This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Former console gamers, why did you switch to PC gaming?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Former console gamers, why did you switch to PC gaming?
1 year ago#91
I picked up an XB1 (paper weight) and a PS4 at launch and was using my 1st gen i7/600 series PC to play D3 mainly prior to that. I then played literally everything that came out on PS4 until recently when I bought a new high end PC. I switched because I like to play games completely maxed out and I can also install mods. I also started playing an MMO again. I also have a high end TV, so the new PC now sits in my man cave living room. I'm using one of my XB1 controllers with it. Add in Steam Big Picture and I finally have a TRUE next gen console. I'll still play exclusives and sports games on the other systems.
---
Les Baer HW Mono, HK P30L, Beretta 96 Centurion, Daniel Defense M4 LW, Kel Tec RFB, HK USC/UMP Conversion, Beretta AL390
1 year ago#92
Convenience of having all your games accessible from one machine, the fact that between mods and multiplayer I always felt like I got more value out of pc games than console ones, not having to pay for access to multiplayer, and backwards compatibility.
1 year ago#93
I only got my first gaming PC back in October 2012, up to then I was nearly exclusively a console gamer, expect for the odd RTS, the Football Manager series and Tycoon games. To be honest I was 100% content with console gaming until about 2010, after I had finished university. The main reasons for me:

- I had been in a job for 2 years after uni and had enough money to build a beast and pay for it myself outright.
- I was getting fed up with the PS3/360 generation of games, the PS4 and Xboner came too late.
- To play Xenoblade and other Wii games I owned in HD glory, as well as PS2 games.

Secondary Reasons:
- Building a PC from scratch was something that excited me, I love messing around with settings and parts.
- More niche games
- Much better gaming performance, especiaily graphics.
- The prospect of modding Skyrim

Glad I did it, I will always game on consoles... Well until JPN games all make it to PC.
---
PLAYING - LOZ: Link Between Worlds (3DS), Dark Souls: PTD (PC), Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
PSN / XBL / NN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555
1 year ago#94
Well one day I woke up and realized... With $430 dollars I could have used that towards a very good GPU. I also realized that most PS4 games are well.. $65 including tax. That's a whopper. So, long term I thought I would save myself money. I turned my PS4 into a platform where I would play games that would not be made for PC (i.e. Destiny). It took me too long to make this realization but when I did, I put money into renovating my current PC and got new parts for it.
---
AMD FX-8350 4.0Ghz | Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 | 8GB G.Skill Ares DDR3-1600 | EVGA 770 2GB SC ACX | 1TB WD Blue Caviar | CM HAF 912 |
1 year ago#95
After my Sega Genesis died, my parents refused outright to buy another console. I had a computer, the computer had games, I should play games on it.

Note that this was decidedly NOT a gaming computer, so I didn't have many games. I was, at the time, too young to have a job, though, so I was stuck with it. It was enough to get me to stick with a PC over consoles once I got a job, though.
---
*Turn Evil can now be cast on players. When used, it applies a small goatee and causes them to explain their diabolical plans while steepling their fingers.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Former console gamers, why did you switch to PC gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived