This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

An individual whos personality is defined by their sexuality....

#81king_gimpyPosted 7/3/2014 3:40:00 PM
Orestes417 posted...
So many of these topics on the boards lately. Did True Blood rustle some jimmies?

What happened on TB?
---
There's an old sayin' down on the bayou that goes- BLEAH!
#82AnimorganimatePosted 7/3/2014 3:40:51 PM
Loshadt posted...
Animorganimate posted...
Hey everyone, come look at the plight of the straight man! See all that plight?! Just like the plight of a white male in America.

"Well ya' know, there's certain areas in America where being white might get you killed."

Damn, we whites have it rough. You mean there's "certain areas" that don't like us? How can that be?!

The ignorance and the white/straight-man syndrome in this thread is astounding. Just please stop letting your ignorance get in the way of basic human rights and acceptance, please.

Thank you for so aptly demonstrating the exact same point you tried to refute.

Oh don't worry, I still accept you despite your ignorance. And I don't even mind ignorant people in games. It makes it seem more realistic that way, since I know ignorant people make up a good percentage of our population (even closeted ignoramuses who hide behind straw man arguments to make their point appear less hateful).
---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
#83LoshadtPosted 7/3/2014 3:40:54 PM
The_Inebriator posted...
Honestly I thought they did a decent job with Steve and Samantha's sexuality in ME3. It wasn't in your face or over the top. Bioware can show some sloppy, lazy writing from time to time but I'll reserve judgement until I actually play the game. Just seems like a whole lotta nothing to get upset over based on one interview with the head writer.

Steve? "Oh the hunky space commander is coming my way better randomly bring up my dead husband to show that I am single, gay, and emotionally vulnerable. Oh and if you don't romance me I die"
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#84Orestes417Posted 7/3/2014 3:42:16 PM
king_gimpy posted...
Orestes417 posted...
So many of these topics on the boards lately. Did True Blood rustle some jimmies?

What happened on TB?

Uh... Graphic Jason/Eric sex scene and what appears to be a LaFayette and the new dude whose name I don't recall relationship.

On a related note, I really miss Jesus. Dude was a good character in a mess of a show. Should've kept him alive and killed Sookie.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#85kcdobbinsPosted 7/3/2014 3:45:26 PM
Loshadt posted...
The_Inebriator posted...
Honestly I thought they did a decent job with Steve and Samantha's sexuality in ME3. It wasn't in your face or over the top. Bioware can show some sloppy, lazy writing from time to time but I'll reserve judgement until I actually play the game. Just seems like a whole lotta nothing to get upset over based on one interview with the head writer.

Steve? "Oh the hunky space commander is coming my way better randomly bring up my dead husband to show that I am single, gay, and emotionally vulnerable. Oh and if you don't romance me I die"

In Steve's defense, Shepard was written to be pretty much sexually irresistible. That sexy beast could have laid a Reaper if he/she put his/her mind to it.
---
"You Killed the Guest."- Sifl-bot Sifl & Olly
We are the Mycon. We respond.
#86The_InebriatorPosted 7/3/2014 3:45:51 PM
Loshadt posted...
The_Inebriator posted...

Eh it didn't strike me as too forced. You only have so much time to develop a minor characters backstory in a game. And I never romanced him, but he never died either. I think that had to do with a paragon/renegade check, not whether or not you romanced him.
---
GAMEFAQS: The only place where the most pathetic members of society have a superiority complex.
#87AsellusPosted 7/3/2014 3:45:57 PM
... was this topic really so vitally necessary to have we needed another one?

Look, here's my thing. In a perfect world it would be nice if people reacted the same way to "I'm gay" as they would if you said "I like the color orange". In such a world you could probably expect that being gay would have no effect whatsoever on the person you developed into. Not everyone lives in such a perfect world however and even the more enlightened parts of the world today things would have been very different fifty, one-hundred, two-hundred years ago.

Saying "A character should not be defnied by their sexuality" is one thing but a number of people here seem to take righteous offense if a character's sexuality shapes any aspect of their character whatsoever and in a world where that sexuality ostracizes you it's hard to see how it *wouldn't* influence someone.
#88Internet_GolemPosted 7/3/2014 3:47:22 PM
Animorganimate posted...
WyzeGye posted...
JonWood007 posted...
Well, maybe people who are not striaght wouldn't make an identity out of their sexuality if they weren't discriminated against in the first place. Sometimes being told you're a horrible person for being X actually makes you take pride in the label. Kinda like me with atheism >_>.

That door swings both ways. There are circles where being heterosexual is an invitation to be ostracized.

Hey everyone, come look at the plight of the straight man! See all that plight?! Just like the plight of a white male in America.

"Well ya' know, there's certain areas in America where being white might get you killed."

Damn, we whites have it rough. You mean there's "certain areas" that don't like us? How can that be?!

The straight-man syndrome in this thread is astounding. Just please stop letting your ignorance get in the way of basic human rights and acceptance, please.

Are you implying the Black on white crime isn't higher despite federal statistics or that its okay for it to be higher because white people who are now dead were mean to black people? Are you implying that its okay to hate on white people or that it should be ignored complete?
#89Orestes417Posted 7/3/2014 3:48:05 PM
I look forward to an Altered Carbon-esque future where we can switch bodies as our cash flow allows making the people hung up on concepts like gay or straight go into convulsions before their heads implode from the ramifications.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#90Internet_GolemPosted 7/3/2014 3:49:25 PM
The_Inebriator posted...
Loshadt posted...
The_Inebriator posted...

Eh it didn't strike me as too forced. You only have so much time to develop a minor characters backstory in a game. And I never romanced him, but he never died either. I think that had to do with a paragon/renegade check, not whether or not you romanced him.

Samantha was done well. As far as I remember you have to hit on her for her to bring it up. Steve however never seemed to shut up about his dead husband. Like they clearly killed him off just so Steve could bring up being gay every 5 seconds.