This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can you tell the difference between 30 and 60 FPS?

#11HomstarRunnerPosted 7/3/2014 10:18:59 AM
WeaponX1138 posted...
You should envy people that can't. They're enjoying their experience as much as you are, without worrying about getting the latest card to stay above 60.

Yeah, just like how we envy blind people because they can't tell when a game has bad graphics or deaf people because they're unaffected by low quality audio.
---
Yoshi's Story turned me into the jaded cynic I am today ~BringerOfPie
#12acrylick42(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 10:19:25 AM
Does anybody here have legitimate eyesight issues?
---
Enchantment?
Enchantment!
#13dunkisPosted 7/3/2014 10:20:17 AM
acrylick42 posted...
Well I kinda expected this from the PC board, I'll be interested to see what the console boards will have to say. But it seems like some people don't even realize that some games NEED to run at 60 fps like Street Fighter, Bayonetta, or even Call of Duty.

Well not -need- but are much more noticeable in.
Case in point: The Wii ran CoD games only at 30 FPS, which at the time I was used to and didn't really notice. But then I went to play CoD at my friend's house on his 360. The jump up to 60 may not be as noticeable, though it's still there. But then when I went back to playing on the Wii, my god. Not that it wasn't tolerable but it was very noticeable.
---
NNID: TheDunc
#14GarquillPosted 7/3/2014 10:25:46 AM
I have to close my eyes in Portal 2 when the elevator brings me down because the framerate drops to 30, it literally hurts me
---
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
#15monkmithPosted 7/3/2014 10:27:11 AM
WeaponX1138 posted...
You should envy people that can't. They're enjoying their experience as much as you are, without worrying about getting the latest card to stay above 60.

i have 20/80 vision, and i can easily see the difference. the only people that cant see the difference are blind, and that isn't something to envy.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#16acrylick42(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 10:28:28 AM
Those were just examples, CoD not so much, but Fighting Games need it more than any other genre I think. Inputs need to precise, and frames are only suppose to drop to make certain moves look more "cinematic."
---
Enchantment?
Enchantment!
#17sn3akywafflesPosted 7/3/2014 10:30:20 AM
MarceloSampaio posted...
acrylick42 posted...
I don't want to start a flame war or anything, (...).

Yes, you do. You SURELY AS HELL want.

This has been discussed a million times already, and everyone knows the difference between 30 and 60 FPS, even if they claim not to notice it. And everyone here knows that topics like this ALWAYS end with ridiculous flame wars, spamming and trolling.

So yeah, you DO want to start a flame war.

he also posted this exact same topic on the xbox one board word for word and im willing to bet other console boards too, definitely trolling
---
High speed, low drag
San Antonio Spurs - St. Louis Cardinals - Creighton Blue Jays
#18acrylick42(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 10:36:32 AM
sn3akywaffles posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
acrylick42 posted...
I don't want to start a flame war or anything, (...).

Yes, you do. You SURELY AS HELL want.

This has been discussed a million times already, and everyone knows the difference between 30 and 60 FPS, even if they claim not to notice it. And everyone here knows that topics like this ALWAYS end with ridiculous flame wars, spamming and trolling.

So yeah, you DO want to start a flame war.

he also posted this exact same topic on the xbox one board word for word and im willing to bet other console boards too, definitely trolling

People on different boards have different opinion, and eyesight. Not everyone looks at the PC boards so I want to reach more people. Get over yourself. Only the Xbone board is having internal conflicts so far, maybe if they were more civil that wouldn't happen. Just because other people start trolling doesn't mean I started it.
---
Enchantment?
Enchantment!
#19pothocketPosted 7/3/2014 10:36:33 AM
I don't think responses from random people who post on video game forums is "proof" of anything. Go do some real research if this is really about having a discussion with a friend. You know, go look up stuff on how the brain processes information and how that relates to the eye (hint: we don't see in "frames" at all)
---
http://i.imgur.com/aBZ2Gww.gif http://i.imgur.com/HnzWmt3.gif
#20PhilOnDezPosted 7/3/2014 10:36:56 AM
monkmith posted...
WeaponX1138 posted...

i have 20/80 vision, and i can easily see the difference. the only people that cant see the difference are blind, and that isn't something to envy.

I have 20/350 (plus astigmatism in my left eye) and I can tell the difference quite easily. I get the feeling that if you can't tell it would be more with how your brain interprets motion over anything your eyes are doing.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez