This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does Insurgency have such a low playerbase?

#1r7gerrabbitPosted 7/4/2014 7:00:52 PM
800-1600 people usually.

It's probably one of the best FPS games I have played in years... Slow paced, round based, 1-2 bullets will put your down for good, and heavily team/squad focused.

I can't even remember the last time I had this much fun in a shooter. You're not Superman, you're just a regular person.
---
Sig.
#2Orestes417Posted 7/4/2014 7:01:41 PM
Because it's an insanely niche game. That's not a low playerbase for something like that.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#3Cool_Dude667Posted 7/4/2014 7:05:03 PM
I feel like you answered your own question. For older gamers this is freakin awesome and refreshing, but lets face it younger people prefer CoD over-the-top style where you don't need to employ strategy or tactics, they want the same scripted trite experience over and over again.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#4DisastersaurusPosted 7/4/2014 7:26:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5Orestes417Posted 7/4/2014 7:36:17 PM
That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard starting with the age thing and ending with the utterly brain dead notion you don't need to employ strategy or tactics to be remotely good at CoD.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#6LazyyAmericanPosted 7/4/2014 9:27:47 PM
Ehh for me they dropped the ball with the weapon sounds and animations imo...some of the guns don't even eject spent brass casings....I'm.a huge stickler for the details especially in shooters that pride themselves on realism.
---
A true cinematic 24 fps experience
#7BogePosted 7/4/2014 9:57:21 PM
r7gerrabbit posted...
You're not Superman, you're just a regular person.

That's why. The kids enjoy the more fast paced crazy Call of Duty style shooters. They don't have the patience to take things slow and tactical.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#8thatfool12GsPosted 7/4/2014 11:00:41 PM
LazyyAmerican posted...
Ehh for me they dropped the ball with the weapon sounds and animations imo...some of the guns don't even eject spent brass casings....I'm.a huge stickler for the details especially in shooters that pride themselves on realism.

Was considering a purchase until I read this. I'm big in the small details as well.

I'll stick to Arma 3 for my realism fix, and BF4 for my arcadey fix.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#9LazyyAmericanPosted 7/4/2014 11:08:21 PM
Arma 3 is guilty of the same criticisms I have lol...least that's what I gathered from YouTube videos recently. I've wanted a new raven shield but nothing thus far has lived up to my expectations except settling for rainbow six 3.
---
A true cinematic 24 fps experience
#10DisastersaurusPosted 7/4/2014 11:50:55 PM
Can't stand these kinds of shooters, myself. Unreal Tournament or bust.
---
video games are for children