This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How well does pc gaming work on plasma tvs?

#11castrejon04Posted 7/4/2014 2:20:49 PM
I have an ST60 as well, and no problems at all with gaming. Games look better on a Plasma especially when AA is not needed in most cases.
---
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa
#12TheWayOfTheGunPosted 7/4/2014 2:23:34 PM(edited)
Lvthn posted...
It's good for any console port, and good for most games that don't have persistent UI, or drop them regularly for scenes. Latency isn't a big problem, at least no worse than it would be gaming from a console, and image burn-in hasn't been a problem for me, but I only play the above types of games.

Do not play MMOs, RTS, or 4X type games on TV, you're begging for UI burn in.

Also, FPS and other PvP games, the latency may bother you.

The Panasonics are more prone than the Samsungs. I have played Left4Dead 2 since it came out and I got actual burn-in from it on my VT50. I played it right out the gate on my F8500 and I don't even get image retention. I think it's mostly to due with the brightness of the F8500. Brighter whites make it easier to wash the screen efficiently.

Plus, it doesn't hurt that the Best Buy warranty covers burn-in.
---
When asked if I am working hard or hardly working, I always respond in truth. I am simply working hard at hardly working.
#13LvthnPosted 7/4/2014 2:40:00 PM
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Lvthn posted...
It's good for any console port, and good for most games that don't have persistent UI, or drop them regularly for scenes. Latency isn't a big problem, at least no worse than it would be gaming from a console, and image burn-in hasn't been a problem for me, but I only play the above types of games.

Do not play MMOs, RTS, or 4X type games on TV, you're begging for UI burn in.

Also, FPS and other PvP games, the latency may bother you.

The Panasonics are more prone than the Samsungs. I have played Left4Dead 2 since it came out and I got actual burn-in from it on my VT50. I played it right out the gate on my F8500 and I don't even get image retention. I think it's mostly to due with the brightness of the F8500. Brighter whites make it easier to wash the screen efficiently.

Plus, it doesn't hurt that the Best Buy warranty covers burn-in.

I'm running a Samsung 60" plasma.

Only game I saw burn in on was Skyrim and that was the compass. That washed within a few days.

I should probably clarify, I don't just play those games, but that's all I play on the TV now. Besides, games with lots of text scale pretty badly. Civilization is unplayable, for example. But I'd recommend TV play just fine for controller games. Assassin's Creed is more fun on a TV for sure.
#14Killah PriestPosted 7/5/2014 6:01:53 AM
Everyone that owns a plasma gets image retention, you either notice it or not.

Samsungs are not immune or better than Panasonics.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#15SinisterSlayPosted 7/5/2014 7:54:06 PM
With skyrim you can adjust the ui transparency. Just make it more transparent then it won't burn.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence