This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

An individual whos personality is defined by their sexuality....

#71ShiangPosted 7/3/2014 3:22:25 PM
SJW means Social Justice Warrior, and they're on the extreme end of the liberal spectrum. I'm bisexual and liberal, but the SJW's who scream about equality often push it to the point of inequality in favour of themselves.

I've already posted in the other topic about this, but I'll reiterate:

If it's a well-written character, great. If not, at least they're making the attempt - even if they're being offensive in the meantime by perpetuating the stereotype that a gay person is defined by their sexuality. Let's hope for the best and move on.
---
There is no road of flowers leading to glory.
- Jean de la Fontaine
#72WyzeGye(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 3:22:50 PM
The_Inebriator posted...
Not with my first post but definitely with the second one. I have little patience for fools. Have fun with that one.

Calling people pathetic is indicative of a superiority complex. Your Sig is a textbook example of irony, fool.
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg [My Rig + Specs] - - - - http://youtu.be/cfh4MK6kW3w
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
#73The_InebriatorPosted 7/3/2014 3:29:01 PM
Ah I see. I thought you assumed my first post was somehow calling you inferior. In truth I didn't even realize you were the OP. And yet you chose to analyze my sig instead of the content in my message that was posted in the topic you created.
---
GAMEFAQS: The only place where the most pathetic members of society have a superiority complex.
#74PyjamaHeroPosted 7/3/2014 3:29:27 PM
If bioware had any aplomb the headline would show up when players discovered that a character in their midst was gay, not for self aggrandizement and sales.

This IS pandering and blatant targeted marketing. They aren't being clever or making a point. A spectacular point would have been made when the firestorm hit over homophobes getting pissed off over a homosexual hitting on them.

I want it to go like this.

Gay (unknown to the player) character joins party.

Player character has no obvious attachments to any female characters and is male.

Gay character gives a gentle hint that he finds player character attractive.

Dialog options:

1) Well isn't this a fine how do you do? Achievement unlocked: How do you do?

2) Actually, with this inquisition I just don't have time for romance. Also, flattered but I don't swing my "sword" that way."
Achievement unlocked: Swing my "sword"

3) "Your kind are a blight worse than the dragons. When the inquisition is over you're next."
Achievement unlocked Blighted by hate

You could only get one of the 3 and never get a different one. We could all laugh at the confirmed homophobes.
---
"But I am I. And I won't subordinate my taste to the unanimous judgment of mankind."
View contact info for ALL systems in my user profile.
#75king_gimpyPosted 7/3/2014 3:30:11 PM
Shiang posted...
SJW means Social Justice Warrior, and they're on the extreme end of the liberal spectrum. I'm bisexual and liberal, but the SJW's who scream about equality often push it to the point of inequality in favour of themselves.

I know exactly what you mean. I consider myself Liberal as well but goddamn. By their criteria I'm so Conservative I make the stone age look progressive.
---
There's an old sayin' down on the bayou that goes- BLEAH!
#76Orestes417Posted 7/3/2014 3:32:14 PM(edited)
So many of these topics on the boards lately. Did True Blood rustle some jimmies? And yes for what it's worth I'm tired of the "stunt gay guy" in games. Need to do something equivalent to Captain Jack from Dr. Who/Torchwood
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#77WyzeGye(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 3:32:43 PM
The_Inebriator posted...
Ah I see. I thought you assumed my first post was somehow calling you inferior. In truth I didn't even realize you were the OP. And yet you chose to analyze my sig instead of the content in my message that was posted in the topic you created.

No, I really don't have anything to say to your post. It's a fair point. But the fact that it's bioware means it will likely be shoehorned in and we all know it
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg [My Rig + Specs] - - - - http://youtu.be/cfh4MK6kW3w
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
#78AnimorganimatePosted 7/3/2014 3:37:02 PM(edited)
WyzeGye posted...
JonWood007 posted...
Well, maybe people who are not striaght wouldn't make an identity out of their sexuality if they weren't discriminated against in the first place. Sometimes being told you're a horrible person for being X actually makes you take pride in the label. Kinda like me with atheism >_>.

That door swings both ways. There are circles where being heterosexual is an invitation to be ostracized.

Hey everyone, come look at the plight of the straight man! See all that plight?! Just like the plight of a white male in America.

"Well ya' know, there's certain areas in America where being white might get you killed."

Damn, we whites have it rough. You mean there's "certain areas" that don't like us? How can that be?!

The straight-man syndrome in this thread is astounding. Just please stop letting your ignorance get in the way of basic human rights and acceptance, please.
---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
#79LoshadtPosted 7/3/2014 3:36:51 PM
Animorganimate posted...
Hey everyone, come look at the plight of the straight man! See all that plight?! Just like the plight of a white male in America.

"Well ya' know, there's certain areas in America where being white might get you killed."

Damn, we whites have it rough. You mean there's "certain areas" that don't like us? How can that be?!

The ignorance and the white/straight-man syndrome in this thread is astounding. Just please stop letting your ignorance get in the way of basic human rights and acceptance, please.

Thank you for so aptly demonstrating the exact same point you tried to refute.
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#80The_InebriatorPosted 7/3/2014 3:38:04 PM
Honestly I thought they did a decent job with Steve and Samantha's sexuality in ME3. It wasn't in your face or over the top. Bioware can show some sloppy, lazy writing from time to time but I'll reserve judgement until I actually play the game. Just seems like a whole lotta nothing to get upset over based on one interview with the head writer.
---
GAMEFAQS: The only place where the most pathetic members of society have a superiority complex.