This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can you tell the difference between 30 and 60 FPS?

#51Phase_ZeroPosted 7/3/2014 2:06:19 PM
Yes, of course
---
The Great Escape: CAFC
#52Fire_PloverPosted 7/3/2014 2:24:05 PM
Cllerj posted...
The problem with asking the console boards is that they want graphics over framerate and the devs know it. I know there are a few titles that support 60 fps on the current gen consoles but they aren't the most popular choices right now.

On topic: Yes I can, if my game drops past 45 fps it bothers me quite a bit.

This bugs me... I guess 60fps doesn't look quite as nice in the ads as a better looking game.

Glad to see Nintendo is keeping up with 60fps though... I believe most of the Wii U exclusives so far are at 60 (I know MK8 and DKC:TF for sure are), and I'm pretty sure Smash is going to be as well (even on the 3DS!)
---
"On one hand, I don't want to blatantly call you an idiot, but on the other, you're an idiot." - JosephDigital
#53EnmaDaio2588Posted 7/3/2014 2:27:41 PM
When they're side-by-side but that's about it.
---
I had a dream of my wife...She was dead but, it was OK...
#54ryan0991Posted 7/3/2014 2:33:48 PM
WilIDearborn posted...
somebody336 posted...
Yes.

---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/BOBtheMASTER.jpg
Could care less = you care at least somewhat. Couldn't care less = you don't care at all.
#552020_NinoPosted 7/3/2014 2:37:15 PM
I can. But if you ask me specifically, I won't know but I can tell if something has a low or high frame rate or not.
---
Hello. My name is Nino. You killed my family, and you forced me to kill them again. Prepare to die!
*BRRRRRNNGGGHHH*
#56ryan0991Posted 7/3/2014 2:41:10 PM
HomstarRunner posted...
Buburibon posted...
I can, but apparently some PC gamers cannot given the right environment/conditions. Long story shorter, my wife and I hosted a BBQ a little while ago during the Steam sales. My brother-in-law, a "fundamentalist" PC gamer, brought along one of his co-workers, also a PC gamer. Amongst other things, they wanted to try out some console ports on my system, built exclusively for gaming on the big screen, with a gamepad.

We began with a few ports running at a locked 60fps, standard vsync, and the default frame buffer (maximum pre-rendered frames) of 3. I then suggested they should pick-up Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon during the sale, and proceeded to showcase it to them. The thing is, I had previously set it to 1/2 refresh (30hz) vsync, 30fps frame limit, and frame buffer set to 1 in order to minimize any input lag. All via Nvidia Inspector.

So, I hand them the controller and the next thing I hear is, and I paraphrase "man, I don't like controllers but this is so smooth and responsive... gotta love PC gaming on a big Plasma TV." I smile, agree with their observation of how "ideally" that game had performed, alt+tab, and launch Fraps before going back to the game. Needless to mention, when the truth revealed itself they both looked a tad embarrassed, in major denial, and most definitely blown away. Granted, I specifically chose Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon for my little experiment because it is ridiculously smooth and responsive on a gamepad with the settings above. But, still, there's no denying that they were so impressed with that locked 30fps that it never crossed their minds it wasn't 60.

By the way, I don't think I would've been able to tell either. Not under those circumstances.

That brother-in-law's name? Albert Einstein.

And then a console gamer named "900p" flew in through the window and shed a single tear on the controller.
---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/BOBtheMASTER.jpg
Could care less = you care at least somewhat. Couldn't care less = you don't care at all.
#57lazycomplifePosted 7/3/2014 2:45:56 PM
Only when there is movement on the screen, so yes, almost all of the time.
---
Official Swinub - 3DS Friend Code: 0602-6783-9027
Steam/PSN/Nintendo ID: Sythierius
#58Loserman15Posted 7/3/2014 2:47:31 PM
im tired of this topic and how it keeps coming up every week
#59MaximoomPosted 7/3/2014 3:01:27 PM
I can play and enjoy at like 45 fps and be fine, if its not fluctuating.

But if is going 50-55 to 60 and back nonstop I tweak settings to make it stop, because it annoys me.
---
Asus P8H61-MLE/BR | i5 3470 3.2Ghz | Zotac GTX 760 2GB | 8GB DDR3-1333 | 1TB HDD | C3TEC 500Rve 500W Bronze | Samsung 32" LCD 1080p.
#60AlesandrosPosted 7/3/2014 3:30:52 PM
Yes I can
---
i7 4770k, Z87 Sabertooth, gtx 780 SLI, 32Gb RAM @ 1866Mhz, 500Gb 840-EVO, 1TB HDD, Corsair RM1000 & H100i, Cooler Master HAFX II CCW: S&W 629-6 .44 MAG