This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any quality difference between displayport to HDMI and DVI to HDMI adapters?

#11DuranOfForcena(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2014 2:37:04 PM
Lvthn posted...
DuranOfForcena posted...
Uhhh... the only type of picture-displaying device I even mentioned in the OP was a TV. I don't know why you would assume that I would be using anything else.

But anyway, if there is no difference in quality in either, then I'll probably go with the HDMI to DVI since it's 2 bucks cheaper compared to the cheapest ones of both that I found.

"I've been wanting to do a dual-monitor setup for awhile now"

That's not exactly unambiguously "two TVs."

Context.
---
GameFAQS Legend. Him, below.
http://i.imgur.com/shShp5S.jpg
#12LvthnPosted 7/5/2014 3:05:06 PM
DuranOfForcena posted...
Lvthn posted...
DuranOfForcena posted...
Uhhh... the only type of picture-displaying device I even mentioned in the OP was a TV. I don't know why you would assume that I would be using anything else.

But anyway, if there is no difference in quality in either, then I'll probably go with the HDMI to DVI since it's 2 bucks cheaper compared to the cheapest ones of both that I found.

Context.

Given that what you're saying you plan to do sounds ridiculous, if anything my fault is assuming that you must have left something out and are not actually going to top/bottom a pair of TV sets. A monitor, at the least, would make up for the shortcomings of a TV as primary.

Why would you press something after I already retracted the statement?
#13MyDogSkipPosted 7/5/2014 3:30:19 PM
I kind of assumed it'd be a TV because it was going above another TV (a monitor is just too small to be that far away from), but it really wasn't specified. Doesn't matter, the question has been answered.
---
Don't trust the smiling penguin!
http://backloggery.com/mydogskip93
#14DuranOfForcena(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2014 4:03:19 PM
Lvthn posted...
DuranOfForcena posted...
Lvthn posted...
DuranOfForcena posted...

Context.

Given that what you're saying you plan to do sounds ridiculous, if anything my fault is assuming that you must have left something out and are not actually going to top/bottom a pair of TV sets. A monitor, at the least, would make up for the shortcomings of a TV as primary.

Why would you press something after I already retracted the statement?

Ridiculous? Not at all. Why are you of the erroneous opinion that it is ridiculous?
---
#15zero alphaPosted 7/5/2014 4:18:11 PM
DuranOfForcena posted...
Ridiculous? Not at all. Why are you of the erroneous opinion that it is ridiculous?

Haha, "erroneous opinion?" That's cute.

And you explicitly stated you wanted a "dual-monitor" setup. But, while the difference is essentially semantic, most people don't refer to televisions as monitors.
---
"Given the usual tenor of GameFAQs; I'm surprised this got past 10 posts
without the original poster being insulted"
- kern
#16DuranOfForcena(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2014 4:22:16 PM
zero alpha posted...
DuranOfForcena posted...

And you explicitly stated you wanted a "dual-monitor" setup. But, while the difference is essentially semantic, most people don't refer to televisions as monitors.

Okay, maybe I should have said dual screen or dual display or whatever. But that still doesn't change the context, which easily identifies what I meant to anyone who understands basic reading comprehension. Like, simply saying "dual" monitor when I had expressly identified beforehand that the current "single" one is a TV, one should be able to gather that the other one will be a TV as well.
---
#17MyDogSkipPosted 7/5/2014 7:08:41 PM
DuranOfForcena posted...
zero alpha posted...
DuranOfForcena posted...

Okay, maybe I should have said dual screen or dual display or whatever. But that still doesn't change the context, which easily identifies what I meant to anyone who understands basic reading comprehension. Like, simply saying "dual" monitor when I had expressly identified beforehand that the current "single" one is a TV, one should be able to gather that the other one will be a TV as well.

One can't infer that your second display will be a TV just based on the fact that your first one is, without any other supporting information. Plenty of people have a monitor and a TV connected to their computers.
---
#18DuranOfForcena(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2014 7:11:30 PM
MyDogSkip posted...
DuranOfForcena posted...
zero alpha posted...
DuranOfForcena posted...

One can't infer that your second display will be a TV just based on the fact that your first one is, without any other supporting information. Plenty of people have a monitor and a TV connected to their computers.

Yet you yourself were earlier able to gather that it was going to be a TV from the context.
---
#19MyDogSkipPosted 7/5/2014 7:13:15 PM
DuranOfForcena posted...
MyDogSkip posted...
DuranOfForcena posted...
zero alpha posted...
DuranOfForcena posted...

Yet you yourself were earlier able to gather that it was going to be a TV from the context.

I made an assumption. It was no certainty.
---