This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the Arma 3 AI superhuman or am I just awful?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the Arma 3 AI superhuman or am I just awful?

User Info: DaedalusEx

DaedalusEx
2 years ago#1
I'm on the first mission of the Adapt campaign and I can't even because of all these terminators running around.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
2 years ago#2
Little of both. Go into the config file and dial down the AI.
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
2 years ago#3
Yeah, the AI is both insanely accurate and very perceptive some times.. There are times they'll pick you off in a couple shots out of the blue from 200m away if, for some reason, a stray round flies vaguely in their direction.
PC: http://i.imgur.com/zgyKBAY.jpg

User Info: biohazard1775

biohazard1775
2 years ago#4
Orestes417 posted...
Little of both. Go into the config file and dial down the AI.
http://i.imgur.com/PUlTENu.png
Iron Within, Iron Without

User Info: DaedalusEx

DaedalusEx
2 years ago#5
Does anyone have some recommended settings? I want a challenge, but don't want it to feel like the AI is cheating.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
2 years ago#6
I believe the recommended setting is something like 0.2. There's a faq page on it somewhere just search ARMA III difficulty settings or somesuch.
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.

User Info: thatfool12Gs

thatfool12Gs
2 years ago#7
They have a lethal aim on harder difficulty. You also MUST scope the surroundings and identify your threats.
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the Arma 3 AI superhuman or am I just awful?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived