This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need help with the Nvidia Shield.

#1AshWilliams78Posted 7/3/2014 11:16:48 AM
I haven't gotten my shield yet but I was wondering if my Router would be sufficient for PC Game Streaming?

I'm 100% that I exceed the PC specs requirement but I'm still not sure about the router.

http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Wireless-Router-N300-WNR2000/dp/B001AZP8EW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1404414719&sr=8-6&keywords=netgear

That's the one I have. Will I be able to stream PC games with that? If not can you guys recommend one that's not too expensive that'll do the trick?

In case anyone's wondering these are my PC specs.

Obsidian Series 250D Mini ITX PC Case
Windows 7 Ultimate 64BIT
Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor
Gigabyte Mini ITX Motherboard GA-Z77N-WIFI
Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 2 x 4 GB ) DDR3 1600
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD Primary
WD Black Desktop 1TB HDD Secondary
WD Green Desktop 2TB HDD Storage
EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 Graphics Card
Antec Earthwatt 650W Power Supply
---
Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this?
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#2Sora_AnbuPosted 7/3/2014 11:22:21 AM
Ouch... I don't think that router is up to snuff. But it might work. I'll test it out on my old N300 and let you know if no one else knows.
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
#3AshWilliams78(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 11:23:12 AM
Yeah, the router is a couple of years old. :(
---
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#4AshWilliams78(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 11:24:57 AM
Do you need to have a constant internet connection to stream PC games? My PC has Blutooth and Wi-Fi.
---
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#5Sora_AnbuPosted 7/3/2014 11:27:22 AM(edited)
My old router which was a dual band 900 (450 each band) didn't have too much issue with it, so it should work.
Should.

I've streamed without Internet access, but they've both got to be connected to the same router (same bands of they're both going wireless.) a hard wire is recommended for the computer, but as I've said, it works even if they're both wireless.
---
#6AshWilliams78(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 11:26:59 AM
Mines not a Dual Band though.
---
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#7Sora_AnbuPosted 7/3/2014 11:30:25 AM
Hmm iirc even when I had them both on the same bands streaming I only had hiccups when I got too far or when someone was trying to get access to my server.

It doesn't matter if it's dual band, but it's recommend as to not cause issues with other people on your network.
---
#8AshWilliams78(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 11:31:54 AM
Sora_Anbu posted...
My old router which was a dual band 900 (450 each band) didn't have too much issue with it, so it should work.
Should.

I've streamed without Internet access, but they've both got to be connected to the same router (same bands of they're both going wireless.) a hard wire is recommended for the computer, but as I've said, it works even if they're both wireless.

Oh. I've always been curious how that worked. I hope it all goes well. My PC is on the 2nd floor connected to a 25" monitor and I'd love to be able to play my PC games on my downstairs living room 50" HDTV with the Shield. :)
---
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#9AshWilliams78(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 11:32:24 AM
Sora_Anbu posted...
Hmm iirc even when I had them both on the same bands streaming I only had hiccups when I got too far or when someone was trying to get access to my server.

It doesn't matter if it's dual band, but it's recommend as to not cause issues with other people on your network.

Cool!
---
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#10Sora_AnbuPosted 7/3/2014 11:41:03 AM
AshWilliams78 posted...
Sora_Anbu posted...
Should.

Oh. I've always been curious how that worked. I hope it all goes well. My PC is on the 2nd floor connected to a 25" monitor and I'd love to be able to play my PC games on my downstairs living room 50" HDTV with the Shield. :)

I've got my pc connected to my 50 in TV upstairs lol, and I play my Shield from downstairs when my gf wants to cuddle on the couch.
---