This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Former console gamers, why did you switch to PC gaming?

#1m-devil555Posted 7/3/2014 1:25:15 PM
What made you switch to PC gaming?
I will be building my first gaming PC soon, i will still use my consoles for certain games but my PC will be my main gaming platform. The reason for this is because eighth generation consoles have these new features which make them like a PC but not as good. Consoles just seem like weak PC's to me now.
#2SinisterSlayPosted 7/3/2014 1:25:55 PM
Much more JRPG's on PC than there are on console.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#3Ratchet611Posted 7/3/2014 1:29:00 PM
m-devil555 posted...
Consoles just seem like weak PC's to me now.

Pretty much just summed it up for me. I'm not entirely a PC gamer, though and still play on consoles quite a bit. Sooner or later though, I plan on switching entirely to PC gaming. Consoles nowadays try too hard to be computers, especially with all the F2P games they have, the constant game/software updates, and all the social media bullcrap they have now.
---
PC: FX-6100 | 8GB Patriot Gamer | HD 6870
#4MahoganyTooth92Posted 7/3/2014 1:29:47 PM
A PC gamer friend of the family saw how much I loved playing games, and offered to help build a gaming PC for me. I've never looked back.
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
#5m-devil555(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 1:30:17 PM
SinisterSlay posted...

Really? The reason I was going to keep my PS3 was because I thought it had more JRPG's than PC.
#6SinisterSlayPosted 7/3/2014 1:33:02 PM
m-devil555 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Really? The reason I was going to keep my PS3 was because I thought it had more JRPG's than PC.

The steam store search is kind of crappy but here.

http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/RPG/

That is a listing of most rpg's and JRPGs available just on steam.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#7Xtreme-VoidPosted 7/3/2014 1:33:06 PM
m-devil555 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

consoles still have much more JRPG library except XBOX360
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
i7 4790 | MSI GTX 780 Ti TF OC | 12 GB RAM | 3 TB HDD | Sony Bravia 40HX750 | Altec Lansing MX6021
#8DerPancakePosted 7/3/2014 1:35:04 PM
Cause I realized console games have no good games, I bought a WiiU cause I though Nintendo still had it, but no they don't.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#9qeoijlijwPosted 7/3/2014 1:36:02 PM
to craft badges
#10Puckswack12Posted 7/3/2014 1:40:05 PM
I didn't switch. Until Nintendo games are on pc anyway.
---
Yup