This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Former console gamers, why did you switch to PC gaming?

#71gwizzlerPosted 7/5/2014 6:06:36 PM
I was a console guy from the Nintendo to the 360/PS3. A number of factors made me go PC only.

1. Got tired of paying for XBL. Didn't see the need for it.

2. I use the PC to browse the internet, watch movies, etc. anyway, so I figured why not just spend a few $100 more and build a machine that is good for gaming?

3. Better graphics, mod support.

4. Cheaper games, better variety of games. Consoles have nothing on the sales that the PC has. I mean right now you can get all 4 Red Faction games and the DLC for Armageddon on Amazon for $6.

5. Keyboard and mouse precision + the ability to use controllers as well.

6. The final nail in the coffin was the DRM BS Microsoft tried to pull, along with no BC for XB1 or PS4.
---
"If the animals can find the strength, why can't we?" - Casey Foster
#72John325Posted 7/5/2014 6:11:20 PM
Mostly because as every gen passes consoles get fewer and fewer exclusives and more and more headaches. When you can 95% of the same games but better for a fraction of the cost with full controller support, what's the point? Nintendo consoles are the only ones worth it anymore. If Final Fantasy 15 and Kingdom Hearts 3 get PC ports as rumored I'll have no reason to get a PS4 or XB1.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=john325
http://drawception.com/player/61666/john-why/
#73m-devil555(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2014 9:30:50 PM
Bane766 posted...
I still play my consoles a lil bit, but I have yet to get one of the next gen consoles. They don't have any great games out for them, that aren't on PC. Once a good RPG comes out for PS4, that isn't on PC, I'll prob get the system. Until then, it's PC for me.

I regret buying the PS4 because I don't really use it and it'll probably be very rarely used until bloodborne comes out.
#74m-devil555(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2014 9:45:58 PM
snesmaster40 posted...
The games and the long term savings.

This is what's making me switch as well, many people say pc's are more expensive than consoles but there not really because the average normal pc is around $650 while the average gaming pc is around $900, only $250 more for the gaming and everything else your paying for is what a normal PC can do, so gaming PC can be cheaper from the start not in the long term.
#75m-devil555(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2014 9:49:17 PM
InferiorPeasant posted...
I always wanted to be a PC gamer anyways because I always loved RTS games.

I played a lot of games I didn't realise I'd like so much and all of them were apparently better on PC, such as xcom:EU and dragon age origins, if my favourites are better on pc than I might as well get a pc.
#76Perfect LightPosted 7/5/2014 9:59:26 PM
Steam, mainly. That and I like the openness of the platform.
---
Now Playing: Torchlight II
Waiting: Dragon Age Inquisition, Grand Theft Auto V, Batman Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
#77MyDogSkipPosted 7/5/2014 10:01:53 PM
I still game on consoles for exclusives. I built a PC to have a better experience with multiplats and save money on them.
---
Don't trust the smiling penguin!
http://backloggery.com/mydogskip93
#78grampamurkedPosted 7/5/2014 10:20:34 PM
Wider variety of games. I still only play shooters on console as I'm terrible with m/k and at my age I don't have the patience to learn controls all over again
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU
#79TitanStrikePosted 7/5/2014 10:41:01 PM
Free online, more/cheaper games, more indie games, more big games with more content (ie terraria is better on PC, Minecraft is better on PC)

idgaf about performance etc. If I could run all my games at a perfect 30 FPS (like most games do on consoles, most of the time. i mean, setting off 40 fusion coils isn't going to be fun for the framerate no matter what) then I would be very happy.

Then again, maybe that'll change once I upgrade from pooptop to something that's actually good.
---
oxxxx|==============> || halomonkey1_3_5 (El Pika) said... exec poop
MC, Steam ID, most other IGN's: KITTYONFYRE
#80BeknessPosted 7/5/2014 11:38:14 PM
Wouldn't exactly say I "switched" because I still game on console, but primarily PC.

Mostly for the prices, and I just thought Steam looked cool.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/ R<3B xx
Babes & I Now Reading - It's Not Rocket Science