This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Damn.... that is all.

#21Lonestar2000Posted 7/5/2014 4:13:43 AM
Still don't get why people watch streams and donate money.
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#22SteelWingKnightPosted 7/5/2014 4:52:10 AM
At my last job I earned a bit under $2000 a month... Of course $5000 is a LOT of money.

Lonestar2000 posted...

Why watch?

When I play MMOs and queue for PVP or group finder, its something to keep me occupied during the wait.

You can also learn from it by watching high level players playing what you play (SC2 especially, but goes for any PVP game.

Why people donate?

No idea...
---
~I wish that this night time ~ Would last for a life time~
Now Playing: SWTOR (still), Pokemon X
#23Hi CPosted 7/5/2014 5:57:19 AM
JKatarn posted...
Hi C posted...
Kid got gifted $10k in that video and is like "this is the most money I ever saw".

I made that Ebaying level 50 accounts in Everquest in like a month in 1999 not counting individual items.

I'm sure that was a very rewarding and personally fulfilling career for you.

Success = (Income / work) = reward

Scrubs live by arbitrary rules like what does and does not constitute a "real career".
#24R i c kPosted 7/5/2014 6:05:40 AM
YouTube tip jar can't come fast enough... *crosses fingers* lol
---
The SilentCaay Channel - www.youtube.com/user/silentcaay
Competitive gaming featuring APB: Reloaded and others. Tune in!
#25ThePCElitistPosted 7/5/2014 6:25:19 AM(edited)
Lonestar2000 posted...

Why do people tip? Because you enjoyed their service. It's the same concept. Sites that stream are an entertainment service and if you support a particular person or persons you might tip them to keep them going. Because these people don't do it got free and they depend on money to support themselves.
---
When I'm Miq'ote
http://youtu.be/h3LGf9SSWrU
#26AnatomyHorrorPosted 7/5/2014 6:25:35 AM
I'd say twitch is easier to make money off of than youtube at this point. I see people streaming as their job and they only get 50-100 viewers. I know they're not making ridiculous money but some of the streamers with thousands of viewers at all times are making thousands of dollars a month. I have no idea why people donate but it's great that they do.
#27SneakiestNegPosted 7/5/2014 6:45:26 AM
Oh god I hate tipping. I always forget that people in NYC don't make a living wage. In my country you give 5 euro at most, most people waiting tables are students anyway.
#28ShubPosted 7/5/2014 6:47:21 AM
SneakiestNeg posted...
Oh god I hate tipping. I always forget that people in NYC don't make a living wage. In my country you give 5 euro at most, most people waiting tables are students anyway.

It's not just NYC, it's an American thing. I wish it would go away.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#29ThePCElitistPosted 7/5/2014 7:29:19 AM
SneakiestNeg posted...

In the usa most people waiting tables that is their full time job and they're not students. They make less than 3 an hour and live off tips. If you don't leave a tip they don't make enough to live.
---
When I'm Miq'ote
http://youtu.be/h3LGf9SSWrU
#30DarkfireAxelPosted 7/5/2014 7:47:24 AM
Inb4 it's some kind of "savewalterwhite.com"

Drug lord detected.
---
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening.
But heed his lesson well, Arisen, for when the weak court death, they find it."