This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I regret not buying Skyrim

#41Arn544Posted 7/4/2014 7:34:51 PM
28$ for Elder Scrolls anthology (entire series and DLC) at walmart.com
#42-5xad0w-Posted 7/4/2014 8:15:38 PM
CommonJoe posted...
Its not that great.

Clearly you haven't accepted that you will end up on an FBI watch anyways someday and converted it into a loli sim:

http://iichan.hk/vg/src/1360399603104.jpg
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#43ChronoAcePosted 7/4/2014 8:21:52 PM(edited)
I have put about 100 hours into Skyrim, about half with no mods and half with a bunch of mods + ENB. Its a good game but the combat is just too mediocre to really enjoy it for long stretches of time.
#44TheNazzaroPosted 7/4/2014 8:24:36 PM
I liked the game a lot, for the exploring and stuff. Even though every cave looks completely identical, it was somehow fun. The combat was clunky but I mostly just sneak shot enemies with a bow from a mile away.
---
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheNazzaro
#45squall567Posted 7/4/2014 8:24:42 PM
MisTaCowCow posted...
Digital_S posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
CommonJoe posted...
Its not that great.

I bought the vanilla off the Steam sale because of how many great reviews it got. In my opinion, it's not that great. Played about 3 hours and don't really want to play anymore

Well, clearly you missed the point about buying the game on PC.
#46Offworlder1Posted 7/4/2014 8:39:37 PM
LMAO at people thinking TES IV:Oblivion is better then TES V:Skyrim, I played both and after getting past the first dungeon and into the first city I was bored as crap of that game, years later a week before Skyrim came out I tried it again and got to the part where you find an important lost lost character. It was better the second time but still not "wow this game is epic" so I returned it and bought Skyrim.

I never got bored of Skyrim, it is the only TES game I can say is fun and worth getting full price at launch, Oblivion was better then Morrowind atleast though.

Some might claim Skyrim made the series for casuals but it beats the wall of text, lack luster gameplay, and "where the hell do I go ?!" of Morrowind.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#47EdgeofDarknessPosted 7/4/2014 8:40:30 PM
I played the vanilla version for a bit back when it released and moderately enjoyed it but I've only ever beaten it once. When the steam sale came around I decided to pick the the legendary edition for the DLC and now I have a computer that can run the game with 100 graphical mods and I'm actually quite enjoying it the second time around. Its almost a positive in this case that the story line and areas were so forgettable because now that I'm playing it again after all this time I hardy remember anything so its almost like a fresh playthrough.
#48GoldninjaPosted 7/4/2014 8:42:27 PM
People here bag on Fallout 3 as well and I enjoyed the hell out of that game. It seeems like people are more vocal about Bethesda games around here. Going to get Skyrim regardless though.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#49amakusa_114Posted 7/4/2014 8:43:15 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#50PyjamaHeroPosted 7/4/2014 8:44:27 PM
I feel sorry for all the condescending trash that can't just let people enjoy themselves. I put 100+ hours into Skyrim completely mod free and enjoyed myself.

Your opinions mean less than nothing if you can only express them by disparaging others.
---
"But I am I. And I won't subordinate my taste to the unanimous judgment of mankind."
View contact info for ALL systems in my user profile.