This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sword Art Online and VR, It's happening!

#1good_mangorushPosted 7/4/2014 8:31:59 PM
http://gematsu.com/2014/07/oculus-vr-showing-sword-art-online-demo-anime-expo

Sasuga, Oculus!!!!
---
I am proud to be weeaboo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQKheh_T0ho
#2Lemur_HPosted 7/4/2014 8:35:03 PM

I don't wanna die.
#3protomole64Posted 7/4/2014 8:37:10 PM
Me likey, me likey, but now me want .hack
---
Annie's always asking people to see her bare tibbers. ~ jalm94
#4Abiz_Posted 7/4/2014 8:50:10 PM
Sounds great if only it's based on the first half of season 1...They really dropped the tension on the second half. Which killed the series for me.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#5Cool_Dude667Posted 7/4/2014 8:52:00 PM
Abiz_ posted...
Sounds great if only it's based on the first half of season 1...They really dropped the tension on the second half. Which killed the series for me.

yeah I stopped watching at that point
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#6Lemur_HPosted 7/4/2014 8:54:16 PM
I finished it. Enjoyed it.

Waiting for the new episodes.
#7PhilOnDezPosted 7/4/2014 8:56:58 PM
Abiz_ posted...

Check out the Vita game coming out this summer. It picks up on the 75th floor after Kirito fights Akihiko. You have to continue clearing the final 25 floors, basically negating ALO. I'm looking forward to it a lot.

Season two starts tomorrow for anyone who watches it.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#8SinisterSlayPosted 7/4/2014 9:10:57 PM
I'll have to wait for Netflix to pick it up.

I'm really not getting vr if they make this though.
And I'll be checking for microwaves.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#9MachEvolutionPosted 7/5/2014 1:42:34 AM
We're still a long ways away from full VR though. Plus our networks still have too many latency issues to be able to run such a data-heavy game for thousands of players playing together simultaneously, it's the reason why most MMO's have such basic combat, you slow down the gameplay so that lag doesn't become a problem.

I would love to have fully functioning VR, and in my current condition I'd even accept the risk of dying in-game meaning you die in real-life. But we're still at least a decade or two away from anything resembling the technology shown in Sword Art Online. Even if Oculus Rift lives up to expectations, that's just one part it, and one of the easiest pieces to make.
#10SneakiestNegPosted 7/5/2014 3:18:54 AM
Dropped the show and switched to log horizon.
I will watch some reviews and maybe give it another chance.