This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Former console gamers, why did you switch to PC gaming?

#61snesmaster40Posted 7/4/2014 10:58:32 AM
The games and the long term savings. Can't get games like Victoria 2 and Mount and Blade Warband on consoles.
---
Are we not men?
#62InferiorPeasantPosted 7/4/2014 11:01:52 AM
I switched to PC back in 2010. I started to notice the age of the PS3. In addition, I always wanted to be a PC gamer anyways because I always loved RTS games.
#63AcquirePosted 7/4/2014 11:02:19 AM
Better visuals/performance and mods. Most of the games I play on the PC are also on consoles, but I want the best experience, which only PCs can deliver. A nice side effect is that games are cheaper, but I tend to heavily offset that by my expensive hardware.
---
Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.
#64codyorrPosted 7/4/2014 4:34:29 PM
After we bought an actual PC. I still have my SNES plugged in though. 1985-1996 RIP. MAC occurred during that but it's hardly a computer at all.
#65SpazH3dPosted 7/4/2014 4:56:57 PM
I like the PC games more, and I just got fed up with the super expensive console games, and the pay to play online stuff (xbox live). It's really sad.
---
- My vision is augmented
#66darkstar4221Posted 7/4/2014 5:50:59 PM(edited)
I still play my consoles like my 3DS, PS3, PS2/PS1 and PSP. But I have no plans on buying 8th gen consoles or the Vita.

Just the fact that consoles were starting to cost as much as PCs, games were going up in price, as well as the controllers and accessories. The lack of user-freedom, mandatory kernel updates, updates that installed DRM in your system. The threat of being banned from PSN and XBL because you modded your console. Just a bunch anti-consumer business policies. Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft really don't give a damn about the consumer and they refuse to lower prices, and they wonder why no one in Japan is buying consoles anymore (that and all the inflation in Japan).

PCs are not perfect by any means but it's still a much more open platform, I don't have to deal with official controllers and accessories, games get cheaper faster, and if I need to test a game I can do it for "free" much easier.
#67InfinityZEROPosted 7/4/2014 6:10:59 PM
Ratchet611 posted...
m-devil555 posted...
Consoles just seem like weak PC's to me now.

Pretty much just summed it up for me. I'm not entirely a PC gamer, though and still play on consoles quite a bit. Sooner or later though, I plan on switching entirely to PC gaming. Consoles nowadays try too hard to be computers, especially with all the F2P games they have, the constant game/software updates, and all the social media bullcrap they have now.

Well now I don't need to retype my reason.
---
"Learn the lesson that George Lucas fails to learn: despite the fact that you created this series, it doesn't belong in your hands." Langis on Sonic
#68AnimeAddict2003Posted 7/5/2014 4:43:36 PM
Because my wife keeps moaning that I take over the tv too much with my consoles. So I bought a pc, I don't want to have to sit in the bedroom when I want to play a game, we still chat when I'm playing so a pc in the living room was the perfect solution.

And them steam sales!!
---
Fear cuts deeper than swords
Xbox GT: Atias85. Currently playing: Dark Souls 2.
#69Ame_no_MurakumoPosted 7/5/2014 4:47:18 PM
Didn't switch. I'm a console and PC gamer.
#70ChamillionLivePosted 7/5/2014 5:02:01 PM
AnimeAddict2003 posted...
Because my wife keeps moaning that I take over the tv too much with my consoles. So I bought a pc, I don't want to have to sit in the bedroom when I want to play a game, we still chat when I'm playing so a pc in the living room was the perfect solution.

And them steam sales!!

Similar situation, it's easier to game on my laptop without getting nagged about taking up the TV.
---
"C4 is not a substitute for a certified mechanic." - A_Hairy_Waffle