This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think Crytek will go out of business?

#1LinkinLawgPosted 7/3/2014 2:48:35 PM
Do you think Crytek will go out of business? - Results (130 votes)
Yes, their recent bad business practices caught up with them
21.54% (28 votes)
Yes, I think they are in too deep of a hole to get out of
23.08% (30 votes)
Maybe, they may be able to recover
19.23% (25 votes)
No, they will close some studios and make other cutbacks and will recover
18.46% (24 votes)
No, they will offer incentives to get more developers to use CryEngine
6.15% (8 votes)
No, they aren't in any sort of financial crisis
7.69% (10 votes)
Other
3.85% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
With all the news about Crytek lately, I'm wondering if they're going to be able to stay afloat. It looks like Homefront: The Revolution may be on hiatus now:

http://kotaku.com/sources-crytek-uks-staff-are-currently-on-leave-1599923133
---
PSN: LinkinLawg - PS4
Not changing this sig until I feel like it
#2NingishzidaPosted 7/3/2014 2:53:38 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3TheEntitledOnePosted 7/3/2014 2:57:55 PM
Voted yes. Throughout history, that's what game devs tend to do. In fact, I believe tons of gaming companies have been going out of business in recent years.
---
I got your number! I got all your numbers!
#4LinkinLawg(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 3:00:30 PM
They developed for consoles to reach a bigger market. If you limit yourself to only one platform, you're missing out on huge potential sales. And when your games require high end hardware, your market is further decreased. Most articles that I read say that Ryse is to blame, which was a bad idea to make an exclusive to the inferior console. I also think that Crytek going into free-to-play is also to blame. Looks like Warface is bombing on Steam.
---
#5TheLastOfCrustPosted 7/3/2014 3:04:18 PM
They deny their financial status, although a lot of things say otherwise. I hope they don't go down though, I like some of their games.
#6NemerlightPosted 7/3/2014 3:18:48 PM
Only played Crysis 1. Nice graphics but average game otherwise. I also played mobile game they released but it was terrible.
---
Miami Heat not champions of 2014.
http://i.imgur.com/m52Q7Rt.gif
#7godplaysSNESPosted 7/3/2014 3:42:16 PM
LinkinLawg posted...
They developed for consoles to reach a bigger market. If you limit yourself to only one platform, you're missing out on huge potential sales. And when your games require high end hardware, your market is further decreased. Most articles that I read say that Ryse is to blame, which was a bad idea to make an exclusive to the inferior console. I also think that Crytek going into free-to-play is also to blame. Looks like Warface is bombing on Steam.

If Ryse is the reason, it just goes to show that Crytek can't do business.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#8jernasPosted 7/3/2014 3:43:47 PM
Yes and good riddance.
---
uh
#9LinkinLawg(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 3:55:04 PM(edited)
godplaysSNES posted...
LinkinLawg posted...

If Ryse is the reason, it just goes to show that Crytek can't do business.

They cancelled the Ryse sequel becuase they didn't want to sell the IP to Microsoft. And the game sold poorly so I don't see the point in making one. Crytek sold the Far Cry IP to Ubisoft, and look how it turned out. I think Crysis 3 being only on Origin for PC was another blow to the game, but that's EA's fault, not Crytek's.
---
#10Englandfc1966Posted 7/3/2014 5:21:29 PM(edited)
They bought free radical and didn't make time splitters 4.. they deserve to go out of business for that crime against humanity.
---
Steam: Buffalosoulja