This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

who here has both a desktop and a laptop

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. who here has both a desktop and a laptop
11 months ago#11
I have a mid 2009 MBP that I've hardly touched since I built my desktop in 2011. I mainly use it for labs and such where I have to have a portable computer and my tablet isn't adequate.
---
Don't trust the smiling penguin!
http://backloggery.com/mydogskip93
11 months ago#12
Own a laptop and tablet. You never know when you need them.
11 months ago#13
I owned both a laptop and desktop, although my desktop is at my parents' home.
---
I will not be forgiven by good or evil.-Donovan Baine, Vampire Savior/Darkstalkers 3
11 months ago#14
My laptop is mostly for school though it can handle games fairly well. Never use it at home for anything but projects.
11 months ago#15
I have a laptop but I rarely use it for anything other than work as I have a 3ds, tablet, and HTC One m8 for mobile stuff.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
11 months ago#16
I used to own a laptop. Mainly used it for school. Now I just use my phone or work laptop when I need something portable. Mostly just use my phone at this point. I rarely need to do more than a simple google search while on the go.
---
Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.
11 months ago#17
I used to have a laptop, but it died a couple of years back. Replaced it with an iPad and never looked back.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
11 months ago#18
Laptop and desktop

Desktop for heavy-duty gaming(generally heavy graphics) and work and the occasional web-browsing
Laptop mainly for web-browsing, movies and shows and light gaming(older games and emulators)
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
11 months ago#19
I don't really understand the purpose to a laptop or tablet if you have a smartphone. If bigger screen real estate is all you want, then a phablet like the Note 3 or Nokia 1520 can act as a bridge between a phone and a tabet for productivity. Most ot the time you're going to be browsing the web or watching netflix on it so why not carry something you can keep in your pocket.
11 months ago#20
TehPwnzerer posted...
I don't really understand the purpose to a laptop or tablet if you have a smartphone. If bigger screen real estate is all you want, then a phablet like the Note 3 or Nokia 1520 can act as a bridge between a phone and a tabet for productivity. Most ot the time you're going to be browsing the web or watching netflix on it so why not carry something you can keep in your pocket.

I got my LG gpad for free when I upgraded to the HTC One m8 so that was neat
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. who here has both a desktop and a laptop

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived