This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow, Divinity: OS is really super hard ... AND I LOVE IT!

#11AnimorganimatePosted 7/5/2014 2:29:00 PM
KingDFizzle posted...
LOL, I love the progression from TC in this thread.

1. I LOVE THIS GAME

2. Hmmmmmm.....not really sure what to do.....

3. I hate this game

This is one of more brilliant games I've played in a long time, and OP's progression is perfect. Divinity will weed certain people out over time. It's old school, it's hard, and it's so much fun . . . but it's not for everyone. Unfortunately, Forever Shadowed, you might be one of those, unless you keep playing and don't give up.

Now, I leave you with one of the hundreds of laugh-out-loud moments I've had in this game (all in the first town): http://i.imgur.com/X83Pcbh.png

There's something sublime about a rooster posing for a portrait.
---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
#12jedinatPosted 7/5/2014 2:31:46 PM
Forever Shadowed posted...
Grimlink132 posted...
level 4 is the hardest level. look for a cave surrounded by a huge amount of zombie boars and such.
to eaisily kill zombies, turn them on fire, then make them bleed. they bleed posion, and if they are on fire, then they explode.

Yes I've been trying to enter the cave to get to Evelyns lab all day.

There are like 2 mages, 4 bores, 2 archers.

Im all level 5 and I still have trouble fighting them.

0/10 game

Have you been buying skill books and such? Are you using the environment to your advantage? I've beaten a group of level 5-6 orcs at levels 3-4 by dousing them in oil and fire/cutting them off and picking them off one at a time...
#13RavenoussdPosted 7/5/2014 2:42:54 PM
whats so hard about this game?

if anything this thread has given me an additional interest in this game

i played divinity 2 and well loved it...it was great....but was weary on this game as it changed it to a diablo/balders gate style
---
gamefaqs posters = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdwchohlMjI
#14luigi33Posted 7/5/2014 3:14:05 PM
Ravenoussd posted...
diablo/balders gate style

Diablo and Baldur's Gate could not be any different in terms of the genres.

One is an action RPG focusing on loot boss encounters and dungeon crawling, the other is a CRPG focusing on world building, character development, and story.
---
Specs: [Intel i5 3570k] [16GB DDR3] [GA-Z77X-UD3H]
[CM Hyper 212+] [GTX 760]
Steam ID: xcyper33
#15ChromaticAngelPosted 7/5/2014 5:24:49 PM
Forever Shadowed posted...
Grimlink132 posted...
level 4 is the hardest level. look for a cave surrounded by a huge amount of zombie boars and such.
to eaisily kill zombies, turn them on fire, then make them bleed. they bleed posion, and if they are on fire, then they explode.

Yes I've been trying to enter the cave to get to Evelyns lab all day.

There are like 2 mages, 4 bores, 2 archers.

Im all level 5 and I still have trouble fighting them.

0/10 game

That was the hardest fight in the game for me so far, and I'm passed Evelyn's lair. I was able to beat them finally, by approaching from the south, and having my party wait behind the hill, and sending Scarlett in on her own to aggro the monsters, then run back, and set up zone hazards that the monsters had to cross to get to me. (and a few large potions)
---
I am your savior. I am corruption. I am the angel, of your destruction.
I am perversion. Secret desire. I am your future, swallowed up in fire.
#16jedinatPosted 7/5/2014 5:26:53 PM(edited)
ChromaticAngel posted...
sending Scarlett in on her own to aggro the monsters, then run back

Why would you ever need to do that? No ranger, wizard, etc.?
#17ChromaticAngelPosted 7/5/2014 5:27:11 PM
jedinat posted...
ChromaticAngel posted...
sending Scarlett in on her own to aggro the monsters, then run back

Why would you ever need to do that?

it forced all the monsters to bunch up by the corner of the path and I was able to hit the several of them at the same time.
---
I am your savior. I am corruption. I am the angel, of your destruction.
I am perversion. Secret desire. I am your future, swallowed up in fire.
#18Pal 080Posted 7/5/2014 5:34:21 PM
Ack, I want to play this game soo bad but I just can't buy another game yet without finishing a few... FREAK OUT!!!

Just the art style is making me swoon over it, and I'm loving everything I hear about the gameplay so far and dang it I love me a good turn-based combat system!
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#19Ame_no_MurakumoPosted 7/5/2014 5:39:06 PM
Pal 080 posted...
Ack, I want to play this game soo bad but I just can't buy another game yet without finishing a few... FREAK OUT!!!

Just the art style is making me swoon over it, and I'm loving everything I hear about the gameplay so far and dang it I love me a good turn-based combat system!

It's amazing.
#20HighOnPhazonPosted 7/5/2014 5:49:12 PM
Wow, level 38 troll.

Quite something to behold.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650