This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow, Divinity: OS is really super hard ... AND I LOVE IT!

#21Forever Shadowed(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2014 7:17:11 AM
OMG I WON YEEESSS

Fireballs > All.

I had no idea setting them on fire + bleeding them would do so much damage. 2-3 died at the start of their turn just from the bleeding/posion + fire effect.
---
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
#22Killah PriestPosted 7/6/2014 7:39:37 AM
Fire is brutal, the tutorial dungeon should have showed you this.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#23AnimorganimatePosted 7/6/2014 9:14:22 AM
There's nothing better than sneaking up on a group of baddies and teleporting a nearby barrel full of poison right on top of their ugly heads. Now that the fight has started, my ranger, who was hiding in the bush behind the group lets rip a fire arrow into the puddle of green ooze, exploding them. Now they're ablaze and start running from the fiery chaos right into the inviting puddle of water next to them. Good thing my mage is all "charged up", and releases a blitz bolt into the water, electrocuting everyone touching liquid, which also stuns a good lot of 'em. Now they're panicked, and never see the poison gas cloud arrow coming their way. Engulfed in green mist, my battle mage strolls right up and ignites the cloud with his fire touch, finishing them off.

Every battle feels this epic to me. I'm in love with this game.
---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
#24Forever Shadowed(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2014 11:27:38 AM
Man this game is awesome.

Solved the mystery, now going back to clean up all the areas around Cyseal I missed. doing the church now.

Combat is so deep and layered. Usually in RPGs like this I take the path of least resistance and just focus on one or two attacks and spam them. Not here. Fights are so tough that you really need to use every single spell and status effect you can get oyur hands on.
---
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
#25GoIrish80Posted 7/6/2014 11:30:12 AM
Definitely loving it so far.

It's funny how many people are labeling it Diablo solely based on the camera view.

If I had to label it, I'd say it's Baldur's Gate, Skyrim, and Fire Emblem combined.
#26AnimorganimatePosted 7/6/2014 2:30:46 PM
GoIrish80 posted...
Definitely loving it so far.

It's funny how many people are labeling it Diablo solely based on the camera view.

If I had to label it, I'd say it's Baldur's Gate, Skyrim, and Fire Emblem combined.

It's definitely not the same genre as Diablo . . not just label-wise, but technically speaking as well. Anyone who says otherwise probably doesn't know any better (either they haven't been gaming long or only play one type of game).

Diablo is an ARPG/hack-n-slash/loot-fest, while Divinity: Original Sin is a classic CRPG/turn-based-strategy/semi-loot-fest. Yes, they both use an isometric view, but so does Civilization and The Sims (which shows how ridiculous basing a game on its perspective is). Diablo II: Lord of Destruction is one of the best games in its genre, while Divinty: Original Sin is quickly becoming one of the best in its genre.
---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
#27Forever Shadowed(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2014 2:43:02 PM
Encountered BR Braccus Rex

LOL yeah right i aint beating this guy
---