This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Former console gamers, why did you switch to PC gaming?

#91ntstambo2Posted 7/10/2014 3:28:07 AM
I picked up an XB1 (paper weight) and a PS4 at launch and was using my 1st gen i7/600 series PC to play D3 mainly prior to that. I then played literally everything that came out on PS4 until recently when I bought a new high end PC. I switched because I like to play games completely maxed out and I can also install mods. I also started playing an MMO again. I also have a high end TV, so the new PC now sits in my man cave living room. I'm using one of my XB1 controllers with it. Add in Steam Big Picture and I finally have a TRUE next gen console. I'll still play exclusives and sports games on the other systems.
---
Les Baer HW Mono, HK P30L, Beretta 96 Centurion, Daniel Defense M4 LW, Kel Tec RFB, HK USC/UMP Conversion, Beretta AL390
#92AsellusPosted 7/10/2014 4:31:16 AM
Convenience of having all your games accessible from one machine, the fact that between mods and multiplayer I always felt like I got more value out of pc games than console ones, not having to pay for access to multiplayer, and backwards compatibility.
#93KOTRwhoopsPosted 7/10/2014 4:47:01 AM
I only got my first gaming PC back in October 2012, up to then I was nearly exclusively a console gamer, expect for the odd RTS, the Football Manager series and Tycoon games. To be honest I was 100% content with console gaming until about 2010, after I had finished university. The main reasons for me:

- I had been in a job for 2 years after uni and had enough money to build a beast and pay for it myself outright.
- I was getting fed up with the PS3/360 generation of games, the PS4 and Xboner came too late.
- To play Xenoblade and other Wii games I owned in HD glory, as well as PS2 games.

Secondary Reasons:
- Building a PC from scratch was something that excited me, I love messing around with settings and parts.
- More niche games
- Much better gaming performance, especiaily graphics.
- The prospect of modding Skyrim

Glad I did it, I will always game on consoles... Well until JPN games all make it to PC.
---
PLAYING - LOZ: Link Between Worlds (3DS), Dark Souls: PTD (PC), Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
PSN / XBL / NN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555
#94iiFroZenHeAveNzPosted 7/10/2014 5:43:29 AM
Well one day I woke up and realized... With $430 dollars I could have used that towards a very good GPU. I also realized that most PS4 games are well.. $65 including tax. That's a whopper. So, long term I thought I would save myself money. I turned my PS4 into a platform where I would play games that would not be made for PC (i.e. Destiny). It took me too long to make this realization but when I did, I put money into renovating my current PC and got new parts for it.
---
AMD FX-8350 4.0Ghz | Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 | 8GB G.Skill Ares DDR3-1600 | EVGA 770 2GB SC ACX | 1TB WD Blue Caviar | CM HAF 912 |
#95DawnshadowPosted 7/10/2014 7:59:23 AM
After my Sega Genesis died, my parents refused outright to buy another console. I had a computer, the computer had games, I should play games on it.

Note that this was decidedly NOT a gaming computer, so I didn't have many games. I was, at the time, too young to have a job, though, so I was stuck with it. It was enough to get me to stick with a PC over consoles once I got a job, though.
---
*Turn Evil can now be cast on players. When used, it applies a small goatee and causes them to explain their diabolical plans while steepling their fingers.