This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

An individual whos personality is defined by their sexuality....

#321Enigma149Posted 7/3/2014 9:39:13 PM
cyberkyber posted...
Enigma149 posted...
cyberkyber posted...
On a serious note, to the developers who make games I think it's only fair that you mention if said games have gay themes or not. As someone who doesn't support LGBT, I'm not interested in your products. Thankyou

Out of curiosity, are there any other things you don't support? And, if so, do you actively avoid games / movies / books with those in them as well?

You might want to try broadening your horizons a bit.

Yes of course free to play games, DLC that rips you off and as of late games like uncharted, you know the ones with zero replayability, oh and I don't like playing as a female( somehow I'm fine with metroid, maybe cause it's not in your face ).

Does that make me evil? I'll answer for you...No

Well, you've given me a good answer, though I still disagree with your avoidance of homosexuals and playing as women. Personally, I prefer playing as women in some games, even though I'm a guy. But still, I can, at least, agree to disagree.

Also, I always found Metroid to be rather "in your face" about it - all the other games where you play as a female are open about it, but Metroid waits until the end and then - SURPRISE! You're a woman!
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#322VeorisPosted 7/3/2014 9:56:45 PM
Enigma149 posted...
what you said

Consensus from who? Are they not biased themselves? Some of the amazon reviews definately do seem biased against it. Ignored evidence contrary to the author's argument? How? All she practically does is take that evidence and show it's errors. That's sort of the point of the book. Where are the politics? Where are the author's own views? It all seems pretty objective from what I've read. There's hardly any "bias". Do not I've read only about a third. On my way. :)

No. I never grouped all heterosexuals together. Hell I was very careful not to because then I get responses like yours (ok, there are a lot worse, at least yours is intelligent and well argumented). I always use "some" heterosexuals, etc. Because not all heterosexuals are like this thank GOD! But I do feel many of them have lost their way. Not sure if it's their fault or their parents (or parent's parents. Cycle goes on, heh.).

I never grouped them all together, it's not like that. Although I recognize it's easy to assume so from the way I speak.

The rape fantasies are moreso in the women's mind. Like, quite a large percentage, for some reason. Not so much the men. Although, there must be men who have them, who have some sort of fantasy like it, they must have some gripe with women, or at least that's what I assume.

"I understand some feminists think the way you do - that all men secretly want to rape every woman they see, that anything nice they do for women is actually an attempt to get in their pants, that in a patriarchal society no sex can be considered consensual, etc., but you have to understand that this is not the case. "

Yeah I don't think that at all. I'm not that kind of feminist. I fight for men too. As much as many of them detest it and oppose me, I want the greater good for them, and all future generations of men. And women. I mean, take the way I talk about the whole "bottling up your emotions", you think I'm ok with that? You think I'm ok with a society that expects this from male children, telling them men don't cry, etc.?

My friend, I don't think you understand what I did here. I was trying to have a little fun, I was enjoying watching these hateful individuals run around in circles with their lame arguments. I was exaggerating and really enjoyed their reactions. I guess you could see it as "turning the table" on them, and treating them the way they treat gay people, LGBT, and allies. Take a look at how they reacted to Brutal_Deluxe's comments. All the bitterness and the strong need to be right.

Take a look at KingDFizzle. You think people like him don't need to be fed some of their "medicine" once in a while?

I'm not being my most sensible or intelligent self here. That I leave for other places. Gamefaqs threads are usually infested with these ignorant vitrol-fueled arguments against homosexuality. So I responded in kind. Taunting and making fun of them. I guess I enjoy it.

But I can see you're telling me that the case was otherwise in the first pages. I didn't even know. I quoted TC because I thought his little argument was dumb if he was ignoring most straight people. (Who define themselves by their sexuality CONSTANTLY, but when gay people do it? That's wrong. Of course.) I'm actually for his argument, I wish those somewhat "lost" straight people would stop defining themselves so much by what they do in bed. (Think about what I said about the rape fantasies in women's minds. Where do you think sexism and these ideas of "men as dominant" "women as submissive" comes from? These are the things I ponder..)
---
Currently playing: FFT:WotL, Persona 4 Arena, FFX
#323VeorisPosted 7/3/2014 9:59:33 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
I literally don't have to post anything anymore, because the guy above (Enigma) basically just pointedly "called you out".

Didn't you also call someone a coward for leaving the thread earlier? So now you're resorting to hypocrisy as well as being hateful, egotistical and showing signs of narcissism.

Truly you are a great example of the tolerant left gay community!

I was responding to him. Takes time genius. You say you have nothing against gay people yet here you are calling them out and mocking them?

Who was the hypocrite again? Fool. You still can't counter my argument of the vast amount of unwanted children being born from "oh so natural" and "perfect" heterosexual sex.
---
#324king_gimpyPosted 7/3/2014 10:01:17 PM
I've never understood "I won't play as a girl!!!" it just reeks of insecurity about one's masculinity to me.
---
There's an old sayin' down on the bayou that goes- BLEAH!
#325VeorisPosted 7/3/2014 10:01:40 PM
Enigma149 posted...
cyberkyber posted...
On a serious note, to the developers who make games I think it's only fair that you mention if said games have gay themes or not. As someone who doesn't support LGBT, I'm not interested in your products. Thankyou

Out of curiosity, are there any other things you don't support? And, if so, do you actively avoid games / movies / books with those in them as well?

You might want to try broadening your horizons a bit.

HighOnPhazon posted...
I literally don't have to post anything anymore, because the guy above (Enigma) basically just pointedly "called you out".

Didn't you also call someone a coward for leaving the thread earlier? So now you're resorting to hypocrisy as well as being hateful, egotistical and showing signs of narcissism.

Truly you are a great example of the tolerant left gay community!

Please, don't think less of us because of him (or her). There are supporters of the gay rights movement that are completely rational people. In fact, I'd say the majority of us are...it's just a few bad apples that ruin the bunch.

Why are you talking to HighOnPhazon like he's some sort of sensitive individual? Have you read his replies to me? He doesn't deserve a second of your attention. Worst kind of sad, bitter, cowardly troll.
---
#326VeorisPosted 7/3/2014 10:05:01 PM
JuliafanAM posted...
WyzeGye posted...
...Is a shallow individual.

GG bioware, fire your writers.

This isn't a crack at lgbt lifestyles, it goes for anybody.

The fact that people are applauding these characters in games says a lot about those people if they don't realize that.

Defined by sexuliaty =/= influenced by it

There's a difference and to say that sexuality has no influence on your life is just being disingenuous. Especially in a society that isn't wholly accepting of it.

Even in normal day-to-day conversations, topics like dating and sex come up a lot. I think it's more unrealistic that characters get a one-off mention of their sexuality and never mention it again. Unless their a character who only get's, like, 5 second of screentime, then their sexuality should come up about as often as a straight character does.

Thank you. Nice, I agree.
---
#327HighOnPhazonPosted 7/3/2014 10:05:32 PM
I haven't exhibited one ounce of cowardly behavior, if anything, I've stood up to your pro gay vomit and still managed to come out clean, where as you still sound like a pissed off kid with a chip on his/her shoulder against the horrible straight community.

Poor, poor you. Waaahhhhh
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#328JKatarnPosted 7/3/2014 10:08:05 PM
Vordrax posted...
Buburibon posted...
I see where you're coming from, Wyze, but I'm afraid it's not quite that simple when your sexuality's had a major impact on how you chose (or were forced to) live your life. Question, have you already relocated to B.C.? As I'm sure you already know, the LGBT community here in Vancouver is pretty significant, and I'd say a great number of them do “wear their sexuality on the outside" for good reason.

Sadly, the horror stories of having to endure hell being discriminated, physically assaulted/abused and humiliated, ridiculed and shunned by family and "friends" are too common here. Many have had to change their legal names and leave their hometowns, provinces, and even countries in order to seek acceptance elsewhere and avoid persecution (sometimes death). So, my point is that it's fairly easy to understand why some would define themselves as LGBT first, because, after all, they've spent their lives fighting for the right to be just who they are. Besides, everyone knows it's the life that you lead that defines who you are... yeah, that's my two cents on this subject. :-)

Check this out:

http://www.batteredmen.com/

Now realize that most people who see a man getting abused in public find it amusing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3PgH86OyEM

I doubt I need a link to illustrate that the overwhelming majority of violence in video games directed at humans is directed at males. Where's the swell of people pushing for this to be changed? "That's just the way it is." It's acceptable. I guarantee you mention violence against men as being as big of a social issue as LGBT acceptance and people will treat you like an idiot. The selective outrage machine, indeed.

Right, and men being physically larger on average with 2-3x the muscle mass of woman as well as the dominant position in society has nothing to do with it, lol. As a man, don't play the "poor traditional man browbeaten by these scary progressive women" bs. I'm not condoning senseless violence of any kind, mind you, but women are less aggressive/weaker then men (both physically and in societal position) and are thus far more likely to need special consideration.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#329VeorisPosted 7/3/2014 10:09:33 PM
Buburibon posted...
Buburibon posted...
Veoris posted...
And just for anyone reading this thread. I have nothing against straight people. Some straight people out there have a good brain on their shoulders and can consider others as they rightfully should. They can live perfectly happy and healthy lives and have healthy relationships. Though from what I've seen I'd say less than 10%.

Fair enough. What would you say is the rough percentage of homosexuals who "have a good brain on their shoulders and can consider others as they rightfully should [, and] can live happy and healthy lives and have healthy relationships"? I'm just curious. Thanks!

I'm not sure whether you missed the above, Veoris. I'm sure you understand that in order for us to have a productive discussion, you'll need to provide us with a complete set of estimates. Thanks again.

What do you want me to say? It's unfortunate lots of gay people are depressed, don't take their sexuality seriously, etc. Particularly where I live, gay people don't fight to be recognized or respected, they are somewhat lost, having meaningless sex. (Heh, some straight people are like that too I guess.)

I want to fight for gay rights, gay marriage, adoption etc. to give some hope to these people. That they may have more to fight and live for. Otherwise as I said, they tend to fall to meaningless sex, drugs, etc.

Now it seems like I'm generalizing but I'm not. This is the impression I get from the gay people in my area. I am envious of other countries where gay people are taken more seriously. People like HighOnPhazon, etc, are a hindrance to these things. It's depressing. So I have a little fun with them. Don't I have the right?

Don't take everything I say here seriously peeps.
---
#330HighOnPhazonPosted 7/3/2014 10:12:10 PM
Veoris posted...
People like HighOnPhazon, etc, are a hindrance to these things.

You're a hindrance to your own self.

If I was gay, I wouldn't want you speaking for me, because you're fanatical.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650