This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I regret not buying Skyrim

#81blade6321Posted 7/5/2014 9:30:35 AM
Bane766 posted...
the Thieves guild and DB questlines are pretty damn good

The "thieves" guild still managed to have about as much dungeon crawling as the rest of them.

Bane766 posted...
even the vanilla versions-why do you think it sold so well on consoles? Because it's a great game even without the mods.

I'm just gonna assume you were drunk or very tired when you posted this.
---
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044407572/
Whose eyes are those eyes?
#82GoldninjaPosted 7/5/2014 10:10:29 AM
blade6321 posted...

Or, you know, opinions. Oblivion isn't very difficult, yet I'm enjoying it. Exploration is sometimes a better reward than raw challenge. if I wanted to play a hard game, I'd play something else. Want to tear your hair out in frustration? Go play Castlevania 3.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#83blade6321Posted 7/5/2014 11:35:56 AM
Goldninja posted...
blade6321 posted...

Or, you know, opinions. Oblivion isn't very difficult, yet I'm enjoying it. Exploration is sometimes a better reward than raw challenge. if I wanted to play a hard game, I'd play something else. Want to tear your hair out in frustration? Go play Castlevania 3.

You completely missed the point and straw manned entirely, but I'll let it slide.

I was referring to this point

Bane766 posted...
even the vanilla versions-why do you think it sold so well on consoles?

If you can't see how the logic in that specific point is extremely flawed, then I'll just take your current mental capacity to be at all time low as well.
---
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044407572/
Whose eyes are those eyes?
#84Golden MavenPosted 7/5/2014 2:36:20 PM
I got Skyrim during the summer sale, I like it. Got 18 hours so far and I'm only level 12 or something.

I installed SkyUI and a couple of texture mods for characters, that's it so far. Enjoying the game as is, will likely get into the mods once I finish the main quest.

It sounds like some people were expecting something more than a WRPG. That's exactly what Skyrim is, only a little more streamlined compare to the old school ones.
#85CommonJoePosted 7/5/2014 7:39:57 PM
Lemur_H posted...
CommonJoe posted...
ARMA 2 isn't that amazing of a game, but with the DayZ mod its incredible.

Continue to post like your opinion is fact. That's all I see you do.

I'm sorry I'm confident enough in my opinion on Skyrim to not waste time making it sound like an opinion.
---
Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2. Lets revitalize this game eh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FUge6ghaIo&hd=1
#86CatalystGuitar18Posted 7/6/2014 7:10:25 AM
With the Requiem mod and a couple of combat overhauls, it's one of the finest games in the land.
---
PSN ID: Senor_Rub_a_Dub
#87NingishzidaPosted 7/6/2014 5:02:19 PM
CatalystGuitar18 posted...
With the Requiem mod and a couple of combat overhauls, it's one of the finest games in the land.

rofl

u srs?

Nothing can change how clunky the combat is*, how bad the quests and factions/guilds are, how forgettable the characters are, and how awful the writing and voice acting is.

rofl

I played thru with Deadly Combat + TK mods, it was still a spamfest. Also, you'll need a mod that gets rid of killcams, no action gamer worth a damn wants control wrested from him/her while playing, resulting in cheap deaths for both sides, just for some cinematic schlock with embarrassing polygon clipping...
#88notSFFPosted 7/6/2014 5:03:38 PM
I've never seen someone get so freaking angry over people liking something they don't.
---
SteamID: tsff20
Xbox Gamer Tag: TSFF19
#89Pal 080Posted 7/6/2014 5:05:22 PM
notSFF posted...
I've never seen someone get so freaking angry over people liking something they don't.

Lol seriously though... it's quite pathetic.
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#90NingishzidaPosted 7/6/2014 5:06:47 PM
I'm blown away someone just called a Requiem Skyrim + combat mod "one of the finest games in the land".

WOW.