This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best co op steam games

#132x2zPosted 7/4/2014 1:09:47 AM
I will be playing with my fiancee and she really hasn't ventured past mario and all the gimmicky wii games save the streets of rage series for genesis. Recommend me some good co-op games for steam. My specs are in my signature. Her specs are as follows. She doesn't have a heavy duty gaming machine, but I think it would be decent for some steam games especially on a budget.

AMD Sempron 3850 Kabini Quad-Core 1.3GHz
MSI R7 260 1GD5 OC 1GB
4GB DDR3 Ram 1600MHZ
64GB SSD + 500GB HDD for storage.
Windows 7 (she's inbetween not being tech savy and tech savy)

The resolution that will be played at is 1080P. Games we have played and beaten together is Streets of Rage 1-3 and a few Mario games on the wii. Anything co-op we can learn so could be RTS's ect. I've been gaming since I could hold a controller so I enjoy most platforms excluding sports.
---
APEVIA X-Hermes--CORSAIR H75--G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB-- ADATA SSD 128GB--AMD FX 8320 Black Edition @ 4.1ghz--Powercolor 2GB 7850 @ 1050/1450--Asus Xonar DGX.
#2TrunksTheMighty1Posted 7/4/2014 1:16:53 AM
I would recommend Sid Meiers Civilization V, if that sort of thing is your cup of tea. You can get lost in that game for hours and never realize it.

Torchlight 1 and 2 are good.
Divinity: Original Sin new, but fun.
Left 4 Dead very fun
Saints Row 2-3-4 hilariously good time
Terraria. Addictive as heck
Borderlands 1 and 2 Just plain fun

And that's just about all I can think of off the top of my head.

If you want a complete list go into Steam > Hover over games > click "See popular tags" > scroll down to co-op. That's a list of all the cooperative games available.
---
Only as you grasp your dying breath shall you understand, your life amounted to only one drop in a limitless ocean.
#332x2z(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2014 1:23:12 AM
TrunksTheMighty1 posted...
I would recommend Sid Meiers Civilization V, if that sort of thing is your cup of tea. You can get lost in that game for hours and never realize it.

Left 4 Dead very fun

If you want a complete list go into Steam > Hover over games > click "See popular tags" > scroll down to co-op. That's a list of all the cooperative games available.

Wow I never even knew they had that list in steam. Thanks for the opinions though. If anyone else wants to chime in I would definitely appreciate it.
---
APEVIA X-Hermes--CORSAIR H75--G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB-- ADATA SSD 128GB--AMD FX 8320 Black Edition @ 4.1ghz--Powercolor 2GB 7850 @ 1050/1450--Asus Xonar DGX.
#4TrunksTheMighty1Posted 7/4/2014 1:26:05 AM
32x2z posted...
TrunksTheMighty1 posted...

Left 4 Dead very fun

Wow I never even knew they had that list in steam. Thanks for the opinions though. If anyone else wants to chime in I would definitely appreciate it.

No problem. It is a recent feature. I found it useful when looking for coop games to play with friends. :)
---
Only as you grasp your dying breath shall you understand, your life amounted to only one drop in a limitless ocean.
#5sauruschamp1Posted 7/4/2014 1:27:20 AM
yer saints row and left 4 dead also killing floor. There is also a mod for halflife that allows you to play through the first one and the 2 expansions in coop. Lord of the rings war in the north has multi-player. there are quite a few others but I think TrunksTheMighty1 got all the main ones.
---
Xbox GT: Zarosian 3DS ID: 1848-2118-1570
Origin and SteamID: Zarosio
#6NocurefordeathPosted 7/4/2014 1:33:06 AM
Magicka.

I laughed so hard playing that game with 3 friends my jaw was actually aching by the end.
#7Phrostbyte101Posted 7/4/2014 1:44:43 AM
Marvel heroes //payday 2 // killing floor // dungeon defenders // orcs must die 2 // battleblock theatre // dawn of war 2 series
#8SnadadosPosted 7/4/2014 2:12:15 AM
Mercenary Kings.
Portal 2.
Rayman Legends.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#9ClouddxPosted 7/4/2014 2:21:48 AM
Metal Slug 3
Forced
Serious Sam Series
Portal 2
Castle Crashers
Awesomenauts
Borderlands 1/2
Trine 2
Resident Evil 5/6
Orcs Must Die 2
Wanderlust: Rebirth
FEAR3
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Double Dragon: Neon
Dungeon Defenders
Titan Quest
Obscure 1/2(Only Local Co-OP)
Jamestown
Divinity: Original Sin
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
Broforce
Planet Explorers <- Really enjoying this game
Starbound
Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie
System Shock 2
Sanctum 2
Far Cry 3
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#10MahoganyTooth92Posted 7/4/2014 2:25:07 AM
I've quite liked the co-op in Battleblocks theater
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8