This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shovel Knight is straight up a Nintendo game...

#1sonicteam2k1Posted 7/3/2014 11:47:29 AM
And it's sooo ooo oo o ooo awesome. I wouldn't even be mad if it stayed on a Nintendo console because man it really does feel that way. Also he would be cool as hell in smash bros. Nintendo should really buy these guys. I wish I had one of those retro controllers but they suck (I've had the SNES and NES ones, they're terrible)

Everyone should buy this game. Now where is the Nintendo Shovel Knight cereal?
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#2BuburibonPosted 7/3/2014 11:50:06 AM
I should probably buy it on the Wii U then, no joke.
---
Now Playing: Child Of Light (PC) | Watch_Dogs (PC) | Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC) | Mario Kart 8
#3BogePosted 7/3/2014 12:01:51 PM
I just don't understand this trend of making games with intentionally crappy graphics, sound, and music. If I wanted nostalgia, I'd just go play those TRUE old games.

Why can't these games have updated sounds, music, and high resolution graphics? I'm not talking Crysis quality, but at least forget about the pixels. Pixel art...there's a reason it was that way 25 years ago. It's because they could NOT do any better. Now people are intentionally making games with sucky graphics? I just don't understand the draw.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#4TimePharaohPosted 7/3/2014 12:03:07 PM
Boge posted...
I just don't understand this trend of making games with intentionally crappy graphics, sound, and music. If I wanted nostalgia, I'd just go play those TRUE old games.

Why can't these games have updated sounds, music, and high resolution graphics? I'm not talking Crysis quality, but at least forget about the pixels. Pixel art...there's a reason it was that way 25 years ago. It's because they could NOT do any better. Now people are intentionally making games with sucky graphics? I just don't understand the draw.

Because it makes all these kids feel edgy and artistic when they play it
#5Garage_ManPosted 7/3/2014 12:07:01 PM
Boge posted...

It is just a form of art. Why paint with a brush when you can use a PC and get 20x better quality, or even better yet use a camera.

I don't get it either but it is a type of art. Same as the music and to a degree how the game plays.

Pixel art is the same as anime and realistic graphics, or any form of stylized thing. You don't have to like it, just understand that some people like simplistic things. Nothing wrong with that.
#6sonicteam2k1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 12:09:17 PM
Boge posted...

because it's a Nintendo Entertainment System game.......
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#7jm1118Posted 7/3/2014 12:14:01 PM
Boge posted...

People have different tastes. I have a computer capable of playing the latest and greatest, but I find most of my time is spend emulating old SNES, PS1/2, etc. games. The graphics may be dated by now but it doesn't mean they lack charm; I really enjoy the old school pixel graphics. To each his own!
#8arstosPosted 7/3/2014 12:27:20 PM
jm1118 posted...
Boge posted...

People have different tastes. I have a computer capable of playing the latest and greatest, but I find most of my time is spend emulating old SNES, PS1/2, etc. games. The graphics may be dated by now but it doesn't mean they lack charm; I really enjoy the old school pixel graphics. To each his own!

This. Some of us just prefer it, especially when the main alternative is 3d models on a 2d plane which is just goofy looking imo
---
PSN:Dragonlibrarian Steam:Dragonlibrarian7 NNID:Dragonlibrarian
#9Erg0nPosted 7/3/2014 12:36:40 PM
Boge posted...

that's cause you were born in 2002
---
http://i.imgur.com/9Kj6EkR.gif
"The tragedy is not to die, but to be wasted." - Hannibal
#10BogePosted 7/3/2014 1:53:36 PM
Erg0n posted...
Boge posted...

that's cause you were born in 2002

Account Created Monday, July 9, 2001 3:30 PM

I do drive a delorian...wait...I can't drive if I was born in 2002...uh, When I'm older, I go back in time and give myself the technology to travel back in time with my bicycle.

So I went back in time to 2001 to create an account so by the time that 2014 came, It'd be 13 years old which is required to have an account...wait...

Gosh dangit! I'm not really 12 years old.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png