This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I regret not buying Skyrim

#61Bmvc1Posted 7/4/2014 10:21:32 PM
Ningishzida posted...
Halo05 posted...
I still go into it and mess around from time to time.

Exactly, it wasn't made for gamers, but for casuals who just want a little fickle interaction with clunky mechanics, in a large, bland and empty world devoid of challenge.

You're so edgy
#62djimenez0628Posted 7/4/2014 10:28:42 PM
Then go buy it. It's 20 bucks pretty much everywhere and u can usually find it cheaper than that
---
Tim Bisley (Simon Pegg): As far back as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a graphic artist.
#63wanderzPosted 7/4/2014 10:32:05 PM
the first time i played it, back in 2012, i said the same as a lot of people here.. "i don't get the hype"
the first couple hours are indeed rather boring.

decided to try it again when i got the 360 version dirt cheap... ended up putting around 300 hours into a couple characters.

now i bought the pc legendary version on the steam sale and already have about 50 hours into that with about 10 content mods.

immersive weapons and armor adds literally hundreds of new armor and weapon items.

orbis.. bandit overhaul adds a lot more content in the way of enemy content with different factions of bandits.

sperg, follower overhaul, and vilja make traveling more interesting.

vilja is the best companion / follower i've seen in any game, 4000 custom spoken lines (including conversing with other npcs), her own quests, many subjects of conversation, plays instruments and sings.
---
i tried being serious once, in 1989.. didn't particularly care for it.. so don't expect it to happen again.
#64MasterDarkenPosted 7/4/2014 10:37:04 PM
I don't. Never once did I enjoy it when I tried it out and I won't ever like that horrible experiment.

Looking forward to the eventual return of Elder Scrolls, back to the good times and not the bull FPS stuff.
#65CommonJoePosted 7/4/2014 10:54:53 PM
The fact that nearly every discussion about someone buying Skyrim inevitably comes with notes on which mods to get says a lot about the quality of the vanilla experience.

Fact of the matter is, mods don't matter*. The game can only truly be judged by how it is out of the box, and out of the box Skyrim really isn't that great unless you've literally never played this sort of game before. (which includes an absurd portion of the people who praise it)

As someone whose played ES games since Daggerfall, I found that I was only able to go about 20 hours in before I had to start finding mods to keep me interested. Whereas with the other games I could go upwards of 2000 hours before I even touched mods.

But even if you count mods, mods don't fix whats wrong with Skyrim. They make the good parts better, but everything bad is still bad, if not worse, what with the quality everywhere else going up. Vanilla quests and dungeons in particular, which make up most of the gameplay even with mods, are still terrible and very few have made attempts at making them better, with the most admirable being half-finished.

*The only time mods should be counted is if they completely change how the game is. Like for instance, ARMA 2 isn't that amazing of a game, but with the DayZ mod its incredible.
---
Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2. Lets revitalize this game eh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FUge6ghaIo&hd=1
#66NingishzidaPosted 7/4/2014 11:33:36 PM
^ Agreed!

Also, if you can't understand the opening post in this topic and can't acknowledge the merit of the argument, you simply aren't a gamer, or you lack a faculty of reason.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/69549527

I basically laid bare in that topic why Skyrim isn't worth playing. And mods can only fix so much, as the above poster said.

Also, the Creation Kit is useless compared Oblivion's. It didn't even work when it got released, and it's a nightmare to do anything on, ask even Oblivion's accomplished, god-tier modders. Therefore, nothing short of a total conversion remake a la Oblivion's Nehrim, can make Skyrim not the worst laughing stock and thing of shame, ever. It will always be bad no matter what, though - the engine Bethesda pig-headedly keep using ensures that, for all-time.
#67Rodders_Posted 7/4/2014 11:41:55 PM
Your better off that you didn't buy it otherwise you would have no life right now.
#68F1areaGamanPosted 7/5/2014 12:20:56 AM
PyjamaHero posted...
I feel sorry for all the condescending trash that can't just let people enjoy themselves. I put 100+ hours into Skyrim completely mod free and enjoyed myself.

Your opinions mean less than nothing if you can only express them by disparaging others.

Listen to this guy. Don't make the internet suck, guys.

Anyway yeah even at 40 bucks I'd say it's worth it the game is insane, if you can get into it.
---
3DS FC: 4656-7003-5457
#69TheBorderColliePosted 7/5/2014 12:23:34 AM
Ningishzida posted...
Halo05 posted...
I still go into it and mess around from time to time.

Exactly, it wasn't made for gamers, but for casuals who just want a little fickle interaction with clunky mechanics, in a large, bland and empty world devoid of challenge.

LOL.

No.
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
# of trolling Inbox messages deleted - without reading them - and users reported / banned: 11 :)
#70Lemur_HPosted 7/5/2014 12:45:31 AM
CommonJoe posted...
ARMA 2 isn't that amazing of a game, but with the DayZ mod its incredible.

Continue to post like your opinion is fact. That's all I see you do.