This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Divinity Original Sin, yay or nay?

#11Dark_SpiretPosted 7/5/2014 10:48:29 AM
in terms of crpg's its probably the best iv seen in 6 or 7 years.

Looks nice with an astounding attention to detail. tons of versatility in its combat, classes and skills (honestly all pretty overwhelmingly so). interesting writing and characters(tho the main story is kinda meh so far). quests with alternate solutions and im 19hours in and i feel like iv barely scratched the surface. From what im hearing this is easily a 60+ hour game. Iv onyl dabbled a bit in the coop, but it seems fine and well implemented and yes its very playable in single.

iv got a few issues with it so far, but they all boil down to specific nitpicks. at this point its easily my GOTY.
---
Currently playing: Divinity Original Sin - Sniper Elite III - Shovel Knight
#12GjainPosted 7/5/2014 10:51:30 AM
revolver posted...
A big, hearty YAY.
#13Grimlink132Posted 7/5/2014 11:04:56 AM
absoulte yay. been playing it to death
#14JaghavePosted 7/5/2014 11:07:55 AM
Yay and I was expecting to hate it
---
I7-2600k OC @ 4.10GHZ | GeForce GTX 780TI | 8 GB DDR3. http://www.backloggery.com/jaghave
I fought the law and the law lost
#15harcoreblazer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2014 12:54:44 PM
Guess it's a Yay then.
---
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4HQWWuqP8&feature=youtu.be
#16BendoHendoPosted 7/5/2014 4:35:52 PM
It's the best RPG of the past 10 years, and that's no hyperbole. This game could single handedly save computer role playing. I don't know why it's not already in your inventory.
#17chris121691Posted 7/5/2014 9:51:30 PM
BendoHendo posted...
It's the best RPG of the past 10 years, and that's no hyperbole. This game could single handedly save computer role playing. I don't know why it's not already in your inventory.

Those are strong words lol.
#18AnimorganimatePosted 7/5/2014 10:00:12 PM
chris121691 posted...
BendoHendo posted...

Those are strong words lol.

But 100% true words, none-the-less. It's one of the most emphatic YAYS I can give, and I was not expecting it to be this objectively great.

I've played most of the old Divinity games (but haven't beaten many of them), and knew I liked Larian's game design, lore, and humor and what-not . . . but Original Sin isn't just great for a Larian game, it's exemplary of what a CRPG should be.

My favorite CRPG from back in the day is Arcanum, and I love the other "top" RPGs (Baldur's Gate series, Fallout, etc), but Original Sin has quickly become not only GOTY for me, but one of my top 3 favorite RPGs.
---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
#19falloutfanPosted 7/5/2014 10:04:23 PM
It's a pretty good smack in the face to developers who believe that turn-based rpgs are dead. It's also one of my favorite CRPGs since Baldurs Gate 2.
#20SuigintouEVPosted 7/9/2014 10:03:17 PM
This game looks like a blast. I really hope I get a chance to play it sometime soon. Right now though my PC isn't set up at a desk, so I can't be playing old-school keyboard and mouse RPGs. =(
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II