This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

An individual whos personality is defined by their sexuality....

#331JKatarnPosted 7/3/2014 10:14:04 PM
WyzeGye posted...
JonWood007 posted...
Well, maybe people who are not striaght wouldn't make an identity out of their sexuality if they weren't discriminated against in the first place. Sometimes being told you're a horrible person for being X actually makes you take pride in the label. Kinda like me with atheism >_>.

That door swings both ways. There are circles where being heterosexual is an invitation to be ostracized.

And where would this mythical place where heterosexuals are ostracized be, lol?
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#332VeorisPosted 7/3/2014 10:16:04 PM
JKatarn posted...
Right, and men being physically larger on average with 2-3x the muscle mass of woman as well as the dominant position in society has nothing to do with it, lol. As a man, don't play the "poor traditional man browbeaten by these scary progressive women" bs. I'm not condoning senseless violence of any kind, mind you, but women are less aggressive/weaker then men (both physically and in societal position) and are thus far more likely to need special consideration.

That's a lie. But it's understandable you'd assume such things. Still a blatant lie.

Question: do you like being seen as the "aggressive" sex by default?

And that thing about women being submissive in society. Yeah, no. At least many of us in the world are trying to change that. I don't understand why you have to factor in the "societal positions of men and women" in your argument. Which are wrong btw, especially this day and age. (Ok, I'll add "my opinion". Don't need another fit atm..)

Women don't need special consideration. People just need to stop being physically violent with each other. Simple.
---
Currently playing: FFT:WotL, Persona 4 Arena, FFX
#333VeorisPosted 7/3/2014 10:18:42 PM(edited)
HighOnPhazon posted...
Veoris posted...
People like HighOnPhazon, etc, are a hindrance to these things.

You're a hindrance to your own self.

If I was gay, I wouldn't want you speaking for me, because you're fanatical.

No one is talking to you. You already decided to run away from my arguments, so put your money where your mouth is. Which means now you can kindly shut up. Thank you.

I'm only appearing fanatical because I'm pressing your buttons and enjoying it. Fool.
---
#334JKatarnPosted 7/3/2014 10:19:46 PM
Asellus posted...
ook, here's my thing. In a perfect world it would be nice if people reacted the same way to "I'm gay" as they would if you said "I like the color orange". In such a world you could probably expect that being gay would have no effect whatsoever on the person you developed into. Not everyone lives in such a perfect world however and even the more enlightened parts of the world today things would have been very different fifty, one-hundred, two-hundred years ago.

Seriously, and you would think in a society that pidgeonholes all nerds/gamers/geeks into the "basement dwelling, socially maladjusted misanthrope" etc. stereotypes (a percentage definitely fit this), that these people likely having been ostracized/excluded/feeling awkward due to their hobby at some point in their life would have a more inclusive mindset.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
#335VeorisPosted 7/3/2014 10:23:47 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
I haven't exhibited one ounce of cowardly behavior, if anything, I've stood up to your pro gay vomit and still managed to come out clean, where as you still sound like a pissed off kid with a chip on his/her shoulder against the horrible straight community.

Poor, poor you. Waaahhhhh

You "come out clean" because you don't actually say anything....

Ahh to live in one's little egotistical fantasy world in their mind. Must be nice...

But no time for that.
---
#336VeorisPosted 7/3/2014 10:27:38 PM
dearestnight posted...
This whole uproar is stupid as hell. You'd think that somehow the character automatically makes it impossible to play the game. Not into homosexuality? Here's an idea, don't hit on gay guys. Same principle applies here. You don't like the character? BEHOLD, GENTLEMAN! I HAVE CREATED....this way to just not have the guy in your party and still play the game.

As for the personality shtick....the same could be said of people getting this upset over an imaginary figure in a fantasy universe. *shrug* In the end it's just simple, very basic human complaining over something they don't want being in something they do want. People can use whatever Psychology or Sociology angles they want, the source problem is the same. Someone put chocolate in their much hyped peanut butter.

A-men my friend.
---
#337TheEntitledOnePosted 7/3/2014 10:31:07 PM
I know this is gamefaqs, but the pc board has been extra ass lately. Too many rustled jimmies.
---
I got your number! I got all your numbers!
#338VeorisPosted 7/3/2014 10:31:27 PM
Enigma149 posted...
Animorganimate posted...
DaedalusEx posted...
Orestes417 posted...
The greeks didn't find it bizarre at all and would look at you like an idiot for making a big deal of it.

Ok?

Doesn't change that fact that homosexuality is bizarre from an evolutionary and anatomical standpoint.

Please note I never said nor implied that homosexuals should be discriminated against or denied rights on this basis. I'm all for human rights as any rational person is, but that doesn't make homosexuality any less bizarre.

Homosexuality exists all throughout nature (but instead of homosexuality, in nature it's just referred to as "sex"), from insects to mammals. Humans aren't special.

If you want to look at it from your extremely offensive "it's against nature" point-of-view (which people used to say about inter-racial relationships), it makes even more sense. Since animals need to have sex to reproduce, that means their urge to have sex is one of the strongest natural urges around (aside from eating and sleeping). The reproduction part of it is just a byproduct. This is why you find animals having sex with any gender they please, because it's such a strong urge. Hell, some animals will switch gender if there aren't enough males or females. It's just natural.

The problem is humans love to hate, so they will view anything that doesn't fit into their little world as wrong. Again, it's mostly ignorance, so most of you shouldn't be blamed directly . . . just pitied.

Edit: By the way, homosexuality has always existed in human history, yet we still find a way to overpopulate this planet and make those who might be in love feel bad enough to commit suicide in some cases. It seems like human reproduction is still working, so maybe we can stop hating.

You seem to be confusing people blindly hating with people making legitimate arguments.

I disagree with most of the arguments made here against homosexuality, but I can see that the people making them aren't blindly saying gays are evil, or calling for their heads, or the banning of homosexual sex, or anything of the like. I can also see you accusing people of such, even though they've made it quite clear they support gay rights, but just find the actual homosexual part odd.

True, some people are saying it's "against nature" (EDIT: actually, no they're not - that's you putting words in their mouths; they're saying its bizarre from an evolutionary standpoint, which is an important distinction), but they're presenting arguments for it - not saying something like, "Well, the Bible says it's evil!" or the like. Again, I disagree strongly with these arguments, but at the very least I can see that they're intelligently made.

Please, stop - this is a reasonable discussion about sexuality, a rare thing on the internet (usually, topics devolve into "Homosexuality is evil!", "Cisgenered scum!", "F*****", etc.). If you actually cared about homosexuals, you would use this opportunity to discuss why homosexuality is a good thing to have in a society with people you might actually convince, or, at least, leave an impression upon. Instead, you're using it to cause conflict, thinking that, since this is an anonymous forum on the internet, that gives you a license to attack the people you disagree with.

What you're doing is driving people against you, which drives them against your message, which causes more problems for the homosexuals you are trying to protect.

Ahh I see what you mean now. Thank you for your effort, opinion, and existence, my friend.
---
#339JKatarnPosted 7/3/2014 10:32:36 PM
Veoris posted...
JKatarn posted...
Right, and men being physically larger on average with 2-3x the muscle mass of woman as well as the dominant position in society has nothing to do with it, lol. As a man, don't play the "poor traditional man browbeaten by these scary progressive women" bs. I'm not condoning senseless violence of any kind, mind you, but women are less aggressive/weaker then men (both physically and in societal position) and are thus far more likely to need special consideration.

That's a lie. But it's understandable you'd assume such things. Still a blatant lie.

Question: do you like being seen as the "aggressive" sex by default?

And that thing about women being submissive in society. Yeah, no. At least many of us in the world are trying to change that. I don't understand why you have to factor in the "societal positions of men and women" in your argument. Which are wrong btw, especially this day and age. (Ok, I'll add "my opinion". Don't need another fit atm..)

Women don't need special consideration. People just need to stop being physically violent with each other. Simple.

Poor choice of words on my part, but statistics show that violent crime is overwhelmingly committed by men, men are far more likely to stalk ex-girlfriends and become violent when spurned, and your average woman is likely going to have a difficult time defending herself against a male attacker due to a.) the attacker's aggression b.) men on average being larger and having more upper body etc. muscle mass. That is not to say that there aren't strong, capable women who could knock out men 2-3x their size, because there are, I'm talking about your average woman here. Nor am I implying that every woman should be sheltered and protected like some delicate teacup, but rather pointing out that a supposed battered/beleagured man (unless he's fighting say Lou Ferrigno) is far more likely to stand up to his attacker than an untrained woman and more likely to successfully fend them off. My ultimate point is that men don't need advocates as we haven't had to fight for the right to vote, for the right to work etc. I agree that people should work out their differences amicably in a non-violent manner.
---
#340cyberkyberPosted 7/3/2014 10:34:44 PM
JKatarn posted...
WyzeGye posted...
JonWood007 posted...
Well, maybe people who are not striaght wouldn't make an identity out of their sexuality if they weren't discriminated against in the first place. Sometimes being told you're a horrible person for being X actually makes you take pride in the label. Kinda like me with atheism >_>.

That door swings both ways. There are circles where being heterosexual is an invitation to be ostracized.

And where would this mythical place where heterosexuals are ostracized be, lol?

The Blue Oyster Bar, I heard a couple of cops went in there and got harrased.