This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I'm thinking of getting Insurgency.

#1That1GuyyPosted 7/5/2014 6:54:19 PM
Does anyone who already owns it want to share your experiences with the game?

I watched a gameplay video, and it seemed similar to Red Orchestra 2 except with modern weapons and Counter-Strike scale. My favorite shooter right now is Global Offensive, but I would enjoy playing something that isn't Call of Duty but still rewards me for seeing people before they see me. Really, that's my biggest downfall at CS, is that I can't aim well enough to survive most head on encounters.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#2KillerzOverHerePosted 7/5/2014 6:55:49 PM
Its exactly like you described it, very fun

hmu on steam, we can play together
KillerzOverHere
---
Apparently all GameFAQs mods are women, because they just gave me a warning for having a misogynistic joke in my signature.
#3CardigansFanPosted 7/5/2014 7:09:04 PM
Game sounds about right up your alley. I played a few hours and it was definitely a nice change from the CoD I had been playing almost non-stop beforehand.
---
'93 Saturn SL2 * Xperia Z1 Compact * NX300
Clevo W230SS 3200x1800 | i7-4700MQ | GTX860M | 16GB RAM | 480GB mSATA
#4Greendragon854Posted 7/5/2014 10:25:43 PM
I'm not huge into CS games (I'm just too lazy to get good at them. It feels like LoL to me, with a high learning curve and high skill cap based on memorization) but I love insurgency. It just feels so...right.
---
"Are you going to buy this time? Or are you still just curious?"
"Well, I supposed you could say I'm Buy-Curious" ~PSN - greeniebeanie
#5THOMASNATORPosted 7/6/2014 5:03:14 AM
Also, if you have any FPS problems, slap in fps_max 200 into the console, clears drops right up.
---
To innovate is good, to stand and innovate is better.
A8-6600K | NVIDIA GTX TITAN | 2x Seagate 500GB | 1x Seagate 2TB | Corsair 850
#6That1Guyy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2014 7:05:06 PM
So I got it and played a couple matches to get a feel for it.

Apparently the official servers suffer extreme lag during US evenings and this is a common occurrence? That's... bad. On the custom server I joined, no one seemed to talk, much like every other game, which is a huge negative when put into perspective of the gameplay. One of the biggest things about Counter-Strike that I like is that if you play competitive, the vast majority of players will have mics and will talk.

I'll play a bit more tomorrow, and I'll play with anyone here that is interested and see how that plays out.
---
#7That1Guyy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2014 11:39:08 AM
I played a couple more matches this morning, and now I'm kind of turned off from the game. You get punished for pushing out of cover too quickly, but the maps are so big I don't know where I'm being killed from when I push, so I don't even know where to look before pushing the next time.

In CS, I can think about the mistake I made that killed me while waiting for the next round. In this, I'm just sitting there wondering if I'll even see someone before I get killed and told I was shot from 60+ meters the next time I spawn. I'm really not even learning the maps when I die, because I only have a vague idea of the direction I was killed from.

Red Orchestra was more fun to me because the maps were laid out in a way that I always had a good idea of who killed me and from where, so I could learn about where to look before leaving cover the next time.
---
#8bsballa09Posted 7/8/2014 11:47:21 AM(edited)
Apparently the official servers suffer extreme lag during US evenings and this is a common occurrence? That's... bad.

The official servers started to get lag after the Steam Summer Sale. I think the huge influx of new players screwed up the servers. They're trying to fix it right now. Normally they aren't bad.

On the custom server I joined, no one seemed to talk, much like every other game, which is a huge negative when put into perspective of the gameplay. One of the biggest things about Counter-Strike that I like is that if you play competitive, the vast majority of players will have mics and will talk.

Which is why I only play on official servers. People normally talk on those.

I played a couple more matches this morning, and now I'm kind of turned off from the game. You get punished for pushing out of cover too quickly, but the maps are so big I don't know where I'm being killed from when I push, so I don't even know where to look before pushing the next time

And that's what makes it realistic. You're not supposed to know where you get killed from. Just be more careful. Peak around corners to see if you see anyone or if you get shot at. You probably got sniped with someone who had a silencer.

Red Orchestra was more fun to me because the maps were laid out in a way that I always had a good idea of who killed me and from where, so I could learn about where to look before leaving cover the next time.

And what's the fun in knowing where you got killed from?
---
[Don't buy The Sims 4]
#9KillerzOverHerePosted 7/8/2014 11:47:48 AM
I agree with bsballa09.That's the fun of it. ro2 and this game are different, even though they are probably the two most similar games, next to Counter Strike, and maybe BF.
---
Apparently all GameFAQs mods are women, because they just gave me a warning for having a misogynistic joke in my signature.
#10bsballa09Posted 7/8/2014 12:06:34 PM
They actually just released a patch for the lag issues a few minutes ago.
---
[Don't buy The Sims 4]