This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

An individual whos personality is defined by their sexuality....

#351SwcloudPosted 7/4/2014 7:34:30 AM
KingDFizzle posted...
Veoris posted...
WyzeGye posted...
News flash: Men are biologically programmed to be emotionally colder and physically stronger than women. Women are biologically programmed to make and care for babies.

LOL you just lost all credibilty.

No such thing. It's all made up "studies" to get straight people like you to feel so "natural" and "normal" and nice and comfy with the way you're living. I swear it. (Which is, many times, poisonous. Truly, you should be worried about the **** some straight people are injecting into their children's minds. Which is the norm.)

Are people actually denying biological facts in this thread? Whoa........

Well, to be fair, and I haven't been following this discussion for the last 15 pages, but clearly, none of what Wyze said is a biological fact.
I currently study sociology in college and if there is one thing that is clear from everything I've learned, its that none of what he said is true. Those behaviours are learned.
You can look at some indigenous cultures who aren't affected by the social norm and, for some of them, its the complete opposite. Women are colder and more emotionally distant while men are the emotional care takers.
The truth is, there's nothing biological about it, its all cultural (except for the bit about physical strength).
---
Big announcement to make, I'm quitting gamefaqs forever. I have seriously had enough of you people. - krazyninjaman3
#352_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 7/4/2014 12:49:04 PM(edited)
To be fair, in Mass Effect it is the opposite.

You have a main protagonist pretty much out there saving the world. And he/she could just as easily hook up with guys/girls/aliens/ no one at all.

I would say that if anything, that character is not defined by his/her sexuality. In fact, who that person is and what kind of choices that person makes are completely separated from sexual preference in the game.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie EC1 Evo White | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | AKG k550 | Samsung S24A350H
#353ShiangPosted 7/5/2014 1:56:51 PM
Swcloud posted...
KingDFizzle posted...
Veoris posted...
WyzeGye posted...
News flash: Men are biologically programmed to be emotionally colder and physically stronger than women. Women are biologically programmed to make and care for babies.

LOL you just lost all credibilty.

No such thing. It's all made up "studies" to get straight people like you to feel so "natural" and "normal" and nice and comfy with the way you're living. I swear it. (Which is, many times, poisonous. Truly, you should be worried about the **** some straight people are injecting into their children's minds. Which is the norm.)

Are people actually denying biological facts in this thread? Whoa........

Well, to be fair, and I haven't been following this discussion for the last 15 pages, but clearly, none of what Wyze said is a biological fact.
I currently study sociology in college and if there is one thing that is clear from everything I've learned, its that none of what he said is true. Those behaviours are learned.
You can look at some indigenous cultures who aren't affected by the social norm and, for some of them, its the complete opposite. Women are colder and more emotionally distant while men are the emotional care takers.
The truth is, there's nothing biological about it, its all cultural (except for the bit about physical strength).

Seconding this, as a student studying sociology and psychology. Men and women's roles are culturally defined. (Yes, men are physically stronger, but their emotional attitude is sociologically shaped, not biologically shaped).
---
There is no road of flowers leading to glory.
- Jean de la Fontaine
#354SwcloudPosted 7/5/2014 2:31:10 PM
Shiang posted...
Seconding this, as a student studying sociology and psychology. Men and women's roles are culturally defined. (Yes, men are physically stronger, but their emotional attitude is sociologically shaped, not biologically shaped).

Thank you :)
---
Big announcement to make, I'm quitting gamefaqs forever. I have seriously had enough of you people. - krazyninjaman3
#355SecretTryhardPosted 7/5/2014 2:48:30 PM
Why is there so much hate on this thread? It serves a great point.

It annoys me when people say "Oh, I don't sexualize women" as if it's disgusting to do so… uh, no. If you like women, it's perfectly damn natural to sexualize women, and I don't even have to explain why. We're biologically programmed for the most part to want to f***. So, yeah, it is laughable to claim that you don't sexualize anybody unless you're asexual. People are making this more of an issue than it really is. Get over it.

Has anyone realized that NO ONE talked about this happening to women, men, or really anybody until the huge feminism bomb occurred?
---
"Is this 911? Yeah, hi, I'd like to report a BAKA weeaboo!"
#356CELTEKKPosted 7/5/2014 2:52:01 PM
Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

My eighth grade social studies teacher told my class that.

Yowzas.
---
i long to see their faces...
regardless of the decay
#357DaedalusExPosted 7/5/2014 2:54:49 PM
Shiang posted...

Then I would change schools or your major, because whoever is paying for your education is wasting their money. That's not to say environmental factors can't or don't play a role, but the human brain is every bit as sexually dimorphic as the body.
#358r7gerrabbitPosted 7/5/2014 3:14:23 PM
DaedalusEx posted...
Shiang posted...

Then I would change schools or your major, because whoever is paying for your education is wasting their money. That's not to say environmental factors can't or don't play a role, but the human brain is every bit as sexually dimorphic as the body.

Sex is ingrained into our psyche, yes. Almost every person on this planet wants and craves sex.
But the gender roles are not. Those are entirely fabricated by the society you live in.
---
Sig.
#359KingDFizzlePosted 7/5/2014 3:18:28 PM
r7gerrabbit posted...
DaedalusEx posted...
Shiang posted...

Sex is ingrained into our psyche, yes. Almost every person on this planet wants and craves sex.
But the gender roles are not. Those are entirely fabricated by the society you live in.

Why do we see vastly different gender roles in the animal kingdom? Are they too influenced by their "culture"? If, as someone said earlier, these gender roles aren't present in isolated tribal cultures, shouldn't they also be absent in the animal kingdom?
#360KingDFizzlePosted 7/5/2014 3:27:28 PM
Also, let's not forget the T in LGBT, how do you explain transgender individuals? Don't they feel like they were born into the wrong body? How is that possible if you aren't born with a gender?