This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does Insurgency have such a low playerbase?

#11Greendragon854Posted 7/4/2014 11:05:07 PM
It actually make me nervous when I play it. In a good way. And I think they did excellent on the sound. The guns really thump.
---
"Are you going to buy this time? Or are you still just curious?"
"Well, I supposed you could say I'm Buy-Curious" ~PSN - greeniebeanie
#12ChromaticAngelPosted 7/4/2014 11:35:48 PM
because it's trying to compete in a genre where everyone who wants to play that genre is already playing CoD, BF, or Counter-Strike.
---
I am your savior. I am corruption. I am the angel, of your destruction.
I am perversion. Secret desire. I am your future, swallowed up in fire.
#13Howling-Reaper-Posted 7/5/2014 12:02:04 AM
I can't speak for other people, but Insurgency had way to many weird network issues to be fun for me.
---
There is no hope.
#14ThePCElitistPosted 7/5/2014 5:19:53 AM
This is a common multi-player count for all pc games outside of battlefield and counter-strike.
---
When I'm Miq'ote
http://youtu.be/h3LGf9SSWrU
#15Orestes417Posted 7/5/2014 5:26:35 AM
LazyyAmerican posted...
Arma 3 is guilty of the same criticisms I have lol...least that's what I gathered from YouTube videos recently. I've wanted a new raven shield but nothing thus far has lived up to my expectations except settling for rainbow six 3.

Yeah you probably missed the fact the guns in ARMA 3 are using caseless rounds for the most part.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#16KillerzOverHerePosted 7/5/2014 6:32:29 AM
Insurgency is a great game I love it. If you want realism at the infantry scale, this game is the best, no doubt. Ro2/RS is a close second. For full war realism, look either at ArmA or Project Reality.
---
Apparently all GameFAQs mods are women, because they just gave me a warning for having a misogynistic joke in my signature.
#17johnny_payPosted 7/5/2014 6:34:54 AM
i think it partly has to do with the mod that it is based on
#18OdinfanPosted 7/5/2014 6:59:41 AM
Orestes417 posted...
That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard starting with the age thing and ending with the utterly brain dead notion you don't need to employ strategy or tactics to be remotely good at CoD.

You do not want me to tell you all the reasons why your statement in and of itself is flawed. Having played competitive FPS from the original MoH (and Rainbow 6, Stalker MP, CS, etc) all the way through to the modern CoDs (a decade's worth actually), the speed of movement and ballistics aren't there.

It's way too arcadey for its own good.
---
"I'm not Ayu Ayu!" - Tsukimiya Ayu, Kanon
Because "Uguu!" is overused....
#19Orestes417Posted 7/5/2014 7:08:47 AM(edited)
Odinfan posted...
Orestes417 posted...
That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard starting with the age thing and ending with the utterly brain dead notion you don't need to employ strategy or tactics to be remotely good at CoD.

You do not want me to tell you all the reasons why your statement in and of itself is flawed. Having played competitive FPS from the original MoH (and Rainbow 6, Stalker MP, CS, etc) all the way through to the modern CoDs (a decade's worth actually), the speed of movement and ballistics aren't there.

It's way too arcadey for its own good.

Speed of movement and ballistics have extremely little to do with tactics and strategy. Yes yes any derp can get into CoD and get some death streaks so they don't end up at the bottom of the board. They're still going to get their ass handed to them by anyone remotely good unless they play smart. So yes, by all means explain in excruciating detail how you're magically going to be *good* at CoD by skipping any semblance of tactical or strategic play. I need a good laugh.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#20Sir_Meowcat_EsqPosted 7/5/2014 7:35:24 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]