This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it worth returning my FX 6300 for an i3?

#21DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/4/2014 3:56:07 PM
The results would be the same because we're comparing modern CPUs to, essentially, CPUs from the early 2000s.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#22The_Count_FooPosted 7/4/2014 4:46:46 PM
No. Just buy an aftermarket cooler like a 212 evo and do some reading on overclocking. FX CPUs overclock like champs.
---
Divided by night...
#23Garage_ManPosted 7/4/2014 4:56:03 PM
I'd keep it. The i3 is only going to win in single threaded games...which are becoming less common. The AMD will be more "future proof" if you will.
#24DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/4/2014 5:59:18 PM
Garage_Man posted...
I'd keep it. The i3 is only going to win in single threaded games...which are becoming less common. The AMD will be more "future proof" if you will.

Actually, the i3 wins in dual and most quad threaded games, and will continue to perform better in games that are more demanding on one thread than others, which is pretty normal.

The_Count_Foo posted...
No. Just buy an aftermarket cooler like a 212 evo and do some reading on overclocking. FX CPUs overclock like champs.

Only with a decent motherboard.
A budget board would probably top out at 4ghz, ~15% over stock, assuming you don't factor in boost, which would make that even less significant, assuming it actually works now.
Not really gonna turn those single digit lows around.
---
#25Pengu1nPosted 7/5/2014 2:20:38 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
The results would be the same because we're comparing modern CPUs to, essentially, CPUs from the early 2000s.

No they wouldn't. As i said before intel pay people off to fake benchmark scores. They also pay off software makers to cripple performance on AMD PC's. If we took that BS out of the equation the results would be very very different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCrOAng0kdQ

The intel was faster in the video but only by 1:24 seconds that that was an i7 against a 2010 AMD Phenom 2 X6.
---
FX 6300, HYPER 212 EVO, 16GB DDR3, 7870 GHZ 2GB, 2TB HDD, 64 GB SATA III SSD, 12X BLU RAY, 750W PSU, X-FI FATAL1TY,WINDOWS 7
#26IntegnosPosted 7/5/2014 2:39:27 AM
Garage_Man posted...

I heard this line of argument a lot with the Phenom II X6, 4 years ago. There was nothing "future proof" about the Phenom II X6, and there is nothing "future proof" about the FX 6300. People could've saved themselves $30-60 by grabbing a Phenom II X4, AND gotten better gaming performance out of it.(X4s were clocked higher than X6s).
#27Lonestar2000Posted 7/5/2014 3:01:29 AM
Pengu1n posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

No they wouldn't. As i said before intel pay people off to fake benchmark scores. They also pay off software makers to cripple performance on AMD PC's. If we took that BS out of the equation the results would be very very different.

The intel was faster in the video but only by 1:24 seconds that that was an i7 against a 2010 AMD Phenom 2 X6.

Is this goober really trying to compare video rendering to gaming?
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#28godplaysSNESPosted 7/5/2014 3:38:41 AM
Integnos posted...
Garage_Man posted...

I heard this line of argument a lot with the Phenom II X6, 4 years ago. There was nothing "future proof" about the Phenom II X6, and there is nothing "future proof" about the FX 6300. People could've saved themselves $30-60 by grabbing a Phenom II X4, AND gotten better gaming performance out of it.(X4s were clocked higher than X6s).

The Phenom II X6s are performing better than the Phenom II X4s in games that do use more than four cores/threads.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#29DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/5/2014 3:55:07 AM
Pengu1n posted...

Single program rendering video being used to compare gaming performance.
GG AMD fanboys.
---
#30BannedMomPosted 7/5/2014 4:53:07 AM
So many noobs here don't know jack about mobo quality and OC.
---
I5-4440 - Asrock H81M - Zotac 750Ti - CM N200 = Future Emulation and Gaming Build @ 1600 x 900
PS3_PS2_PS1 Master.