall. The studies were conducted with movies and books, not games, but I think it holds up. That doesn't make me avoid spoilers any less but I've noticed it to be true in most cases where it happens, at least for me.

An example would be Bioshock Infinite. I played through most of it on the 360 but gave it back to the friend I borrowed it from because I knew I'd just end up getting it during a steam sale down the line. Ended up picking it up on steam during a sale like I figured I would so I went ahead and played it. It was a lot cooler the second time around once I had an idea of what was going on (even if what was going on was pretty stupid). My favorite part of the game is actually the coin flip near the beginning because of its implications.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez